Demaryius Thomas on Tebow: 'I wish he would have stayed'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    So if TT won the superbowl last year you'd still want Manning?

TT was gone regardless of how many games he won. Agree with neckbeard.

We should still have him. I'll probably be sore about it till he retires. The kid would've played goal-line or anywhere if asked. Inside the ten, or inside the twenty, I'd take TT over Manning every day of the week. We had the chance to put something really creative together.

Agh I got sucked into it again!

:lurk:
    Did you just seriously imply that Tebow is a better quarterback than Manning? Really?
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
      I remember both McDaniels and Gruden praising Tebow for his ability to read defenses. I think his poor grasp of the "Xs and Os" is a misconception. Tebow's problem was his refusal to take risks. He was hesitant to put the ball in tight windows.
      Refusal to take risks was only one of his problems.

He may understand X's and O's, but I don't think he was fast enough reading defenses under pressure. He held the ball too long, and he has a run-first mentality. Lastly his accuracy, or lack of it, was the nail in the coffin.
      Last edited by getlynched47; 07-18-2012, 09:06 AM.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
        Did you just seriously imply that Tebow is a better quarterback than Manning? Really?
        Inside the 10, he might be.

Comment

We should still have him. I'll probably be sore about it till he retires. The kid would've played goal-line or anywhere if asked. Inside the ten, or inside the twenty, I'd take TT over Manning every day of the week. We had the chance to put something really creative together.
          Tebow may have been willing to play anywhere in any situation, but I don't think his fans would go along with it. Too many of them would have gone nuts screaming that Fox bench Manning for Tebow every time Peyton would throw a pick or take a sack.

In 2010, inside the 10, Manning has a passer rating of 103.7 while TT's passer rating in the same area was a far more modest 47.9. Having Tebow on the field WITH Manning certainly may have added to the Offense. Having Tebow on the field INSTEAD OF Manning would have been a definite downgrade and a steep one.

Sorry about that, friend...
          Last edited by neckbeard; 07-18-2012, 09:08 AM.
          "That's a crap question."
          - Kyle Orton

Comment

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
            Tebow may have been willing to play anywhere in any situation, but I don't think his fans would go along with it. Too many of them would have gone nuts screaming that Fox bench Manning for Tebow every time Peyton would throw a pick or take a sack.

In 2010, inside the 10, Manning has a passer rating of 103.7 while TT's passer rating in the same area was a far more modest 47.9. Having Tebow on the field WITH Manning certainly may have added to the Offense. Having Tebow on the field INSTEAD OF Manning would have been a definite downgrade and a steep one.

Sorry about that, friend...
            Yeah, I didn't mean "TT is a better passer inside the redzone than Manning" obviously.

Comment

So if TT won the superbowl last year you'd still want Manning?

TT was gone regardless of how many games he won. Agree with neckbeard.

Good thing you are not an NFL coach then
              You might want to look up how the Colts did in the redzone with Peyton
              They were one of if not the best
              I read a stat that said from 08 to 10 they scored like over 90% of the time in the redzone

Outside of running the option, there is no scenario where replacing Peyton Manning for Tim Tebow would be an upgrade for an offense

Plus the whole continuity thing, Santonio Holmes balked at the idea of a "2 qb system" for NY

Comment

• Originally posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
                Good thing you are not an NFL coach then
                You might want to look up how the Colts did in the redzone with Peyton
                They were one of if not the best
                I read a stat that said from 08 to 10 they scored like over 90% of the time in the redzone

Outside of running the option, there is no scenario where replacing Peyton Manning for Tim Tebow would be an upgrade for an offense

Plus the whole continuity thing, Santonio Holmes balked at the idea of a "2 qb system" for NY
                It's called shock value.

The running option is all I was talking about. Especially with PM on the field TT would've been unstoppable. Obviously there wouldn't be a 2 qb system here. If Mark Sanchez was Peyton Manning, they wouldn't have talked about a 2 qb system there either. Tim would've played FB, HB, TE, WR, etc for Manning in a heartbeat, and I think the transition would've been pretty seemless. Hell, he would probably be a better center than JD.

Comment

Working...
                X