X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jonathanrivers
    replied
    Originally posted by Blue Thunda View Post
    Pretty glad I didn't get a Doom jersey for my b-day this past month.

I was so stoked for this season too, now this has been a complete buzzkill. He should be ashamed of this situation like the dude above me said, being involved directly or indirectly. He's let down a bunch of players, coaches, and fans. I wont be able to look at him the same.
    Fortunately, he's probably not worried about how you look at him

I can only hope he doesn't get into legal trouble and can contribute to what should be a special 2-4 years.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Thunda
    replied
    Pretty glad I didn't get a Doom jersey for my b-day this past month.

I was so stoked for this season too, now this has been a complete buzzkill. He should be ashamed of this situation like the dude above me said, being involved directly or indirectly. He's let down a bunch of players, coaches, and fans. I wont be able to look at him the same.

Leave a comment:

• one_bad_55
    replied
    I am not a big "What If" person but what is really scary about the whole situation is just think if the people in the White Impala had guns and started flashing them around. This could have turned into a gun battle right in the middle of the street with hundreds of bystanders around to get hurt.

This situation could have been tragic for all concerned.

This is pretty serious stuff and I hope fans and players alike learn from this that it could have been avoided so easily had calmer heads prevailed.

No matter what the truth is about Doom, this is a bad situation and it is a shame that he was involved either directly or indirectly. We will wait for the facts of the investigation but I am pretty disappointed in Doom.

Leave a comment:

• KoolBreeze
    replied
    Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
    There is certainly more to come on this case but I would consider what the cop wrote down to be a better account than what the 911 call was all about. The police report did have the cops going after the Impala only to determine the Impala was the victim. They took the Impala people down at gun point too.

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, nobody wants bad for him. Its just looking at the police report certainly isn't a great account of Doom.
    The cops just wrote down what the parties involved and witnesses told them. They weren't there, same as you and I. Obviously they felt there was enough to arrest/charge them but it will be up to the prosecutor and/or grand jury to decide if there is enough "evidence" to sustain the charge and indict them. But I agree that it does look bad at this point.

Leave a comment:

• jonathanrivers
    replied
    Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    What I don't believe is that out of all the cars stopped and surrounding them in the traffic jam that NO ONE saw anything other than the Greeter at Victoria Secret and the victims.

Where are the other witnesses? Maybe we don't want to know.

I just wish this would not have happened and people would just use their darn brains for once and realize that violence will get you no where. Protecting yourself is one thing but this is just ridiculous and easily preventable.
    I think the whole story has sounded bogus from the get-go.

If the facts and situation were cut and dry, I would probably be disappointed in Doom. But something about this just doesn't seem right...which is why I'm trying to reserve judgement until the investigation is complete.

Leave a comment:

• one_bad_55
    replied
    What I don't believe is that out of all the cars stopped and surrounding them in the traffic jam that NO ONE saw anything other than the Greeter at Victoria Secret and the victims.

Where are the other witnesses? Maybe we don't want to know.

I just wish this would not have happened and people would just use their darn brains for once and realize that violence will get you no where. Protecting yourself is one thing but this is just ridiculous and easily preventable.

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
    No, no, no. You're good, man.

There are just a select few I've seen who have already indicted, convicted and sentenced Dumervil. I just don't think it's right.

I feel Dumervil should have never been in the situation and that it was dumb to put himself there. But I just want to make sure that all the facts come out first.

Exhibit A: The audio recording indicating the person in the Impala had a weapon.

If things go awry and it turns out that he threatened someone's life or what have you, I think he should face the punishment. But none of us are even sure what happened, and I'd like to give OUR GUY (some people forget that this is one of our best players...and it's disturbing that some people almost have a celebratory tone that he's in trouble) the benefit of the doubt.

You're good, bro.
    Alright cool...n yeah, I couldn't agree more with ya

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    The 911 caller sounds like an idiot ...

