This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SammyWinder View Post
    Lol at people talking about "Why is he in Miami!!?"... Are you kidding!?.. Miami > Denver all day every day... Also last time I checked D. Will was killed in DENVER... Never heard of a pro football player killed in Miami...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Taylor

Comment

• How can they say that no charges were filed? He was arrested and bond was set. I don't pretend to be a lawyer, but I know that they can not hold you without filling charges. They also can not set a bond unless there is something to set a bond for.

The fact that it is only a $7,500 bond (which is very low) tells me that it is not as serious as it sounds. Most likely nothing will come of it, or at the most it will be reduced down to simple assault, which is not serious at all. Chances are he wont get any jail time out of it, maybe a years unsupervised probation. It's not like he is a bad egg, as this is the first time I've heard of him getting into any real trouble. Pretty much everybody gets into some kind of trouble at least once in there life. For now I would just wait and see what comes of this before passing any kind of judgement. We have not even heard Dumervil's side of the story yet.
      sigpic

Comment

• lol SammyWinder, Sean Taylor was killed there just 5 years ago... An Eagle Jerome McDougle survived a shooting/robbery in Miami... I don't care to look up all the NFL players shot/stabbed/killed etc in Miami but it is a heck of a lot

Comment

• Well, I had a lot of fun waking up to & reading this thread. All I've taken away from 16 pages is that nobody really knows what happened (but it sounds like jack all) and that raiderjoe has suddenly learned how to spell.
          sigpic
          - ★ -
          2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

• ooh mmmy goooood!!!!! release him right now! /sarcasm

Comment

• Elvis is from Miami....

Secondly, I'm not gonna read through the whole thread, so I'll ask, 'does anyone know the real story?' If he gets suspended for this it shouldn't be more than a couple of games.
              sigpic
              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                Elvis is from Miami....

Secondly, I'm not gonna read through the whole thread, so I'll ask, 'does anyone know the real story?' If he gets suspended for this it shouldn't be more than a couple of games.
                Not so much no, it's been a whole bunch of "what an idiot...Cut him....waaaaa" going on in here. He was released and is out on $7500 bond (which is very low obviously) aparently it was a traffic incident, it happened during the day and was not night club related and his lawyer acts like nothing happend.

I think that pretty much sums up the entire thread in one post.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by sSync View Post
                  Well, I had a lot of fun waking up to & reading this thread. All I've taken away from 16 pages is that nobody really knows what happened (but it sounds like jack all) and that raiderjoe has suddenly learned how to spell.
                  Of course he can spell....We aren't in the smack talk forum so his spelling is just fine.
                  sigpic

Comment

• NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
                    Miami police confirmed Dumervil was in fact charged with felony aggravated assault with a firearm, not just arrested.
                    Expand
                    Reply Retweet Favorite

Comment

• gregg rosenthal ‏@greggrosenthal
                      Police report indicates he lifted up shirt to show gun. RT @NFL_ATL: Dumervil alleged to display firearm during traffic dispute.

Comment

• Police: Road rage incident led to Elvis Dumervil's arrest in Miami
                        POSTED: 07/16/2012 08:01:47 AM MDT
                        UPDATED: 07/16/2012 08:05:49 AM MDTBy Mike Klis
                        The Denver Post

Elvis Dumervil. (Provided by Miami Beach Police)
                        A road rage incident in the South Beach area of Miami Beach, Fla. precipitated the arrest of Broncos defensive end Elvis Dumervil on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon, according to the Miami Beach police report.

The incident, which occurred about 5 p.m. EDT Saturday on Collins Ave. — which is one block off the famous Ocean Drive strip, alleges Dumervil and his friend Andy Auguste each left Dumervil's Land Rover, approached the occupants in the white Impala ahead of them, and lifted their shirts, each displaying a gun.

According to the incident report, Dumervil was driving his Land Rover and following a gray Mercedes when the White Impala merged in between them. An argument ensued with horn blowing, verbal threats

Andy Aguste. (Provided by Miami Beach Police)
                        and name calling, according to the report.
                        The accusers in the White Impala stated that Dumervil and Auguste approached them and displayed their firearms as traffic was at a standstill. An employee at Victoria's Secret witnessed the incident and phoned the police. According the police report, much of her statement concurred with the victim's statements, although the witness added the passenger victim got out of the white Impala and yelled back at the occupants in Dumervil's Land Rover. The Victoria's Secret employee further stated that during the argument the driver of the White Impala threw an unknown object that struck Dumervil's Lange Rover.

