X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legion509
    replied
    Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
    Apparently you did not read the whole article. It was clearly stated that objects were thrown at Dumervil's land rover.

I am curious to know whether or not the other party was charged with anything, even though it would *seem* they are the only ones to actually act aggressively, not Dumervil and his friend.

I agree that from this article, Elvis' biggest problem will be lying about the gun in the glove box. At worst, that is obstruction.
    These kind of posts just blow me away, are you serious here? You throw and object at a car and that warrants gun usage in MIAMI? By two bodybuilders basically? against a Husband and wife? I now realize what is wrong with the world when i read stuff like that. You actually believe what you typed?

Remember they already have the Zim case going. Its a big problem down there, they have about zero tolerance anymore with all the things happening in the world post 9/11. You gotta think man.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Originally posted by Legion509 View Post
    How are you going to instigate something to the point it makes someone threaten you. That would mean you started it, and they could shoot you first with "your kind of logic".

You really think something being said should provoke two guys walking up to you showing guns in broad daylight in traffic no less, where everyone and there mom saw it. Are you serious? A husband and wife? vs. Two body builders? come on man!

FYI she tried to leave the scene in her car but traffic was bad.
    Well my logic is sound because you just proved that she wouldn't be able to stand her ground since she started it right. She cut him off, participated in the horn blowing and then yelled and threw objects at him, so if I did it and could get shot couldn't she?? No. That was the point I was making with that. Trust me overseas it is worse because you have to wait till there is intent to harm, as stand your ground seems like a joke versus what we are taught overseas.

I don't know what could provoke 2 grown men to approach a car branishing their guns in the middle of the day in a busy traffic setting, but bot parties are at fault here, so until the facts come out I'm not taking any sides, and just going to say both sides handled it very very poorly.

Leave a comment:

• MH Stampede
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    The investigation has to PROVE that he threatened violence.

How do we know dumervile wasn't being threatened?
    After reading Klis's piece, it looks to me like words were exchanged, the other folks started throwing things at Doom's vehicle, then he did the stupid thing by getting out and showing his weapon.

Now, this is just an educated guess based the facts as presented in the article. And dont forget to consider the fact that his bond was $7500 (which is very, very, low for a gun related felony).

But until we have all the facts, there really is no way of knowing.

Leave a comment:

• ramanboy33
    replied
    Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
    If somebody throws something at my car, I have every right to defend myself. Just sounds like Doom was pissed off, flashed the gun to scare these people and got caught red handed defending himself. I don't think Doom had any intentions of actually using the gun. I doubt Doom gets in trouble for this.
    Huh? If somebody vandalizes your property, you have the right to defend yourself? That doesn't make sense.

Leave a comment:

• THEdraftnik
    replied
    If somebody throws something at my car, I have every right to defend myself. Just sounds like Doom was pissed off, flashed the gun to scare these people and got caught red handed defending himself. I don't think Doom had any intentions of actually using the gun. I doubt Doom gets in trouble for this.

Leave a comment:

• MH Stampede
    replied
    Originally posted by ramanboy33 View Post
    What kind of loser threatens somebody with a gun over a traffic incident? Dumervil is a scumbag.
    Apparently you did not read the whole article. It was clearly stated that objects were thrown at Dumervil's land rover.

I am curious to know whether or not the other party was charged with anything, even though it would *seem* they are the only ones to actually act aggressively, not Dumervil and his friend.

I agree that from this article, Elvis' biggest problem will be lying about the gun in the glove box. At worst, that is obstruction.

Leave a comment:

• ramanboy33
    replied
    Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    I don't under stand this... Because if she threw an object first then couldn't Doom flashing his gun be considered standing his ground...
    No, not really. In one instance a women threw something, from a distance, at his car. I don't think he felt he was in life-threatening danger, nor do I think any cop, judge, or jurist would believe that if he claimed it. I could be wrong - perhaps the thing she threw was a hand grenade.

Not only that, Stand Your Ground laws say you don't have a duty to retreat and that you can use force when in imminent danger. Dumervil didn't stand his ground after she threw something at his car - he advanced. It's "Stand Your Ground" not "Advance When Car is Vandalized."

In the other instance, a very large NFL player, with whom she was having a conflict, approached her vehicle (essentially cornering her I'd imagine) and brandished a gun. I think most cops, judges, and jurists would believe her if she said she felt she was in life-threatening danger. Hence I would think "Stand Your Ground" would apply.

