Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DOOM arrested per CBS4

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
    Plaxico discharged his firearm in a nightclub didn't he (though he shot himself, it could have been someone else)? That's a tad more dangerous than pulling your shirt up.

    But you're right...I'm hoping for the best.
    Yeah, more dangerous just used the example of what a city or state may do to a high visible person to set an example. Hopefully, again this is not the case.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Yakka27 View Post
      The weapon was fired with burress, that makes it completely different.
      I posted to use the example of how the D.A. chose to nail h to wall.

      Comment


      • I would suggest we wait until we hear the exact details of what happened.

        Plus I would try to look at this case as if it was an ordinary citizen that we do not know. Sometimes we can get biased if it's our guy......or conversely, sometimes we want to throw the book at folks we do not like.

        Facts please.

        But it may be another bad day (for me and other Winnipeg Jet fans) because it is reported that our goalie got into a collision while being under the influence (heard he was at .2 blood alcohol level). If true, it may lead to some discipline, which would be warranted. Luckily no one appears to have been injured. But still!!!

        Our high paid, in the media jocks have to be careful, and smart. I hope Doom's situation works out for the best. Same with our goalie. Without having access to all the facts, I will not assume anything. But it does make you nervous.

        Comment


        • I don't think he intended to use it and I don't think he deserves jail time for this. But, if you want to be a gun owner - especially one who has a concealed weapon, you better know the laws that apply.

          Comment


          • Calling Doom scum is just wrong.

            Sounds more like someone who was unaware of what he can and can't do with his fire arm. But until you find somewhere that say that he had malicious intent, then please calm down. Judge Judy won't throw the book at him.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Orange you glad View Post
              Very well said I live here in this dump of a city they call Miami I have to cause of work here but why players want to come here is beyond my comprehension? I hate this place with a passion :~(
              Miami isn't THAT bad. Are you working or living in one the bad areas? If so then I could understand because I used to hate living here too...
              Last edited by PhoenixDread; 07-16-2012, 04:55 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
                I'm rather confident that Dumervil and his attorney will make this go away really quickly. Perhaps a civil settlement for millions and a backdoor deal with the DA.

                Dumervi'ls not going to jail folks. The discussion we should be having is whether to put Ayers at RDE and Malik Jackson at LDE...or Hunter at RDE and Ayers at LDE during Dumervil's short suspension.
                Fla resident here....prosecutors will make an example of this sad incident. 10-20-life was instituted here for a reason. Unless you have a permit, you are gonna get nailed for flashin a gun. The DA won't drop this one. This is a high publicity incident and Miami Beach authorities will make this one sting....

                BTW....Collins Ave in Miami Beach is not the hood. Lot's of nice rides on the strip and merging traffic is a fact of life in this small little area of South Beach. This is worse than the Burress thing and the commish will set his butt for a long spell. Maybe a year.
                Last edited by dork54; 07-16-2012, 04:58 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by dork54 View Post
                  Fla resident here and no prosecutors won't let this one go away easy. 10-20-life was instituted here for a reason. Unless you have a permit, you are gonna get nailed for flashin a gun. The DA won't drop this one.

                  BTW....Collins Ave in Miami Beach is not the hood. Lot's of nice rides on the strip and merging traffic is a fact of life in this small little area of South Beach. This is worse than the Burress thing and the commish will set his butt for a long spell. Maybe a year.
                  Without knowing all the facts of a case how can you assert 'this is worse'

                  secondly.. he had a permit is my understanding...

                  thirdly.. plax had no licence for his gun.. and it was discharged... very different situation...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    I would suggest we wait until we hear the exact details of what happened.

                    Plus I would try to look at this case as if it was an ordinary citizen that we do not know. Sometimes we can get biased if it's our guy......or conversely, sometimes we want to throw the book at folks we do not like.

                    Facts please.

                    But it may be another bad day (for me and other Winnipeg Jet fans) because it is reported that our goalie got into a collision while being under the influence (heard he was at .2 blood alcohol level). If true, it may lead to some discipline, which would be warranted. Luckily no one appears to have been injured. But still!!!

                    Our high paid, in the media jocks have to be careful, and smart. I hope Doom's situation works out for the best. Same with our goalie. Without having access to all the facts, I will not assume anything. But it does make you nervous.
                    I do hear you CanDB but the police report has been made public and that is probably about as good as it gets to "the facts"

                    now lawyers will get involved and "the facts" may get burried unless something was put on video tape

                    btw here is my summary of the police report

                    So from reading the report I get this, help me if anyone finds different as the multiple pages make it hard to make a timeline. Also keep in mind this is accoring to the multiple reports so try to not assume anything to change something. Help me if I did the same.

                    Doom was driving a Range Rover following a Mercedes.

                    The wife (Vic 1) was driving a Impala and merged between the Mercedes and Rover

                    Horns blew (sounds like all thre cars) and insults were exchanged (sounds like all three cars)

                    Someone in the Impala got out of the car and yelled, also someone in the Impala threw something at the Rover. Not sure but it seems like Vic 1 did both the getting out of car and throwing object.

                    Passenger got out of the Mercedes, walked up to the Impala, lifted up shirt to expose gun. At some point Vic 1 got back into car...unclear as to when.

                    Doom was driving and got out of Rover and also lifted up shirt to exposed a gun.

