• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
    I'm with you man.

Methinks this wouldn't be a problem is Dumervil was, say, Chris Kuper or Justin Bannan.

I by no means I'm trying to make this thread political, but I think the general motivation of some of the people posting here has been clear.

I'm not advocating what Dumervil did. But some of the rhetoric has been HIGHLY inflammatory and reeks of racism.

I, for one, will wait until the facts come to light and the case is decided before I throw ANYONE (much less a player for my favorite NFL team) under the bus. It's the right thing to do.
    I'm not calling a single person in this thread racist...but there are a lot of statements that feel very racist in nature... I'm not taking it any further than that...I've got a lot more I want to say but I'm going to bite my tongue too keep this from getting to P&R in nature...

Leave a comment:

• jonathanrivers
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Wait you mean there is more to the story? No way....I thought when people jumped to ridiculous conclusions it's because all the facts were out there....

This is why I've been saying the whole thread don't make judgments based off the fact that he's a black athlete and label him a gansta thug....

*does the responsible thing and waits for the facts to be sorted out by the authorities before passing judgement*
    I'm with you man.

Methinks this wouldn't be a problem if Dumervil was, say, Chris Kuper or Justin Bannan.

I by no means am trying to make this thread political, but I think the general motivation of some of the people posting about this topic has been clear.

I'm not advocating what Dumervil did. But some of the rhetoric has been HIGHLY inflammatory and reeks of racism.

I, for one, will wait until the facts come to light and the case is decided before I throw ANYONE (much less a player for my favorite NFL team) under the bus. It's the right thing to do.

EDIT: Mods, if this is out of line, let me know. But I don't think you can have read this thread and at least not see where my sentiment is coming from.
    Last edited by jonathanrivers; 07-17-2012, 06:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Like I said ... fear.
    Sam no offense but it's already been stated that this discussion belongs in P&R. Lets not get back on that topic again and keep to the topic at hand. Don't make Remedy coat you in maple syrup and feed you to the black bears eh?

Leave a comment:

• Remedy
    replied
    Originally posted by Fan of the MAN View Post
    Funny, alot of folks drawing conclusions basically 'guilty' until proven innocent' for doom around here. Ridiculous
    That is basically the MO around the internet isnt it?

Guilty until proven guilty.... isnt it? even when they are innocent.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    I don't carry a gun on my person everyday, everywhere I go, but I do when I go into what I consider higher-risk areas. However, there is a loaded handgun inside my vehicle at ALL times. And it's not about fear, it's a tool, it's about being prepared. I've never had cause to use a gun in defense of myself or my family and I hope I never do. But make no mistake, I WILL defend either with deadly force if necessary.

---- Adolph Hitler, April 11 1942

---- Rush Limbaugh

And my personal favorite.

---- Thomas Jefferson
    Like I said ... fear.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by SunDevil_Jake View Post
    In the 911 audio, the caller describes the driver of the OTHER car as "with a gun" and "pointing." She says it was the driver of the white Chevy Impala who had a gun and was pointing, NOT the silver Land Rover that Dumervil was driving (which isn't even mentioned in the call).

Click here to listen to the audio from the original 911 call.

I think it is certainly strange that the caller clearly describes the driver of the white Impala as being the one with the gun and pointing. If you listen to her, she doesn't seem to really know what is going on. But when asked by the dispatcher to confirm, she definitely says its the guy in the white Impala three times. Doesn't really change anything but at the very least, this shows it was a confusing situation.
    Wait you mean there is more to the story? No way....I thought when people jumped to ridiculous conclusions it's because all the facts were out there....

This is why I've been saying the whole thread don't make judgments based off the fact that he's a black athlete and label him a gansta thug....

*does the responsible thing and waits for the facts to be sorted out by the authorities before passing judgement*

Leave a comment:

• Fan of the MAN
    replied
    Funny, alot of folks drawing conclusions basically 'guilty' until proven innocent' for doom around here. Ridiculous

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious that he made at least 2 very poor decisions. Getting out of his vehicle, and then lying to the cop about the gun in the glove box.

Beyond that, is uncertain. Not enough hard facts available to ascertain for any of us to know what really happened, no matter what anyone here says.
    Why was he carrying a firearm in the first place? That might be the initial error.

Leave a comment:

• Remedy
    replied
    well that is certainly good to hear.

Non-related but I always found it funny / strange that 911 calls get released to the public.

Leave a comment:

• SunDevil_Jake
    replied
    911 audio describes driver of white Impala "with gun," NOT Dumervil

In the 911 audio, the caller describes the driver of the OTHER car as "with a gun" and "pointing." She says it was the driver of the white Chevy Impala who had a gun and was pointing, NOT the silver Land Rover that Dumervil was driving (which isn't even mentioned in the call).

Click here to listen to the audio from the original 911 call.

I think it is certainly strange that the caller clearly describes the driver of the white Impala as being the one with the gun and pointing. If you listen to her, she doesn't seem to really know what is going on. But when asked by the dispatcher to confirm, she definitely says its the guy in the white Impala three times. Doesn't really change anything but at the very least, this shows it was a confusing situation.
    Last edited by SunDevil_Jake; 07-17-2012, 05:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by dork54 View Post
    It's important to remember.....the felony charges didn't come from some beat cop. This comes from up the chain. The state folks, who are now involved, will make something stick and make a statement. You don't let this kind of behavior go on in a high traffic tourist area like South Beach.
    Are you working the case? otherwise you are just speculating wildly and likely don't know anything more than we do.

Leave a comment:

• dork54
    replied
    It's important to remember.....the felony charges didn't come from some beat cop. This comes from up the chain. The state folks, who are now involved, will make something stick and make a statement. You don't let this kind of behavior go on in a high traffic tourist area like South Beach.

Leave a comment:

• KoolBreeze
    replied
    Originally posted by dork54 View Post
    Lot of us in Florida like Elvis but he can be replaced. We're sick and tired of thug headed jocks thinking they are above the law. South Beach is not where you want to mess with guns. Very bad idea Elvis. They will make you an example of you. You are messing with a billion dollar a year industry.
    I don't know the man personally and wasn't at the scene, but given the parking lot incident in Dove Valley, he does appear to be a little hot-headed. Hot-headness and firearms don't mix well at all. Kind of like oil & water. But to walk up to a car and flash a gun at someone over them cutting you off? That seems like a stretch for him. That's what some thug gang member would do, but an elite NFL player with millions on the line? Man I hope not. It doesn't look good though.

Leave a comment:

• dork54
    replied
    Originally posted by Remedy View Post
    Allegedly. He needs to be found guilty of a crime before he is made example of.

I also am curious who you think we are going to replace Elvis with?
    Never lie to the cops. They throw the book at ya....just to see you squirm.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Remedy View Post
    Allegedly. He needs to be found guilty of a crime before he is made example of.

I also am curious who you think we are going to replace Elvis with?
    with this Elvis?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X