This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
    Both times were not violence related offenses. In 2010, he was arrested for disturbing the peace and assault. Assault is simply a threat. It's not violence per se.

But hey. Don't let me get in the way of you being the gatekeeper to Broncos organization morality.
    Assault and threats aren't violence? What???

And I've never understood why people go to such great lengths to defend criminal scumbags just because they happen to play for the sports teams they follow. When I root for the Broncos, I'm first and foremost rooting for the City of Denver. I want to be proud of my city and the people who represent it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

Seriously though, witnesses say the people in the white impala were yelling and throwing stuff.
      And that gives one license to leave the safety of his vehicle, approach the yellers and throwers, and threaten them with a gun?

Imagine if this case made it to Judge Judy. Dumervil wouldn't know what hit him.

Comment

• http://www.richardhornsby.com/crimes...d-assault.html

"Weapon. However the allegation that the "deadly weapon" was a firearm triggers a three (3) year minimum-mandatory prison sentence if convicted as charged."
        <"law and order" sound here>

That's ok. Let's see how our team deals with this. You don't replace a DOOM, but I'm sure Elway and Fox will come up with something.

Comment

• Originally posted by ramanboy33 View Post
          Assault and threats aren't violence? What???

And I've never understood why people go to such great lengths to defend criminal scumbags just because they happen to play for the sports teams they follow. When I root for the Broncos, I'm first and foremost rooting for the City of Denver. I want to be proud of my city and the people who represent it.
          Really? I've never understood why people want to tar, feather and chastise someone when they haven't even been convicted of a crime yet. I guess you know how I feel.

All I'm saying is that you need to wait until the facts come to light and the case is decided before you pass judgement on anyone.

I don't know what world you live in. But all people who get into altercations and get arrested aren't bad people. I know that's a crazy concept...but you're naive as hell if you think otherwise.

And yeah, I don't live in Denver...and I've never really bought into the notion that a sports team "represents a city." Most of the money and exposure for an NFL teams comes from national memorabilia and television contracts.

Comment

And that gives one license to leave the safety of his vehicle, approach the yellers and throwers, and threaten them with a gun?

Imagine if this case made it to Judge Judy. Dumervil wouldn't know what hit him.
            Did you really just reference Judge Judy to an actual law related incident that matters? If you had any credibility in this conversation I think you just might have lost it.

Dumervil likely made a very poor choice of judgement, but that doesn't make him a scumbag.

Comment

Now I know what the problem is. We're talking to someone who uses Judge Judy as a reference. It's the equivalent of pro wrestling. Talk about high-culture.

For the record, Judge Judy is for staged (fake) civil disputes. Not criminal ones. So yeah, you're right. Dumervil wouldn't know what hit him because he would never be on a fake, small claims court TV show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                Did you really just reference Judge Judy to an actual law related incident that matters? If you had any credibility in this conversation I think you just might have lost it.
                I had to reread what he wrote several times to make sure I was reading it right.

Comment

• Judge Judy

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

• "Judge Judy"

:thumb:

Comment

• LMAO Judge Judy, this guy, smh.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
                        Now I know what the problem is. We're talking to someone who uses Judge Judy as a reference. It's the equivalent of pro wrestling. Talk about high-culture.

For the record, Judge Judy is for staged (fake) civil disputes. Not criminal ones. So yeah, you're right. Dumervil wouldn't know what hit him because he would never be on a fake, small claims court TV show.
                        An NFL player escalates a traffic conflict by pulling a gun, and you don't think it will result in a civil suit?

And I clearly was talking tongue-in-cheek. The civil suit in this case will be many, many times over any small-claims court limit.

Comment

• Is it ever ok to show your gun? I mean say that they where saying I'm going kick your butt or going shoot u, you can't show your gun to say no u r not.
                          I mean if he pulled the gun out or pointed it at the person then I agree that's taking it way to far.
                          I don't own a gun or really know the gun laws.

As Long as its registered and you have a perment to carry it what can legally even do with it?
                          You prob get in trouble for saying hey if u keep on or attack me I have a gun on me FYI
                          Last edited by jlhawkins9; 07-16-2012, 08:45 AM. Reason: Didn't finish

Comment

An NFL player escalates a traffic conflict by pulling a gun, and you don't think it will result in a civil suit?

And I clearly was talking tongue-in-cheek. The civil suit in this case will be many, many times over any small-claims court limit.
                            That was my point exactly, dude. Don't try and recover now. You literally just brought Judge freaking Judy into this conversation.

I'm done answering rhetorical questions. You can continue to talk crap about Dumervil before the case is decided.

But I, for one, and going to wait until Judge Judy makes her decision .

Comment

• Originally posted by jlhawkins9 View Post
                              Is it ever ok to show your gun?
                              Well, there's a reason it's a felony.

Comment

I don't mean to weigh in on either side of this, but from the way you're talking I'm forced to assume you were actually present at the incident? If we find out that Doom is actually guilty of pulling a firearm on someone for no good reason then I doubt you'll find anyone on here defending his actions, no matter how much they want this team to win football games.
                                sigpic
                                - ★ -
                                2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Working...
                                X