X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ramanboy33
    replied
    Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
    Interesting to note that you completely, totally, and intentionally, ignore the part where the other party were guilty of assaulting Dumervil while in his vehicle......

Not one sided at all are ya?
    I've mentioned several times the report of the female driver throwing something at Dumervil's car. That's not an assault. Perhaps it's vandalism (if it was something like a rock) - perhaps simply littering (if it was something like a McDonald's cup). In either case, we have no information about any accusations, arrests, or charges against this women for throwing something.

And her throwing something at his car is no justification (legal or moral) to then get out of your car, approach her as she's sitting in her car, and threaten her by brandishing a gun.

Leave a comment:

• Yakka27
    replied
    So from what I've been reading, Doom is a scumbag who is lucky he didn't get shot by a 32 yo woman and is even luckier he isn't on Judge Judy.

Leave a comment:

• muse
    replied
    Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
    If I'm in a car and somebody throws something at the car I'm in, that could cause damage not only to my car, but to me also. In which case I would have the right to defend myself. I would file a lawsuit against whoever these people are.
    C'mon, threatening someone's life for a dickish but non-lethal aggravation is in no way a proportional response. Are you saying that that person's life is worth less than your precious Land Rover? Really?

Leave a comment:

• Legion509
    replied
    Basing opinions on assumptions is a very, very, bad practice.
    When a Truck is honking a horn and coming down the road at you, don't worry its not really there. Keep telling yourself that. You wouldn't want to base your opinions or assumptions on a truck about to hit you. very very bad practice!

Leave a comment:

• MH Stampede
    replied
    Originally posted by ansleyr815 View Post
    If you were in a car when someone walked up to your window and flashed a gun... you would be terrified... and think he is a thug. A witness thought it was bad enough to call the police. Doom and his passenger were arrested and charged.... the alleged victims were not. That is enough to make assumptions of character... regardless of the legal outcome.
    Basing opinions on assumptions is a very, very, bad practice.

Leave a comment:

• MH Stampede
    replied
    Originally posted by ramanboy33 View Post
    I'm just going off what's been reported. The accuser and an independent eye witness from a nearby store say that Dumervil and his friend got out of their car, approached another car stopped at a traffic light, and then threatened the occupants of that car by flashing guns. There is no excuse for that.

If the material facts of the case change, then I'll change my story.
    Interesting to note that you completely, totally, and intentionally, ignore the part where the other party were guilty of assaulting Dumervil while in his vehicle......

Not one sided at all are ya?

Leave a comment:

• theshiverman
    replied
    You have got to be kidding me, here the Broncos are trying to make a run at something special this season and one of the best players on our team is running around Miami armed and acting like a friggin idiot, i thought this guy knew better then to put himself in this type of situation, if they vote him or DJ team captains this year then we will finally see that the title of Team Captain means squat, i think the commish will take a few games away from him and rightfully so, its just too bad that the rest of the team will suffer because of his stupid crap.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Originally posted by Peyton&Eli_fan View Post
    You don't have the right to defend yourself with deadly force for a non-life threatening situation. Damage to your car is not life threatening.
    Yup this is true you can't use deadly force for a property situation, but you can defend it.

If I was Doom I would have taken the objects and started thowing back at their Car as protecting my property, because I'm sure he could do more damage lol. (this is a joke)

Leave a comment:

• DaFace
    replied
    You mean like when someone is throwing things at you with intent to harm you or your property?
    It's official - you scare me.

Leave a comment:

• Peyton&Eli_fan
    replied
    You don't have the right to defend yourself with deadly force for a non-life threatening situation. Damage to your car is not life threatening.

Leave a comment:

• MH Stampede
    replied
    One can use violence or threats of violence - including showing or pulling your firearm - legally for self-defense when under attack or in certain circumstances if one feels threatened.
    You mean like when someone is throwing things at you with intent to harm you or your property?

Leave a comment:

• THEdraftnik
    replied
    Huh? If somebody vandalizes your property, you have the right to defend yourself? That doesn't make sense.
    If I'm in a car and somebody throws something at the car I'm in, that could cause damage not only to my car, but to me also. In which case I would have the right to defend myself. I would file a lawsuit against whoever these people are.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Huh? If somebody vandalizes your property, you have the right to defend yourself? That doesn't make sense.
    You have the right to protect your property.

Leave a comment:

• MH Stampede
    replied
    Assault and threats aren't violence? What???

And I've never understood why people go to such great lengths to defend criminal scumbags just because they happen to play for the sports teams they follow. When I root for the Broncos, I'm first and foremost rooting for the City of Denver. I want to be proud of my city and the people who represent it.
    You seem unwilling to understand the difference between defending a criminal, and waiting to see of he even IS a criminal.

Witch hunts. Too bad they didnt end in Salem.

Leave a comment:

• DaFace
    replied
    Apparently you did not read the whole article. It was clearly stated that objects were thrown at Dumervil's land rover.

I am curious to know whether or not the other party was charged with anything, even though it would *seem* they are the only ones to actually act aggressively, not Dumervil and his friend.

I agree that from this article, Elvis' biggest problem will be lying about the gun in the glove box. At worst, that is obstruction.
    From a legal standpoint, brandishing a gun = acting aggressively. It doesn't matter what the other party did unless it was life threatening.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X