• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
    I know you did.

I was just sharing my opinion.

I don't disagree.
    Sorry about that, didn't mean for it to sound condescending. I was agreeing with you also.

Comment

• Well for our sake we better all hope he's not guilty or we're screwed.

Comment

• Originally posted by luvdacolts67 View Post
        What a stupid thing to do, they need to look for a replacement.
        Have you read any of the rest of this thread...no charges are likely to be filed, besides you don't even know what the stupid thing he supposedly did was...Judging by your screen name your just a Colt fan who came over with manning....nothing to see here, move along!
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by hutch2426 View Post
          Sorry about that, didn't mean for it to sound condescending. I was agreeing with you also.
          Lol good haha. No hard feelings.
          sigpic
          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
            Lol good haha. No hard feelings.
            No, sir. Not a chance. Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
              this is the charge:

A. Aggravated assault with a firearm is an assault committed by the discharge of a firearm.
              Really? I didn't say he was charged, the media did. I'm just quoting from a Florida Gun Law document about where it is NOT permissable to carry a weapon.

Was he charged or wasn't he?

UPDATE: Dumervil's agent, Harvey Steinberg, told ESPN, "No charges have been filed. No aggravated assault or assault took place. And it is likely that once the full investigation is complete, no charges will be filed against Mr. Dumervil."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...avated-assault
              sigpic
              2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by luvdacolts67 View Post
                What a stupid thing to do, they need to look for a replacement.
                Yeah, replace one of the best pass rushers in the NFL, so easy to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by hutch2426 View Post
                  So, because we are on a message board we should leave our moral compass at the door, because you sit behind the cover of a computer screen? That is a pretty funny thought. It's a game, it has absolutely no bearing on your life.
                  Exactly. So what difference does it make to have a guy with questionable moral fiber on the football team you pull for? Absolutely none. Like you said, you're sitting behind a computer screen. So demanding that a player be traded or shipped out is stupid in and of itself.

You may be misinterpreting what I'm saying. Of course if Doom goes to jail he should be shipped out. He should be held accountable for his actions under the code of the law.

But this nonsense about wanting a player shipped out before the case is even decided makes me want to throw up.

Again. This is an NFL message board. I'm not here to judge what people do off the field. Like you said "it has no bearing on [my] life."
                  Last edited by jonathanrivers; 07-15-2012, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• It seems that more harm than good comes from athletes carrying weapons. I realise that in the USA people have the right to carry arms, and there are a lot of whack jobs out there that can do you harm, but when you think of NFL players in recent years in trouble with weapons, when has carrying a gun created a good outcome for any of them?

I think they are in more danger with a gun than without one.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
                      Exactly. So what difference does it make to have a guy with questionable moral fiber on the football team you pull for? Absolutely none. Like you said, you're sitting behind a computer screen. So demanding that a player be traded or shipped out is stupid in and of itself.

You may be misinterpreting what I'm saying. Of course if Doom goes to jail he should be shipped out. He should be held accountable for his actions under the code of the law.

But this nonsense about wanting a player shipped out before the case is even decided makes me want to throw up.

Again. This is an NFL message board. I'm not here to judge what people do off the field. Like you said "it has no bearing on [my] life."
                      There must have been a misunderstanding, I agree with waiting for facts.

Comment

• Everyone is saying no charges were filed.

He is out on BAIL

Bail is granted by a Judge, to ensure attendance in court. Doom has been in front of a judge for charges and released on bail.

Hopefully it ads up to nothing.

784.021 Aggravated assault.—(1) An “aggravated assault” is an assault:
                        (a) With a deadly weapon without intent to kill; or
                        (b) With an intent to commit a felony.
                        (2) Whoever commits an aggravated assault shall be guilty of a felony of the third degree,
                        784.011 Assault.—(1) An “assault” is an intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, and doing some act which creates a well-founded fear in such other person that such violence is imminent.
                        Sounds like maybe harsh (threatening) words exchanged with a gun in hand?
                        or pointing the gun at someone?
                        Last edited by EddieMac; 07-15-2012, 08:43 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Legion509 View Post
                          I am not trying to dump on Doom because hes a bronco, but you people need to do the math, everday theres a pro player doing something, it needs to stop, They get arrested, then its the same usual garbage stuff. He didn't do it. Lets wait. Omg people are you kidding me. Let these people get away with everything don't we.

Also better watch it with Goodell the way he runs things, he may be getting a lot of pressure to really ramp up the penalties. I think we can agree on that. Personally I like watching good defense and MIller and Doom and my favorite May always make for quality time for me. But the fact is this garbage needs to stop.

This is ridiculous.

Newsflash people. This kind of stuff happens all the freaking time. Im sick of the whole "he put himself in that position"

Its ONLY making national headlines BECAUSE he is famous...

Comment

• i made a smack thread about this but in all seriousness, sorry to hear about this and hope he doesn't miss any time for you guys.

never like to see an opponent not at full strength, no matter what the reason.
                            Last edited by baphamet; 07-15-2012, 09:18 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Lol at people talking about "Why is he in Miami!!?"... Are you kidding!?.. Miami > Denver all day every day... Also last time I checked D. Will was killed in DENVER... Never heard of a pro football player killed in Miami...

I just hope he was in the act of defending himself or family... And knowing how Doom thats probably what it was... I hope..

Comment

• Florida is one of the "Stand Your Ground" states where citizens are permitted to use deadly force if they feel threatened; they encourage their citizens to carry firearms.
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                                X