Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasn't there also a part wherin the person in the other car threw something at dooms vehicle ... is that not regarded as assault as well? I think we will have to wait until more information is made available before I make any judgements.

Comment

• Remember, this took place in Florida where they have strong "Stand Your Ground" laws to protect people who act when they feel threatened (Trayvon Martin / George Zimmerman). Dumervil should count himself very lucky that the guys (and women) he approached and then threatened with a gun in the Impala weren't packing and decided to "Stand Their Ground" against him.
      Last edited by ramanboy33; 07-16-2012, 09:26 AM. Reason: added "and women"

Comment

• Originally posted by NachoJuice View Post
        Wasn't there also a part wherin the person in the other car threw something at dooms vehicle ... is that not regarded as assault as well? I think we will have to wait until more information is made available before I make any judgements.
        Vandalism perhaps.

Comment

• Personally, I'd prefer Judge Wapner over Judge Judy if the case was taken to TV court.

I'll be honest, the reason why is I want to see Doug Lewellyn's epic hair.

And remember, don't take the law into your own hands.

YOU TAKE THEM TO COURT.

Comment

• Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
            "Judge Judy"

:thumb:

Comment

• Dumervile isn't even listed as the primary suspect on the incident report. All witness say he didn't say anything. They have to PROVE that he lifted his shirt and exposed a firearm. Its their word against his. The people in the white impala also exited the vehicle, yelled at some people and started throwing stuff.
              The LEO's report says "I asked if there was a gun in the car to which he answered no, I then later searched the vehicle for inventory purposes..."

This case is going no where. The charges will be dropped after the investigation.

HMMMMMMM

Go Broncos! Hope its a career year for Dumervil!
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                Dumervile isn't even listed as the primary suspect on the incident report. All witness say he didn't say anything. They have to PROVE that he lifted his shirt and exposed a firearm. Its their word against his. The people in the white impala also exited the vehicle, yelled at some people and started throwing stuff.
                The LEO's report says "I asked if there was a gun in the car to which he answered no, I then later searched the vehicle for inventory purposes..."

This case is going no where. The charges will be dropped after the investigation.

HMMMMMMM

So as long as you don't say anything, during an traffic altercation it's okay to approach a women in a car and show her your concealed gun?

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                  Dumervile isn't even listed as the primary suspect on the incident report. All witness say he didn't say anything. They have to PROVE that he lifted his shirt and exposed a firearm. Its their word against his. The people in the white impala also exited the vehicle, yelled at some people and started throwing stuff.

HMMMMMMM

where did you read all this? I would be curious to read the report as well
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by ramanboy33 View Post
                    So as long as you don't say anything, during an traffic altercation it's okay to approach a women in a car and show her your concealed gun?
                    Rhetorical response #36.

Why don't you state your case? Instead of passively aggressively questioning our presumption of Elvis' innocence (you know, the whole innocent until proven guilty thing) ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                      where did you read all this? I would be curious to read the report as well
                      Google saves lives.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...t-miami/14278/

Comment

• Doom will chock this one up as a learning experience. The league at most should place him on probation to show they don't tolerate this from their athletes

Comment

• At the very bottom of that police report it says Dumervil also lied to the cop and said there was no gun in the car. The cop found the gun. You don't lie if you weren't doing something you shouldn't have been doing. My guess is this will all blow over legally but Goddell might take action. Big Ben never was convicted of anything and he got suspended. This a second instance of Doom showing poor judgement in a similar manner.

If someone threw something at his car and he felt threatened he should have called the cops and stayed in his car. He certainly wasn't attempting to resolve the situation by getting out of his car to show his gun. He'd gone from protecting himself to trying to intimidate, that's not a victim.
                          Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

• Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
                            If someone threw something at his car and he felt threatened he should have called the cops and stayed in his car. He certainly wasn't attempting to resolve the situation by getting out of his car to show his gun. He'd gone from protecting himself to trying to intimidate, that's not a victim.
                            Haha. The notion of Dumervil feeling threatened because a 32 year old women threw something at his car is pretty funny.

And you're right. There is no excuse for getting out of the car, approaching another car, and threatening somebody with a gun.

Comment

• So from reading the report I get this, help me if anyone finds different as the multiple pages make it hard to make a timeline. Also keep in mind this is accoring to the multiple reports so try to not assume anything to change something. Help me if I did the same.

Doom was driving a Range Rover following a Mercedes.

The wife (Vic 1) was driving a Impala and merged between the Mercedes and Rover

Horns blew (sounds like all thre cars) and insults were exchanged (sounds like all three cars)

Someone in the Impala got out of the car and yelled, also someone in the Impala threw something at the Rover. Not sure but it seems like Vic 1 did both the getting out of car and throwing object.

Passenger got out of the Mercedes, walked up to the Impala, lifted up shirt to expose gun. At some point Vic 1 got back into car...unclear as to when.

Doom was driving and got out of Rover and also lifted up shirt to exposed a gun.

Vic 1 was afraid and tried to get away in car.

Police show up and arrest Doom at gun point.

Police ask if Doom had any guns in car. he said no

Police search Mercedes and found 1 gun behind drivers seat on the floor and 1 gun in glove box of the Rover

witness from buisness on street by incident statement of facts concurred with that of the victim

edited - changed Dooms vehicle to a Range Rover, also showed the defendant to come from the Mercedes not the Rover, also showed where each gun came from. Included part about witness backing victims statement
                              Last edited by Hadez; 07-16-2012, 10:57 AM.
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• All I can say is if I ever get arrested for anything I hope to god Raman isn't on the jury because there is no way in hell he'll look at anything objectively...*Label the man scum, arrest him and move along*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X