X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Originally posted by Remedy View Post
    two guns were found one in the glove box and one behind the seat I do believe.
    Good lookin out Remedy...

Leave a comment:

• KentuckyFan
    replied
    Even though I am from KY and I love this guy to death, this really gets under my skin ...

Leave a comment:

• Sync
    replied
    Originally posted by Remedy View Post
    Correct. One in Doom's car, one in his friend's car.

*edit* I'm just re-reading the report now and it really does sound like the victims in this case were being rather obnoxious before Elvis and his friend did something undeniably stupid to get them to shut up and go away. Who the heck gets out of their car and starts throwing stuff?
    Last edited by Sync; 07-16-2012, 10:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Remedy
    replied
    Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    How many guns were found?

If there's just one gun how could both him and his friend flash a gun?

That's huge

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    How many guns were found?

If there's just one gun how could both him and his friend flash a gun?

That's huge

Leave a comment:

• sb306
    replied
    Hes screwed. What an idiot. Ive been cut off many times and never had it escalate like he did. And I have way less to lose than Dumervil. It stories like this that sometimes show you how people really are when they are off the field. Very disappointing.

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    This is a discussion of Doom and his situation. It is not a discussion of what is or is not legal. Please go back on topic or this one is getting closed.

Thank you.
    Last edited by ebsoria; 07-16-2012, 09:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MH Stampede
    replied
    Originally posted by ramanboy33 View Post
    Nobody's pretending the "victims" didn't have anything to do with the incident. The whole thing seemingly started with some idiot women cutting Dumervil off. Horns then blared, insults were hurled - I'd bet dollars to donuts her husband was mouthing off big time to Dumervil and his buddies. I have little doubt the Victoria Secret witness is correct when she says the women threw something at Dumervil's car.

This here is pure speculation on my part, but she probably threw some handy piece of trash (a McDonald's cup or something). But I don't care if she threw a car seat with her kid in it causing a huge dent to Dumervil's Range Rover. That is no legal or moral justification to then get out of your car, advance upon her, and threaten her with a brandished gun. That's not the prevention of an assault or defense of property - it's an assault against her.

How far do you see his "rights" in that regard extending? After brandishing his gun, could he have drawn it and shot her through her car window?
    Where did I say he was within his rights in pulling his gun?

If you are going to argue a point, at least be honest enough not to just make things up.

Leave a comment:

• MH Stampede
    replied
    Originally posted by DaFace View Post
    We're getting into semantics here, but assault has to do with a threat - not physical contact. You can't assault an inanimate object.
    Umm, someone just posted above the specifics on the stand your ground law, and it includes being inside one's own vehicle.

Care to rethink your position?

Leave a comment:

• MH Stampede
    replied
    Originally posted by DaFace View Post
    From a legal standpoint, that is 100% correct. I would go to jail. You would go home.

In that case, your best course of action is to press charges for vandalism - not to pull out a gun.
    So yo honestly believe that deliberate and intentional damage to private property is irrelevant?

Seriously?

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanNC
    replied
    Didn't one also say, he was waving, and the other said just a flash from lifting his shirt?

Leave a comment:

• one5beast
    replied
    wait so the accusers say that they were approached with firearms but when Elvis was searched it was in the glove compartment......

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    This is just stupid. Stupid wannabe thugs doing stupid things.

Leave a comment:

• THEdraftnik
    replied
    Originally posted by muse View Post
    C'mon, threatening someone's life for a dickish but non-lethal aggravation is in no way a proportional response. Are you saying that that person's life is worth less than your precious Land Rover? Really?
    Dude my car has been egged 3 times in the last month. If I caught the people red handed, I would not be in my right mind. Not saying I would pull out a gun, I don't even like having the temptation of owning one. But yes I would get out of my car and yes I would defend myself. It is covered under the law to defend myself and I would excersize that right.

Leave a comment:

• jonathanrivers
    replied
    Originally posted by lilherb View Post
    I'm curious how the Victorias Secret worker was able to spot both the suspects flashing firearms with one on each side of the car on a packed Miami beach street. Also, I find it hard to believe that they'd flash their weapons for any longer than a few seconds at most.

Also, the Victoria's Secret is on the left side of the street, if Dumervil did indeed approach the driver, he'd have his back to the worker, making it difficult to see a weapon tucked into his waist band in front of him
    ^^^This guy. This guy's a Wyoming lawyer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X