X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chitown
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Really? People are thinking he's going to get suspended over something that has not even been investigated. The investigation has to prove that he "brandished" his gun. They're not going to say "Okay, welp, I guess two people might've saw you do it....". He's not even listed as the primary.

I say he gets no suspension time and no charges are filed
    What does primary mean? I was just reading his arrest report and I don't see what it means. Does it mean he didn't commit the worst crime of the day?

They didn't say, Okay, welp, I guess two people might've saw you do it... They said two people did see him brandish a gun and later found one in the car he was driving. After he lied about one being in it. That is why he was arrested and charged.

I'm laughing about the sources that say he didn't have a gun on him as well. I read the full articles where they are getting this. "Two sources close to Dumervil say he didn't have a gun on him." Let me take a wild guess on who those two sources are. Agent and lawyer. Seriously though. Who are you going to believe, two sources close to Dumervil as stated in the Denver Post or the actual police report.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSexyDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Dirty Bird View Post
    Still waiting to see what Godfather Goodell has to say about this. Hopefully it's only a two game suspension
    Hopefully its not,we play Atlanta the second game of the season

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
    This seems like a very bad situation and appears to be VERY stupid on the part of Doom, however...I think he walks from this. Witnesses say Doom and Aguste lifted their shirts and flashed guns, however only one gun was found in the glove box. Doom claims it wasn't his car and he didn't know there was a gun in the car. 9 times out of 10 in these situations someone takes the wrap other than the celebrity. Not saying it's a walk in the park, but if he has a decent lawyer and a somewhat close friend in Aguste, it's no way this gets placed on Doom. Adam Schefter has claimed, if Doom not found guilty for claiming the gun, he wont be suspended.
    There were two guns found, one in the glove box and one behind a seat.

Leave a comment:

• champ&dreallday
    replied
    This seems like a very bad situation and appears to be VERY stupid on the part of Doom, however...I think he walks from this. Witnesses say Doom and Aguste lifted their shirts and flashed guns, however only one gun was found in the glove box. Doom claims it wasn't his car and he didn't know there was a gun in the car. 9 times out of 10 in these situations someone takes the wrap other than the celebrity. Not saying it's a walk in the park, but if he has a decent lawyer and a somewhat close friend in Aguste, it's no way this gets placed on Doom. Adam Schefter has claimed, if Doom not found guilty for claiming the gun, he wont be suspended.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    Seems obvious most people posting STILL have not read the police report that is available on the Denver Post with multiple links all in this thread. Could correct quite a few assumptions from the past three pages if people just read the police reports.

People are strectching the facts in order to get Doom away from a Suspension but it seems to me if you read the police reports it is pretty obvious Doom is going to need an All Pro effort from a Lawyer to avoid a suspension of some kind.

A 2 game suspension seems obvious, looking over the police report a 6 game suspension seems likely.
    Really? People are thinking he's going to get suspended over something that has not even been investigated. The investigation has to prove that he "brandished" his gun. They're not going to say "Okay, welp, I guess two people might've saw you do it....". He's not even listed as the primary.

I say he gets no suspension time and no charges are filed.

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    You have much fear. It does not bode well for our country to have fearful, armed citizens packing guns.
    http://www.kc3.com/self_defense/officers_peril.htm

If you're a responsible gun owner and are licensed to do so , then I encourage you to carry a weapon.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    That was definitely not the smartest thing Elvis could have done last Saturday afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• moto4669
    replied
    There is nothing wrong with carring a gun. As long you have a License for it and you are responsible with it.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Legion509 View Post
    I like your post but a lot is biased and false.

Your comment about no need for firearms on your person or in your car if you are engaged in honest activity? Okay what about the bad guys that are there to cause harm in this honest activity? There are so many more cases where a gun could have saved a life its unreal.

Last year at Hoopfest people got shot during a game. Hoopfest is a 3v3 city basketball tournament one of, if not the largest one in the nation. Had I been armed that day, some people could have been saved or uninjured, sadly I was not.

Cops come after the crime not during it. Make sure you tell the bad guy to wait for the cops before you shoot me.
    You have much fear. It does not bode well for our country to have fearful, armed citizens packing guns.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanNC
    replied
    I'd say 4-6 games, appealed down to 2-4.

Best case no charges and they see it as a first time incident and he gets off with nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Seems obvious most people posting STILL have not read the police report that is available on the Denver Post with multiple links all in this thread. Could correct quite a few assumptions from the past three pages if people just read the police reports.

People are strectching the facts in order to get Doom away from a Suspension but it seems to me if you read the police reports it is pretty obvious Doom is going to need an All Pro effort from a Lawyer to avoid a suspension of some kind.

A 2 game suspension seems obvious, looking over the police report a 6 game suspension seems likely.
    Last edited by Hadez; 07-17-2012, 05:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty Bird
    replied
    Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    Lol..

Unfortunately I can see Goodell really not liking this...I wouldn't
    The less media coverage the better off Elvis will be. Also, (correct me if i'm wrong) but I don't think Elvis has a track record of bad behavior unlike Aqib Talib or Dez Bryant. With that being said I wouldn't worry too much about the Godfather disciplining Elvis.

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Originally posted by Dirty Bird View Post
    Still waiting to see what Godfather Goodell has to say about this. Hopefully it's only a two game suspension
    Lol..

Unfortunately I can see Goodell really not liking this...I wouldn't

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Originally posted by sSync View Post
    Correct. One in Doom's car, one in his friend's car.

*edit* I'm just re-reading the report now and it really does sound like the victims in this case were being rather obnoxious before Elvis and his friend did something undeniably stupid to get them to shut up and go away. Who the heck gets out of their car and starts throwing stuff?
    Idiots but Doom really needs to be smarter, as a gun owner you have to truly understand how serious what you carry/have is and how serious the laws that come with it are...

Every gun owner should take a quick weekend class in Firearms 1 at a local college (AJS151 I believe) which is actually a fun class...anyhow they give you a packet with every hypothetical circumstance and the likely outcome (judicially) as well as every states' recognition of your gun permits/licenses ...

Anyhow he doesn't even need that, I'm just saying that's what every gun owner should do... common sense should've been enough here ...(if he even did pull a gun) c'mon Doom, gotta be smart n know who you shouldn't hang out with either way...

Pulling/showing guns over a traffic dispute is so dumb (talking about WHOEVER showed their gun to be clear)
    Last edited by #24 Next Champ; 07-17-2012, 06:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty Bird
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BeavisBronco
    replied
    What's disappointing to me is this - I am EXTREMELY excited for this upcoming season due to the potential this team has. I have been really looking forward to seeing how the defense clicks, how Manning runs the offense, how the rookies perform, etc.. This just throws a big nasty wrench right into the gears of what has been a really excellent offseason. It's literally a big blow to what should be an amazing season in terms of excitement level. Maybe Doom will get off without any charges, maybe this will all just blow over, but I can tell you right now it has seriously deflated my balloon for the upcoming season. If this was a scrub - ok, manageable, but an important piece of the team, one who should be a leader and an example both on and off the field? This hurts. Let's really pray that it can all be dealt with and he doesn't lose any playing time and this doesn't become a distraction throughout the season.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X