After hearing that recording I think it really just confirms that there is a lot to figure out here and I think Doom will likely be in the clear
    Last edited by #24 Next Champ; 07-17-2012, 06:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MegaOrange
    replied
    There is certainly more to come on this case but I would consider what the cop wrote down to be a better account than what the 911 call was all about. The police report did have the cops going after the Impala only to determine the Impala was the victim. They took the Impala people down at gun point too.

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, nobody wants bad for him. Its just looking at the police report certainly isn't a great account of Doom.

Leave a comment:

• jonathanrivers
    replied
    Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    I don't think you are, but to be clear you're not referring to me right?

Only reason I thought you might be is the "expertise" part but I never threw Elvis under the bus just simply stated that as a gun owner I know how tricky laws towards guns can be and more specifically state laws for recognition of permits/licenses for a gun owner visiting their state, although I believe Florida encourages gun ownership and rights

Anyhow, just making sure you weren't referring to me because I too said wait till the case plays itself out, that's why we have a judicial system in the first place ...
    No, no, no. You're good, man.

There are just a select few I've seen who have already indicted, convicted and sentenced Dumervil. I just don't think it's right.

I feel Dumervil should have never been in the situation and that it was dumb to put himself there. But I just want to make sure that all the facts come out first.

Exhibit A: The audio recording indicating the person in the Impala had a weapon.

If things go awry and it turns out that he threatened someone's life or what have you, I think he should face the punishment. But none of us are even sure what happened, and I'd like to give OUR GUY (some people forget that this is one of our best players...and it's disturbing that some people almost have a celebratory tone that he's in trouble) the benefit of the doubt.

You're good, bro.

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Originally posted by jonathanrivers
    Oh look. A bunch of morons still wanting to throw our second best defensive player under the jailhouse when the case hasn't even been decided yet.

Some of the folks posting the negative crap aren't even regular posters. People love to come out of the woodwork and offer their "expertise." The people I'm talking about know who they are.

Excuse me while I go throw up.
    I don't think you are, but to be clear you're not referring to me right?

Only reason I thought you might be is the "expertise" part but I never threw Elvis under the bus just simply stated that as a gun owner I know how tricky laws towards guns can be and more specifically state laws for recognition of permits/licenses for a gun owner visiting their state, although I believe Florida encourages gun ownership and rights

Anyhow, just making sure you weren't referring to me because I too said wait till the case plays itself out, that's why we have a judicial system in the first place ...

Leave a comment:

• MH Stampede
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Well if the 911 call implies that it was the "victim" who was actually pointing the gun, suddenly even if Doom did have a gun it could end up being more of a "stand your ground" situation. If nothing else now the testimonies don't line up at all...
    Totally agree.

If it was someone from the impala that was waving the gun, that changes everything about what we knew of the case thus far.

Leave a comment:

• VADER72
    replied
    I think we should look at signing Andre Carter to provide some relief on the issue. Sure he isn't of Doom caliber, but not that bad either. Even if nothing happens this year suspension wide for Elvis, it's coming next year. His mindwont be right all year with this looming over his head. Who would be normal.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
    Same here, and agreed. I just want to make sure I'm not just imagining things.

We can move on now with the topic at hand.

I'm hoping the 911 recordings will help exonerate him. Doesn't sound like he was the center of the action.
    Well if the 911 call implies that it was the "victim" who was actually pointing the gun, suddenly even if Doom did have a gun it could end up being more of a "stand your ground" situation. If nothing else now the testimonies don't line up at all...

Leave a comment:

• jonathanrivers
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'm not calling a single person in this thread racist...but there are a lot of statements that feel very racist in nature... I'm not taking it any further than that...I've got a lot more I want to say but I'm going to bite my tongue to keep this from getting to P&R in nature...
    Same here, and agreed. I just want to make sure I'm not just imagining things.

We can move on now with the topic at hand.

I'm hoping the 911 recordings will help exonerate him. Doesn't sound like he was the center of the action.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X