Leave a comment:

• Legion509
    replied
    I know but the hole standing your ground is bogus. She could have easily left also other wise I should go to Florida instigate things till they threaten me and then shoot them and claim standing my ground. With out knowing what was said between the two parties there really is no taking sides.

On one side it could be the I'm going to shoot you for doing that and have it be a complete threat where Doom is in the wrong.

Or Doom could have been thinking of using it as a way to descalte the problem with show the guns they stop throwing things.

Regardless showing the gun wasn't the smartest thing in the world, but who knows what was said that triggered what. Can't wait to hear both sides and find out why something like this would grow so fast. Because cutting someone off growing into this seems way out there I feel like there is more to this story for some reason.
    How are you going to instigate something to the point it makes someone threaten you. That would mean you started it, and they could shoot you first with "your kind of logic".

You really think something being said should provoke two guys walking up to you showing guns in broad daylight in traffic no less, where everyone and there mom saw it. Are you serious? A husband and wife? vs. Two body builders? come on man!

FYI she tried to leave the scene in her car but traffic was bad.

Leave a comment:

• Peyton&Eli_fan
    replied
    They don't need to stay out of Miami, but they really shouldn't be carrying guns around with them. How many bad incidents happen because of that compared to how many times they actually are used for something good? Too many accidents/tragedies happen because people have hot heads and easy access to a weapon that they end up regretting using.

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    Originally posted by Orange Pants View Post
    It's not thaaat bad, Doom at least didn't hurt anybody. He'll get off with probation. Probably.
    I dont know I heard the minimum sentence if convicted is 3 years

But if this goes to Goodells Desk being that it is his second infraction....I see this being 6 games at least.... Goodell doesnt play with gun charges
    Last edited by japfaff; 07-16-2012, 02:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MH Stampede
    replied
    Originally posted by hutch2426 View Post
    This is the whole point, some folks will believe the victim, while others will believe a guy they think they know in a football team.

The victim has stated that both men pulled firearms. There will be both sides of the story as there will be folks picking sides. To me it's just another day, these things happen all the time.
    And some, (probably most), know we do not have enough information to form a solid opinion one way or the other.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Originally posted by Legion509 View Post
    Really? throwing and object at your car is life threatening? Lets say you think it is, the other problem with stand your ground is, are you able to get away? And yes Doom and this other guy could have left the scene, instead they both walked up to the care and showed them weapons. So thats not standing your ground. However the Zimm case is sad, all evidence there supports zimm, yet he is still in jail.
    I know but the hole standing your ground is bogus. She could have easily left also other wise I should go to Florida instigate things till they threaten me and then shoot them and claim standing my ground. With out knowing what was said between the two parties there really is no taking sides.

On one side it could be the I'm going to shoot you for doing that and have it be a complete threat where Doom is in the wrong.

Or Doom could have been thinking of using it as a way to descalte the problem with show the guns they stop throwing things.

Regardless showing the gun wasn't the smartest thing in the world, but who knows what was said that triggered what. Can't wait to hear both sides and find out why something like this would grow so fast. Because cutting someone off growing into this seems way out there I feel like there is more to this story for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• Legion509
    replied
    I don't under stand this... Because if she threw an object first then couldn't Doom flashing his gun be considered standing his ground...

Wish these athletes would be smarter, and stop doing these bone headed moves and learn some self control. But I will wait till the actuall facts come out and everything is sorted through so we have the full story.
    Really? throwing and object at your car is life threatening? Lets say you think it is, the other problem with stand your ground is, are you able to get away? And yes Doom and this other guy could have left the scene, instead they both walked up to the care and showed them weapons. So thats not standing your ground. However the Zimm case is sad, all evidence there supports zimm, yet he is still in jail.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied

Wish these athletes would be smarter, and stop doing these bone headed moves and learn some self control. But I will wait till the actuall facts come out and everything is sorted through so we have the full story.
    Like someone else said I wish our players would stay out of Florida. It seems allot of bad things happen there. Not saying it is the only place bad things happen it just seems like allot of bad things happen there.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Originally posted by ramanboy33 View Post
    It could have cost him a lot more. This is Florida - had she been packing, she could have "Stood Her Ground" when Dumervil threatened her by flashing his gun.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X