Dumervil and his vehicle were still stopped in traffic when police arrived. He was ordered out of the car at gunpoint and was placed in handcuffs. The officer on the scene asked Dumervil "if there was a gun in his car and he stated no." The officer then found a gun in the vehicle's glove compartment. Dumervil was taken to jail and his Land Rover was towed. Auguste was also arrested on the same charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, a third-degree felony.

Dumervil, 28, was released after posting his $7,500 bail. His agent Marty Magid indicated the charges would be dismissed once the investigation is completed. His attorney, Denver-based Harvey Steinberg, did not want to make any more comment until the investigation is completed.

Dumervil is a two-time Pro Bowler who led the NFL with 17 sacks in 2009.

Mike Klis: 303-954-1055, [email protected] or twitter.com/mikeklis

Read more: Police: Road rage incident led to Elvis Dumervil's arrest in Miami - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...#ixzz20nKKeDWd

Comment

• Alright, so he didn't attack anyone and he never pulled the gun out. That's a good start. Looks like his main problem was lying to the police about the gun in the glove department.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peyton&Eli_fan View Post
                            Police: Road rage incident led to Elvis Dumervil's arrest in Miami
                            POSTED: 07/16/2012 08:01:47 AM MDT
                            UPDATED: 07/16/2012 08:05:49 AM MDTBy Mike Klis
                            The Denver Post

Elvis Dumervil. (Provided by Miami Beach Police)
                            A road rage incident in the South Beach area of Miami Beach, Fla. precipitated the arrest of Broncos defensive end Elvis Dumervil on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon, according to the Miami Beach police report.

The incident, which occurred about 5 p.m. EDT Saturday on Collins Ave. — which is one block off the famous Ocean Drive strip, alleges Dumervil and his friend Andy Auguste each left Dumervil's Land Rover, approached the occupants in the white Impala ahead of them, and lifted their shirts, each displaying a gun.

According to the incident report, Dumervil was driving his Land Rover and following a gray Mercedes when the White Impala merged in between them. An argument ensued with horn blowing, verbal threats

Andy Aguste. (Provided by Miami Beach Police)
                            and name calling, according to the report.
                            The accusers in the White Impala stated that Dumervil and Auguste approached them and displayed their firearms as traffic was at a standstill. An employee at Victoria's Secret witnessed the incident and phoned the police. According the police report, much of her statement concurred with the victim's statements, although the witness added the passenger victim got out of the white Impala and yelled back at the occupants in Dumervil's Land Rover. The Victoria's Secret employee further stated that during the argument the driver of the White Impala threw an unknown object that struck Dumervil's Lange Rover.

Dumervil and his vehicle were still stopped in traffic when police arrived. He was ordered out of the car at gunpoint and was placed in handcuffs. The officer on the scene asked Dumervil "if there was a gun in his car and he stated no." The officer then found a gun in the vehicle's glove compartment. Dumervil was taken to jail and his Land Rover was towed. Auguste was also arrested on the same charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, a third-degree felony.

Dumervil, 28, was released after posting his $7,500 bail. His agent Marty Magid indicated the charges would be dismissed once the investigation is completed. His attorney, Denver-based Harvey Steinberg, did not want to make any more comment until the investigation is completed.

Dumervil is a two-time Pro Bowler who led the NFL with 17 sacks in 2009.

Mike Klis: 303-954-1055, [email protected] or twitter.com/mikeklis

Read more: Police: Road rage incident led to Elvis Dumervil's arrest in Miami - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...#ixzz20nKKeDWd

If this is true, then things are not looking good for Dumervil.

On an unrelated note, I find it hilarious that the Denver Post felt that it was necessary to state that the witness works at Victoria Secret

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post

If this is true, then things are not looking good for Dumervil.

On an unrelated note, I find it hilarious that the Denver Post felt that it was necessary to state that the witness works at Victoria Secret
                              It's not thaaat bad, Doom at least didn't hurt anybody. He'll get off with probation. Probably.

Comment

• Originally posted by Orange Pants View Post
                                It's not thaaat bad, Doom at least didn't hurt anybody. He'll get off with probation. Probably.
                                But, how will he do with Goddell?

Comment

Working...
                                X