X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanDB
    replied
    I would suggest we wait until we hear the exact details of what happened.

Plus I would try to look at this case as if it was an ordinary citizen that we do not know. Sometimes we can get biased if it's our guy......or conversely, sometimes we want to throw the book at folks we do not like.

Facts please.

But it may be another bad day (for me and other Winnipeg Jet fans) because it is reported that our goalie got into a collision while being under the influence (heard he was at .2 blood alcohol level). If true, it may lead to some discipline, which would be warranted. Luckily no one appears to have been injured. But still!!!

Our high paid, in the media jocks have to be careful, and smart. I hope Doom's situation works out for the best. Same with our goalie. Without having access to all the facts, I will not assume anything. But it does make you nervous.

Leave a comment:

• hutch2426
    replied
    Originally posted by Yakka27 View Post
    The weapon was fired with burress, that makes it completely different.
    I posted to use the example of how the D.A. chose to nail h to wall.

Leave a comment:

• hutch2426
    replied
    Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
    Plaxico discharged his firearm in a nightclub didn't he (though he shot himself, it could have been someone else)? That's a tad more dangerous than pulling your shirt up.

But you're right...I'm hoping for the best.
    Yeah, more dangerous just used the example of what a city or state may do to a high visible person to set an example. Hopefully, again this is not the case.

Leave a comment:

• Yakka27
    replied
    Originally posted by hutch2426 View Post
    I do not know about that Jonathan. Depends if they want to try and make an example of him. Crappy example but they made an example of Burress. Not exactly the same and he shot himself.

On a better note I hope when the facts come through it was just the friend not him.
    The weapon was fired with burress, that makes it completely different.

Leave a comment:

• jonathanrivers
    replied
    I do not know about that Jonathan. Depends if they want to try and make an example of him. Crappy example but they made an example of Burress. Not exactly the same and he shot himself.

On a better note I hope when the facts come through it was just the friend not him.
    Plaxico discharged his firearm in a nightclub didn't he (though he shot himself, it could have been someone else)? That's a tad more dangerous than pulling your shirt up.

But you're right...I'm hoping for the best.

Leave a comment:

• hutch2426
    replied
    Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
    I'm rather confident that Dumervil and his attorney will make this go away really quickly. Perhaps a civil settlement for millions and a backdoor deal with the DA.

Dumervi'ls not going to jail folks. The discussion we should be having is whether to put Ayers at RDE and Malik Jackson at LDE...or Hunter at RDE and Ayers at LDE during Dumervil's short suspension.

Leave a comment:

• Yakka27
    replied
    Well no one would know if he had intent as he did not use it. If he did show the weapon the intent was to use it to scare them.
    Disorderly conduct while armed... maybe.

3 years in prison for showing your gun to someone who instigated the situation by damaging your property. Yeah right.

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Originally posted by jlhawkins9 View Post
    Is it ever ok to show your gun? I mean say that they where saying I'm going kick your butt or going shoot u, you can't show your gun to say no u r not.
    I mean if he pulled the gun out or pointed it at the person then I agree that's taking it way to far.
    I don't own a gun or really know the gun laws.

As Long as its registered and you have a perment to carry it what can legally even do with it?
    You prob get in trouble for saying hey if u keep on or attack me I have a gun on me FYI
    I'm a gun owner and am pretty knowledgeable of the laws ...

1) showing your gun in anyway that could be construe as a threat is the equivalent of pulling it out

2) even if you are legal with a permit in your state it doesn't mean that permit holds any right in other state

Each state has their own regulations PLUS their own laws about recognition of permits from other states so you always need to check those before bringing your gun to another state, as well as laws that state has about legality with firearms...that's what smart ppl do

What Doom did was dumb, but luckily because he has a very good lawyer, they'll find a loophole in the law or find a way to prove that the witness either wasn't able to fully see/know what was really going on and/or Doom felt his life or anothers' life could've possibly been endangered because that is the ONLY WAY displaying/using your firearm is permitted "life was endangered and at that point I felt deadly force was necessary to stop the threat" that is exactly what you tell a police officer anytime you're in a situation like this or say NOTHING ...

Problem is, Doom already lied and might've said too much at the scene (like many do) in which case he'd have no case ...let's hope he's not that dumb although lying about the gun even being there after cops pull you out at gunpoint tells me he's not smart at all

Leave a comment:

• Fan of the MAN
    replied
    Ever heard the term 'Guilty until proven innocent' happened to me by a civilian who had a buddy that is a deputy. Funny, charge was dropped completely by the judge that said the charge was bogus. I was a cop, i hate cops now, 99% are crooked and have an ego.
    I refuse to take the word of any cop until a judge/jury has decided innocence or guilt.
    Example: Treyvon Martin case.
    People have been wrongly accused before, so I will hold off on judgment with Dumerville.

Leave a comment:

• PhoenixDread
    replied
    Doom flashed his piece basically saying "knock the crap off" and the so called victim did.

Stop throwing stuff at my expensive range rover.

Never did I read that doom had any intent on using it.
    Thank you. At least a few of us don't overreact to things and throw out insults. I'm sure it wasn't as big or dramatic as some posters are making it seem. Doom probably didn't think it would lead to this because people DO flash their guns over traffic arguments in Miami, FL. You may not like it and think it's stupid but it's the truth. I've seen it happen numerous times since I was a child.

Leave a comment:

• jonathanrivers
    replied
    I'm rather confident that Dumervil and his attorney will make this go away really quickly. Perhaps a civil settlement for millions and a backdoor deal with the DA.

Dumervi'ls not going to jail folks. The discussion we should be having is whether to put Ayers at RDE and Malik Jackson at LDE...or Hunter at RDE and Ayers at LDE during Dumervil's short suspension.

Leave a comment:

• hutch2426
    replied
    Doom flashed his piece basically saying "knock the crap off" and the so called victim did.

Well no one would know if he had intent as he did not use it. If he did show the weapon the intent was to use it to scare them.

Leave a comment:

• Orange you glad
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    And big surprise he was arrested in Miami....our players need to stay the heck away from Miami! Nothing good ever happens there......
    Very well said I live here in this dump of a city they call Miami I have to cause of work here but why players want to come here is beyond my comprehension? I hate this place with a passion :~(

Leave a comment:

• hutch2426
    replied
    Yeah wasn't the way some people would handle the situation, but I wouldn't even call it illegal. Especially not 3 years in prison wrong.

Maybe disorderly conduct while armed.
    That's where we do not know how Florida law or the prosecutors see it. That's why we wait on the facts, but if he showed the firearm even saying settle down it is still a felony I believe.

Same as my neighbor calling me a name or throwing an object at my house and me walking to his front door and pulling my shirt up and saying simmer down. Still illegal.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSexyDaddy
    replied

Bam! Bam! Bam! Good Post,thats how i see it too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X