X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sync
    replied
    Originally posted by Moderator View Post
    This all boils down to one fact: Somehow the people in the Impala and the Victoria Secret lady knew Doom had a gun. How could they have known that if he hadn't showed it?
    ... Was my post about the witness statement invisible?

RE: the victims knowing he had a gun, I'm forced to admit it's probably because at least one of them did show it to the other guys. But it's conceivable that it was mentioned (by them, during a verbal confrontation) that they were carrying & the victims jumped on this when the cops showed up. It's also conceivable (although highly improbable) that it was all bad luck on Doom's part and he happened to have a firearm in his car when someone chose to make a false accusation.

Leave a comment:

• moto4669
    replied
    Originally posted by themadfanatic View Post
    Who exactly are "these guys"?
    Denver Broncos

Leave a comment:

• flyoverstates
    replied
    No, people are just reading the police report. The police report said that Doom pulled a gun. That's 3rd degree assault no matter how you try to spin it. Some more info may come out to prove Doom is innocent, but from the facts we've been given, Doom did commit a crime.
    Maybe you should be careful with what you mean by facts. It is very clear from the police report that it was heavily slanted towards the "victims". We didn't get to hear Doom's side of the story at all.

Now, that is acceptable, since it were the "victims" who made the report. But it also means that the only people who said they saw Doom carrying a firearm were the very people he was quarreling with.

Originally posted by sSync View Post
    To be fair, the police report doesn't specify whether the witness reported anything specifically to do with firearms, just that the statement they got from her "concurred" with that of the victim. As far as I'm aware this might simply mean they were witnessed to be standing outside their vehicles at the same time that the victims allege Doom and his friend walked over and flashed the guns.
    yeah this ^

The police report was unsatisfactory in that they didn't mention whether they did a body search and found any guns on Doom. But I am going to assume that they did that anyway, unless they were seriously incompetent.

Of course, I will be rooting for Doom until it is proven in court that he DID flash a gun, and then all bets are off.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    I tell you what, the powers that be need to come raid this thread because apparently we have some top flight detectives. They weren't even remotely close or have even seen the a. suspects b. victims c. any of the evidence, and they've already cracked the case!

Yeah, but in their defense, they did see an episode of Law & Order and CSI with kind of the same scenario. So, of course they know everything about the case. Or maybe they stayed at a Holiday Inn.

Leave a comment:

• themadfanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by moto4669 View Post
    Dude these guys have been in trouble way to much to give them passes these days..
    Who exactly are "these guys"?

Leave a comment:

replied
    This all boils down to one fact: Somehow the people in the Impala and the Victoria Secret lady knew Doom had a gun. How could they have known that if he hadn't showed it?

Leave a comment:

• CinnaMunMun
    replied
    Originally posted by sSync View Post
    I think you're under the impression that Doom and his friend with the second gun were riding in the same vehicle.
    Correct sir.

From the police report, Doom was driving a range rover, his buddy had a Mercedes, and the victim had a chevy.

Doom also stated there was no gun in his car which the police found was not true.

Leave a comment:

• Sync
    replied
    Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
    Only one was found in the car Doom was driving. The other was in another car. You can't charge him for a gun being in another car unless you have prove of him stashing it.
    I think you're under the impression that Doom and his friend with the second gun were riding in the same vehicle.

Leave a comment:

• champ&dreallday
    replied
    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post

This is the funniest post I've saw on this site

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    Apparently, you didn't read the police report either

It says absolutely NOTHING about Elvis Dumervil pulling a gun.

The only thing he did wrong was get out of his Land Rover and lift his shirt, but there was no gun found on Dumervil. It was in the glove compartment of the Land Rover. Good day, sir.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...rvilarrest.pdf
    I didn't mean literally pull a gun. He showed them the gun which is still illegal.
    Florida Criminal law

Florida criminal law - the law of assault & battery. NOTE: Domestic Violence often involves a charge of Aggravated Assault (Domestic Violence), Assault (Domestic Violence), Aggravated Battery (Domestic Violence) or Battery (Domestic Violence) - here is a sample of the actual statutes:

784.011 Assault.--

(1) An "assault" is an intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, and doing some act which creates a well-founded fear in such other person that such violence is imminent.

Leave a comment:

• champ&dreallday
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    There were two guns found, one in the glove box and one behind a seat.
    Only one was found in the car Doom was driving. The other was in another car. You can't charge him for a gun being in another car unless you have prove of him stashing it.

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    No, people are just reading the police report. The police report said that Doom pulled a gun. That's 3rd degree assault no matter how you try to spin it. Some more info may come out to prove Doom is innocent, but from the facts we've been given, Doom did commit a crime.
    Apparently, you didn't read the police report either

It says absolutely NOTHING about Elvis Dumervil pulling a gun.

The only thing he did wrong was get out of his Land Rover and lift his shirt, but there was no gun found on Dumervil. It was in the glove compartment of the Land Rover. Good day, sir.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...rvilarrest.pdf

Leave a comment:

• Sync
    replied
    How did she know he had a gun then? Just an extremely wild guess?
    To be fair, the police report doesn't specify whether the witness reported anything specifically to do with firearms, just that the statement they got from her "concurred" with that of the victim. As far as I'm aware this might simply mean they were witnessed to be standing outside their vehicles at the same time that the victims allege Doom and his friend walked over and flashed the guns.

Leave a comment:

• moto4669
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    What reason do you have for carrying a firearm?
    Self Defense, Protection......And I don't have a license yet so I dont carry one with me at the moment. I have friends that do and I see nothing wrong with it. In the state of OH you can get a concealed carrying license which makes it legal. I don't remember if its been said that Doom had a license or not...
    Last edited by moto4669; 07-17-2012, 10:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chitown
    replied
    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Frankly I don't think there will be a suspension or any charges against Elvis.
    Charges have already been filed. He was arrested at gun point.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X