X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legion509
    replied
    Originally posted by BeavisBronco View Post
    Is anyone a prosecuting attorney that can weigh in on this from a professional standpoint?
    Well its apparent that his Lawyer was lying. What does that tell you. Also people should realize that Doom is getting off easy really, this could be much worse, had he done this in Idaho, pulled his shirt up to show a gun, and the other folks were armed, lets just say this would have ended badly. Thank God it did not.

Also remember that other case involving a gun. Zimmerman/Trayvon deal. By all accounts and what all you people say, also could be said for Zimmerman, he is innocent till proven guilty, so why is he in jail? Facts we do know of for sure is his head was beaten pretty badly, after the media kinda lied about it. Florida laws have the stand your ground thing. So unless there is obvious, details that say other wise, Zimm is innocent.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
    Plus, two wrongs don't make a right. "They started it!" was never a good reason, even when I was a kid.

One of many reasons I don't carry a gun, in emotionally charged situations I don't want a gun anywhere near me.
    yea I agree 100% with this man

Carrying a gung is a RESPONSIBILITY! If someone can not handle it then they should not. I am a hothead at times and this is why I do not carry a firearm. I do not think I would act badly but because there is even a chance I do not carry one.

I do not get this "thug mentality" some people seem to have. Some people do not seem to act responsibly or with acountability.

Like others said you been wronged...it sucks...they throw something at your car...call the cops! Showing off a firearm will almost never end well because either now they will call the cops or bring out their own firearms and now what...a gun fight?!?! Someone with all Doom has should never want a gunfight.

Living in LA I know allot of people proceed down these paths because they come from neighboorhoods where "Snitches are the lowest form of people" and they feel that calling the cops is not an option for them or the other person.

Wish they would learn that is just their beatup drug ridden places they come from and not the rest of the world.

I knew a girl who was abused for 8 years and when I brought up calling the cops she told me that crap about snitches. If these people called the cops maybe their neighborhoods would not be so miserable.

edit - This whole thing has me pissed now

Sorry for rant

Leave a comment:

• ramanboy33
    replied
    Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
    I think Doom lying about the gun may cause him some trouble.

I wonder how much lifting his shirt for a few seconds will cost him in the end?
    It could have cost him a lot more. This is Florida - had she been packing, she could have "Stood Her Ground" when Dumervil threatened her by flashing his gun.

Leave a comment:

• Legion509
    replied
    One thing that should never happen, Jake Plummer and Elvis Dumervil carpooling.
    Naa those two would be fine, Jake has a place in N. idaho near where I live, and some of my guys have worked on his place. Doom would be fine in a car, Elway not so much. From what I have heard.

Leave a comment:

• RockyMtnConvert
    replied
    Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
    This is beyond ridiculous now. When will these over paid athletes learn they are not untouchable, Not saying Doom is guilty or innocent because I wasn't there; however if you are dumb enough to get yourself arrested then well you're dumb.

Stuck in traffic, someone cuts you off don’t be a D-bag, treat people with respect even when they disrespect you is the safest way to handle EVERY situation.(For the most part).

Don't put yourself in these types of situations THEY CAN BE avoided, simple as that.
    Just walk or drive away. Say you're sorry even if you feel you were wronged. Doom has EVERYTHING to lose, everybody else in the siuation not so much. He has to be smarter that the gang-banger mentality of the .45 in the waistline...

Doom, you're not Gangster- you're a multi-millionaire who will do what ever you like for the rest of your life, just don't be stupid and get into situations like this.. you're different, act like it.

When you are that rich and still playing at a high level, you should not have these issues.

- if you're afraid for your life, don't go to places that breed trouble or unstable situations- if you HAVE to go to places that breed trouble, hire a FT bodyguard.... it HAS to be cheaper int he long-run that a possible Jail Sentence and Felony Conviction.

- Don't drive drunk- just cab it, have a limo wait on YOU until your done. Why drive drunk, it is just so freaking stupid.

- Don't tangle- don't pick fights, don't hang around with people that do.

Leave a comment:

• Chitown
    replied
    Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    He could have taken the question as if the officer was asking him if he had a weapon on his person and not in his vehicle. Obviously this is speculation and until it is heard in front of a judge (if it gets that far) we may never know.
    From the police report. "I asked Dumervil if there was a gun in the car and he stated no."

I guess maybe he doesn't know the difference between himself and a car.

