X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MegaOrange
    replied
    I agree, I think the NFL will be harder on him than the state of Florida.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
    It's on page 4 of the police report..."I was dispatched.......I ordered Dumervil out of the vehicle at gunpoint and place him in handcuffs. I asked Sumervil (police report mispelling) if there was a gun in the car and he stated no."

"The Land Rover was towed, prior to the vehicle being towed I conducted a search for inventory purposes which revealed a firearm in the vehicles glove compartment?
    Yep on page 4, you are correct.

Expect Doom to get atleast suspended for 1-2 games imo. If the NFL wants to really hammer him it may be more at a later time.

I do think the Commish will take this very seriously because of the involvement of guns

Now I am officially highly disappointed in Doom...

Only extremely stupid people lie to cops when it is obvious the lie will be discovered

Leave a comment:

• BeavisBronco
    replied
    Is anyone a prosecuting attorney that can weigh in on this from a professional standpoint?

Leave a comment:

• MegaOrange
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    1. The police reports do not mention any questioning between Doom and the cop about guns. Articles do say the cop asked him if there was a gun and his car and he said no. They do not mention the source of this information.

2. As soon as a witness said Doom flashed a gun from his person I do think the cop has probable cause to search him and his car. Not a lawyer and completely unfamiliar with Florida law so do not know for sure.

3. There is allot of speculating here being presented as fact...I can tell the difference I hope people can tell the difference in their own posts as well.

4. If Doom did lie to a cop and he did have a gun in his car we should expect a suspension of some kind. Either a 1-2 game suspension in 2012 or a longer one in 2013 if the NFL wants to really hammer Doom. Considering a gun has been reported to be involved I would not be surprised to see the NFL hammer him. If a cop says he asked if he had a gun and he said no then a search turned up a gun in his car...that is enough for 1-2 games imo. If the facts turn out he did infact threated a person with a gun in his pants...would not be surprised to see that up to 6 games.
    It's on page 4 of the police report..."I was dispatched.......I ordered Dumervil out of the vehicle at gunpoint and place him in handcuffs. I asked Sumervil (police report mispelling) if there was a gun in the car and he stated no."

"The Land Rover was towed, prior to the vehicle being towed I conducted a search for inventory purposes which revealed a firearm in the vehicles glove compartment?

Leave a comment:

• ramanboy33
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    1. The police reports do not mention any questioning between Doom and the cop about guns. Articles do say the cop asked him if there was a gun and his car and he said no. They do not mention the source of this information.
    The police report does mention such a questioning:

"I ordered Dumervil out of the vehicle at gunpoint and placed him in handcuffs. I asked Sumervil (sic) if there was a gun in the car and he stated no.

________ positively identified Dumervil as the subject.

Dumervil was advised that he was under arrest.

The Land Rover was towed. Prior to the vehicle being towed I conducted a search for inventory purposes which reveled a firearm in the vehicles (sic) glove compartment."

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied

2. As soon as a witness said Doom flashed a gun from his person I do think the cop has probable cause to search him and his car. Not a lawyer and completely unfamiliar with Florida law so do not know for sure.

3. There is allot of speculating here being presented as fact...I can tell the difference I hope people can tell the difference in their own posts as well.

4. If Doom did lie to a cop and he did have a gun in his car we should expect a suspension of some kind. Either a 1-2 game suspension in 2012 or a longer one in 2013 if the NFL wants to really hammer Doom. Considering a gun has been reported to be involved I would not be surprised to see the NFL hammer him. If a cop says he asked if he had a gun and he said no then a search turned up a gun in his car...that is enough for 1-2 games imo. If the facts turn out he did infact threated a person with a gun in his pants...would not be surprised to see that up to 6 games.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
    LMAO. That's what I've been saying all along.

Hell, why even have a judicial system.

I know right....guilty filthy scum....LOCK EM ALL UP! NEXT CASE!

No guilty until proven innocent with that dude...If it's reported you did it your a no good thug and need to be replaced.

Leave a comment:

• MegaOrange
    replied
    I know it, ha.

It's fun to speculate. I'm not trying to bring the guy down. He messed up, no doubt about it. No way he gets any of these crazy sentences people are talking about. He'll get the celeb treatment and be on his merry way...I'd bet the NFL will be harder on him than the state of Florida.

Leave a comment:

• jonathanrivers
    replied
    Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
    I'm not sure about all that. He'll get a slap on the wrist from the law. Probably some plea to do some community service. Goddell, that's the wild card. His NFL penalty may be worse that what the law does to him.
    I hope so, as well, although he should have to suffer consequences if things are as seems after all is said and done.

I haven't denied what happened. I just want for the process to occur before we hand down punishment.

My sarcastic, hyperbolic response was addressed to a lot of the knee jerking and mouthbreathing going on.

Leave a comment:

• theMileHighGuy
    replied
    Opinions changing about one of my favorite players. I thought he was different than DJ/Woody and the wanna be thug dymelife crowd, but I guess he isn't. There isn't a place for acting like that.

I'm just gonna stop before I say something racist. So disappointed in Elvis regardless of if he is convicted or not.

Leave a comment:

• jonathanrivers
    replied
    Originally posted by ramanboy33 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, based on the police report (what we have), do you think Dumervil acted appropriately? Perhpas the Broncos should extend to him a citizenship award.
    See, there you go again. I never said he acted appropriately. Stop with that nonsense. The thing is...get this...I WASN'T THERE!!! You weren't either.

Most of us just want all the facts to come to light and the police/judicial system to do its job before going apechit about the whole ordeal.

I'm not quite sure why that's so freakin' hard to understand.

Leave a comment:

• ramanboy33
    replied
    I think we should give Dumervil what he deserves. A scolding by the one and only Judge Judy, followed by a tar-and-feathering session, followed by a public flogging, concluded with a crucifixion and burning...led by ramanboy and his pitchfork-carrying, melodramatic, passive-aggressive, rhetorical question-asking posse.
    Just out of curiosity, based on the police report (what we have), do you think Dumervil acted appropriately? Perhpas the Broncos should extend to him a citizenship award.

Leave a comment:

• MegaOrange
    replied
    I think we should give Dumervil what he deserves. A scolding by the one and only Judge Judy, followed by a tar-and-feathering session, followed by a public flogging, concluded with a crucifixion and burning...led by ramanboy and his pitchfork-carrying, melodramatic, passive-aggressive, rhetorical question-asking posse.
    I'm not sure about all that. He'll get a slap on the wrist from the law. Probably some plea to do some community service. Goddell, that's the wild card. His NFL penalty may be worse that what the law does to him.

Leave a comment:

• jonathanrivers
    replied

This is BEFORE he is actually found guilty of anything. I'll have to think of a much harsher, much more unreasonable punishment for if he is actually convicted of wrongdoing.

Leave a comment:

• MegaOrange
    replied
    One thing that should never happen, Jake Plummer and Elvis Dumervil carpooling.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X