This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dork54 View Post
    Very sad......this is incident will not be swept under the rug. The felony charges won't just be wiped away and Godell is now facing another weighty decison on what message to send to NFL players.
    Agreed

1st thing that probably KILLS Doom is lying to the cop about a gun being in his car. IMO this alone could cost him 1-2 games in 2012.

2nd thing that hurts is the witness who called the cops telling the same story as the victim...does not spell it out but I would assume that means both the victim and the witness say Doom threaten the victim with a gun.

I do not see how Doom gets away from a 6 game suspension at this point
    Let's Ride!

Comment

• Ohhh boyyy...
      HE>i

Comment

• Has it been established that it was his car?

Comment

• Originally posted by Peyton&Eli_fan View Post
          Has it been established that it was his car?
          he was driving it. Not sure if it was actually his. Also I did not see any mention of another person in the car he was driving.

edit - first page of the police report identifies the vehicles as Doom's
          Last edited by Hadez; 07-16-2012, 05:21 PM.
          Let's Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
            Plaxico discharged his firearm in a nightclub didn't he (though he shot himself, it could have been someone else)? That's a tad more dangerous than pulling your shirt up.

But you're right...I'm hoping for the best.
            States and cities have different laws concerning firearms. If I recall correctly, Plaxico Burress accidentally discharged an unregistered handgun in a nightclub in New York City which has strict laws on firearms.

The State of Florida is one of the "Stand Your Ground" states most of which have laws encouraging citizens to own and carry firearms. The Trayvon Martin case for which George Zimmerman is currently on trial in Florida will focus on issues other than whether or not Zimmerman was armed. "Stand Your Ground" will be tested in Florida with definitions of what constitutes feeling threatened and how far one may go.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              States and cities have different laws concerning firearms. If I recall correctly, Plaxico Burress accidentally discharged an unregistered handgun in a nightclub in New York City which has strict laws on firearms.

The State of Florida is one of the "Stand Your Ground" states most of which have laws encouraging citizens to own and carry firearms. The Trayvon Martin case for which George Zimmerman is currently on trial in Florida will focus on issues other than whether or not Zimmerman was armed. "Stand Your Ground" will be tested in Florida with definitions of what constitutes feeling threatened and how far one may go.
              What made things worse for Plaxico as I recall is Governer and/or Mayor just made a public stance about being hard on guns.

Football players can be dumb as rocks man
              Let's Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                What made things worse for Plaxico as I recall is Governer and/or Mayor just made a public stance about being hard on guns.

Football players can be dumb as rocks man
                There are plenty of people who handle firearms in a dangerous way. Cities in the US are well policed. No need for firearms on your person or in your car if you are engaged in honest activity.

Loaded handguns in a house with children is another idiotic thing. Discharging firearms into the sky is very dangerous; what goes up must come down. Discharging firarms at night is uncalled for unless you are defending a hamlet under attack by the Viet Cong; flashbacks are a *****.
                Last edited by samparnell; 07-16-2012, 05:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

There are plenty of people who handle firearms in a dangerous way. Cities in the US are well policed. No need for firearms on your person or in your car if you are engaged in honest activity.

Loaded handguns in a house with children is another idiotic thing. Discharging firearms into the sky is very dangerous; what goes up must come down. Discharging firarms at night is uncalled for unless you are defending a hamlet under attack by the Viet Cong; flashbacks are a *****.
                  Varmint hunting at night is a blast....
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                    Varmint hunting at night is a blast....
                    infrared/nightvision/full moon?

Comment

I like your post but a lot is biased and false.

Your comment about no need for firearms on your person or in your car if you are engaged in honest activity? Okay what about the bad guys that are there to cause harm in this honest activity? There are so many more cases where a gun could have saved a life its unreal.

Last year at Hoopfest people got shot during a game. Hoopfest is a 3v3 city basketball tournament one of, if not the largest one in the nation. Had I been armed that day, some people could have been saved or uninjured, sadly I was not.

Cops come after the crime not during it. Make sure you tell the bad guy to wait for the cops before you shoot me.

Comment

infrared/nightvision/full moon?
                        Night vision green laser flashlight that goes 250 yards.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Let's try and avoid this turning into a political discussion on the merits of gun ownership and keep the focus on the topic at hand.

Comment

• Well Doom was attacked first. What if the objects made him wreck and someone got hurt?
                            She is lucky she didn't throw things at some thug drug dealer or she would have been shot.

Doom has to be smarter but I'm sure his blood was boiling after having things thrown at his car. Regardless of the law she got what she deserved. Not saying she deserved to be shot or have a gun put at her head, but you throw objects at a car you better be prepared for retaliation

Comment

• Originally posted by jlhawkins9 View Post
                              Well Doom was attacked first. What if the objects made him wreck and someone got hurt?
                              Wreck in gridlocked traffic?

Comment

• sources close to Dumervil, however, said Monday he was not carrying a gun. The police report states a gun was found in the vehicle Dumervil was driving, but the sources say the vehicle and gun did not belong to Dumvervil.

Read more: Elvis Dumervil not carrying a gun at his arrest in Miami, sources say - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz20pxBb2PR
                                Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
                                So it wasn't his car.
                                sigpic
                                2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Working...
                                X