Leave a comment:

• PowderAddict
    replied
    Originally posted by DaFace View Post
    I agree with most of this, but not the bold sentence. Unless the object they threw was a grenade, brandishing a firearm isn't warranted. You have to feel that your life is in danger (or the life of someone else) in order to get away with that.
    Plus, two wrongs don't make a right. "They started it!" was never a good reason, even when I was a kid.

One of many reasons I don't carry a gun, in emotionally charged situations I don't want a gun anywhere near me.

Leave a comment:

• DaFace
    replied
    After reading the reports and putting two and two together of the witnesses here is what I think happened.

Doom was following his buddy and this white Impala cut in front of Doom at which time the horns started blaring and the yelling started. It sounds to me like the people in the White Impala got out and yelled and threw something at Dooms vehicle.

Doom's buddy got out and approached the vehicle and then so did Doom. My guess is that this was in response to the other people getting out and throwing stuff at Doom. They both approached the car and told them to stop throwing stuff and flashed their guns. This is where they went wrong by flashing their weapons.

I am sure the other people felt threatened at this time but they were the ones that actually started the confrontation. When they saw they had weapons they got scared and tried to flee.

Doom should have never taken a gun up to the other car and should have never got out of his vehicle. He should have called the cops and everything would have been fine.

My guess is this will go nowhere because the occupants of the white Impala instigated the confrontation by yelling and throwing things at Dooms vehicle and the charges will be dropped. Hopefully Doom has a permit to carry a weapon or he could get hit for carrying a concealed weapon.

I wish people in general would learn that hand guns are bad in situations like this and only compound the amount of trouble you can get in. I do not want to get into a debate of firearms but I for one wish they would out law hand guns because I am sick about people getting shot and or killed all the time by them.

Carry them if you must, but please use your head when using them.
    I agree with most of this, but not the bold sentence. Unless the object they threw was a grenade, brandishing a firearm isn't warranted. You have to feel that your life is in danger (or the life of someone else) in order to get away with that.

Leave a comment:

• nickmeyer
    replied
    I don't disagree. I am just saying this could have happened.
    It is possible, but from the way everything sounds my gut tells me he was trying to hide the gun, if that is the case stupid stupid stupid.

Leave a comment:

• one_bad_55
    replied
    Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
    Not saying you are but lets not make excuses for him, if a cop asks you if you have a gun and you know there is one in the car you tell them, they will find it.
    I don't disagree. I am just saying this could have happened.

Leave a comment:

• nickmeyer
    replied
    He could have taken the question as if the officer was asking him if he had a weapon on his person and not in his vehicle. Obviously this is speculation and until it is heard in front of a judge (if it gets that far) we may never know.
    Not saying you are but lets not make excuses for him, if a cop asks you if you have a gun and you know there is one in the car you tell them, they will find it.

Leave a comment:

• one_bad_55
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MegaOrange
    replied
    After reading the reports and putting two and two together of the witnesses here is what I think happened.

Doom was following his buddy and this white Impala cut in front of Doom at which time the horns started blaring and the yelling started. It sounds to me like the people in the White Impala got out and yelled and threw something at Dooms vehicle.

Doom's buddy got out and approached the vehicle and then so did Doom. My guess is that this was in response to the other people getting out and throwing stuff at Doom. They both approached the car and told them to stop throwing stuff and flashed their guns. This is where they went wrong by flashing their weapons.

I am sure the other people felt threatened at this time but they were the ones that actually started the confrontation. When they saw they had weapons they got scared and tried to flee.

Doom should have never taken a gun up to the other car and should have never got out of his vehicle. He should have called the cops and everything would have been fine.

My guess is this will go nowhere because the occupants of the white Impala instigated the confrontation by yelling and throwing things at Dooms vehicle and the charges will be dropped. Hopefully Doom has a permit to carry a weapon or he could get hit for carrying a concealed weapon.

I wish people in general would learn that hand guns are bad in situations like this and only compound the amount of trouble you can get in. I do not want to get into a debate of firearms but I for one wish they would out law hand guns because I am sick about people getting shot and or killed all the time by them.

Leave a comment:

• nickmeyer
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    Only extremely stupid people lie to cops when it is obvious the lie will be discovered
    This is beyond ridiculous now. When will these over paid athletes learn they are not untouchable, Not saying Doom is guilty or innocent because I wasn't there; however if you are dumb enough to get yourself arrested then well you're dumb.

Stuck in traffic, someone cuts you off don’t be a D-bag, treat people with respect even when they disrespect you is the safest way to handle EVERY situation.(For the most part).

Don't put yourself in these types of situations THEY CAN BE avoided, simple as that.
    Last edited by nickmeyer; 07-16-2012, 12:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• one_bad_55
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X