                    Vic 1 was afraid and tried to get away in car.

                    Police show up and arrest Doom at gun point.

                    Police ask if Doom had any guns in car. he said no

                    Police search Mercedes and found 1 gun behind drivers seat on the floor. Police search Doom's car and find a gun in glove box

                    witness from buisness on street by incident statement of facts concurred with that of the victim


                    Link to police reports as it seems like six officers or so made different reports

                    http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...t-miami/14278/
                    Last edited by Hadez; 07-16-2012, 05:00 PM.
                    Let's Ride!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by hutch2426 View Post
                      I do not know about that Jonathan. Depends if they want to try and make an example of him. Crappy example but they made an example of Burress. Not exactly the same and he shot himself.

                      On a better note I hope when the facts come through it was just the friend not him.
                      This happened in Miami, not NYC. Burress discharged his firearm, shooting himself in the process. I'm not sure what the gun laws are in Miami, but I'd be willing to bet they aren't anywhere near as strict as NYC.

                      Anyway, Florida has concealed carry by permit and a reciprocity agreement in place, including one with Colorado. Not sure if Doom has a permit or not, but it really doesn't matter much either way. The concealed weapon, is a minor issue in all of this. What matters is whether or not he threatened the other driver with his firearm. If he did, then it's boil down to whether or not his attorneys can convince the judge/prosecutor that had justification to do so. If the police report is accurate and Doom approached the other car, raised his shirt to show the firearm, then he is likely in trouble because he would be the aggressor I'd think. If the other person was coming at Doom and he showed the firearm in order to prevent an attack on himself, then he would be ok, I'd think. But again, I'm not sure what the law is in Florida.

                      This probably isn't going to play out until the next off-season though. At the very least, those high powered attorneys should be able to buy him some time. Enough for this season.
                      ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                        Without knowing all the facts of a case how can you assert 'this is worse'

                        secondly.. he had a permit is my understanding...

                        thirdly.. plax had no licence for his gun.. and it was discharged... very different situation...
                        there is no mention of a permit in the police reports...maybe why he made the horrible mistake of saying there was no gun in the car to the officer?
                        Let's Ride!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                          there is no mention of a permit in the police reports...maybe why he made the horrible mistake of saying there was no gun in the car to the officer?
                          Fair enough.. though I am certain there was a report or line in one of the articles that said he had a permit.

                          I am entirely to lazy to go digging through the thread to see where I got that info.. but I am certain lombardi or someone 'tweeted' about it.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by KoolBreeze View Post
                            This happened in Miami, not NYC. Burress discharged his firearm, shooting himself in the process. I'm not sure what the gun laws are in Miami, but I'd be willing to bet they aren't anywhere near as strict as NYC.

                            Anyway, Florida has concealed carry by permit and a reciprocity agreement in place, including one with Colorado. Not sure if Doom has a permit or not, but it really doesn't matter much either way. The concealed weapon, is a minor issue in all of this. What matters is whether or not he threatened the other driver with his firearm. If he did, then it's boil down to whether or not his attorneys can convince the judge/prosecutor that had justification to do so. If the police report is accurate and Doom approached the other car, raised his shirt to show the firearm, then he is likely in trouble because he would be the aggressor I'd think. If the other person was coming at Doom and he showed the firearm in order to prevent an attack on himself, then he would be ok, I'd think. But again, I'm not sure what the law is in Florida.

                            This probably isn't going to play out until the next off-season though. At the very least, those high powered attorneys should be able to buy him some time. Enough for this season.
                            As I stated above I used the example of how the D.A. Went after Burress and how they might do the same to Elvis because of his visibility. What better way to play politics than hammering a rich fish.

                            Comment


                            • Very sad......this is incident will not be swept under the rug. The felony charges won't just be wiped away and Godell is now facing another weighty decision on what message to send to NFL players.

                              Doom is charges with aggravated assault.............here's the law.

                              Assault with a Deadly Weapon
                              Assault with a deadly weapon is technically termed "aggravated assault" under the Florida statutes. "Simple" assault is defined in the following manner:

                              An "assault" is an intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, and doing some act which creates a well-founded fear in such other person that such violence is imminent.

                              If this threat is accompanied by the brandishing of a deadly weapon, a defendant who is convicted of this charge faces the penalties that accompany a third-degree felony. A third-degree felony can carry a prison term of up to five years.
                              Last edited by dork54; 07-16-2012, 05:20 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by dork54 View Post
                                Fla resident here....prosecutors will make an example of this sad incident. 10-20-life was instituted here for a reason. Unless you have a permit, you are gonna get nailed for flashin a gun. The DA won't drop this one. This is a high publicity incident and Miami Beach authorities will make this one sting....

                                BTW....Collins Ave in Miami Beach is not the hood. Lot's of nice rides on the strip and merging traffic is a fact of life in this small little area of South Beach. This is worse than the Burress thing and the commish will set his butt for a long spell. Maybe a year.
                                Collins Ave isn't the hood, but the hood sure loves coming to Miami Beach. I almost never go there afterhours anymore because of the ignorant ghetto people who frequent south beach. I only go occasionally during the daytime. They're the sole reason police are so aggressive down there and why they make so many rules during holidays such as memorial day weekend.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X