This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparttns View Post
    The more I read about it, seems that the man showing the gun under his shirt was in the Mercedes, not Doom's Range Rover. They got arrested because they traveled together but it really seems Doom's only fault is having that kind of "friends" and not knowing there was a gun in that SUV.
    Dumervil exited his vehicle at which point he proceeded to lift his shirt and display a gun. Dumervil was positively identified as the subject.

What about this from the police report makes you think it's not Dumervil?

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post

Feel the rage
      I'm outraged. Didn't Dumervil's moma teach him to never hit a girl.

Comment

• Nothing against any fellow Broncos fans who might also be in law enforcement reading this, but if you ever want to read some good creative fiction someday, try a police report. You aren't reading the "facts" or "findings" in many cases, you're reading the opinions of witnesses and other people involved in the situation (who were often VERY involved, if you get my drift). What is stated in the police report cannot be interpreted as fact. That's what an investigation is for. And ultimately a trial.

If I punch you in the face and tell the police I did it because you threatened me, that doesn't make it true. But it goes in the report (based on the subjective writing of the officer).

Comment

• Originally posted by Chitown View Post
          Dumervil exited his vehicle at which point he proceeded to lift his shirt and display a gun. Dumervil was positively identified as the subject.

What about this from the police report makes you think it's not Dumervil?
          You need to also do some more research. The eyewitness (Victoria Secret Employee) Identified an African American male from a Mercedes who was waving the gun around next to the white Impala according to the affidavit. She did not say anything about the male in the Range Rover waving a gun or even showing a gun.

It was only the people in the white Impala saying that they both had guns. However what makes this look bad is that Doom said there was not a gun in the car and there was. Now he will probably claim that the vehicle is not his and he did not know the gun was in the glove box. However that does not look good for him especially if they find his finger prints on the weapon.

I cannot believe that these two big guys felt they needed a gun to take care of this situation against a woman and a man. I like Doom and he is a great player but I hate to say it but these guys deserve what they get.

When will these guys learn? People are just looking for ways to get money from them and they keep making stupid mistakes. It is so sad that in our society today that people feel compelled to carry a gun for protection. What happened to the days of using your fists and duking it out. Now it is so easy to just stab or shoot someone and people do not think twice about it.

Sad, Sad, Sad......
          sigpic
          Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
          2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
          2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by Moderator View Post
            Stand your ground law has NOTHING to do with this case. Unless Doom was in a life threatening situation, there's no reason to pull a gun and there's no reason the Stand Your Ground law should apply.
            And you know how everyone involved felt emotionally...how?

Fear is an extremely subjective and personal thing.
            sigpic

Comment

• sigpic
              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                You need to also do some more research. The eyewitness (Victoria Secret Employee) Identified an African American male from a Mercedes who was waving the gun around next to the white Impala according to the affidavit. She did not say anything about the male in the Range Rover waving a gun or even showing a gun.

It was only the people in the white Impala saying that they both had guns. However what makes this look bad is that Doom said there was not a gun in the car and there was. Now he will probably claim that the vehicle is not his and he did not know the gun was in the glove box. However that does not look good for him especially if they find his finger prints on the weapon.

I cannot believe that these two big guys felt they needed a gun to take care of this situation against a woman and a man. I like Doom and he is a great player but I hate to say it but these guys deserve what they get.

When will these guys learn? People are just looking for ways to get money from them and they keep making stupid mistakes. It is so sad that in our society today that people feel compelled to carry a gun for protection. What happened to the days of using your fists and duking it out. Now it is so easy to just stab or shoot someone and people do not think twice about it.

Sad, Sad, Sad......
                I doubt they even knew who he was. I wouldn't even if he passed by me right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                  Now that's what I call funny!

Comment

• Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
                    Correct sir.

From the police report, Doom was driving a range rover, his buddy had a Mercedes, and the victim had a chevy.

Doom also stated there was no gun in his car which the police found was not true.
                    Unless some further evidence comes forth, this is likely the part that he is going to have the most trouble with.
                    sigpic

Comment

• The only official statement I have seen ANYWHERE about what the witness said was in the police report which said the Witness statement concurs with the victims except the witness also mentioned that the victim got out of her car, yelled and threw something.

Now this does not spell out that the witness said Doom flashed a gun but the vic said he did so it is MUCH more logical to think the witness saw Doom flash a gun then to think he did not....unless there is something out there not posted here yet.
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by moto4669 View Post
                        If this is all true then Doom made some pretty poor decisions..
                        I think it's pretty obvious that he made at least 2 very poor decisions. Getting out of his vehicle, and then lying to the cop about the gun in the glove box.

Beyond that, is uncertain. Not enough hard facts available to ascertain for any of us to know what really happened, no matter what anyone here says.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                          Sadly Sam I don't think a lot of these people who carries guns around think about having to use it and the concequences. Its cool or a false sense of security to most where it should be the the most concious decisions you make in a day. If you think about it, because you are carrying a gun, you make every encounter a possible lethal force one because YOU brought the weapon to a fight. I support the right to do so but I really think people need to understand the ramifications of it before walking out the door in the morning.

I digress though, back on topic.
                          Well said.

I own a slew of firearms of different types. Here in WY it is legal to carry, even without a permit. Yet, I don't carry one on myself or in one of my vehicles on an every day basis. No one I know does either, and nearly all of my friends have at least one gun.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                            The only official statement I have seen ANYWHERE about what the witness said was in the police report which said the Witness statement concurs with the victims except the witness also mentioned that the victim got out of her car, yelled and threw something.

Now this does not spell out that the witness said Doom flashed a gun but the vic said he did so it is MUCH more logical to think the witness saw Doom flash a gun then to think he did not....unless there is something out there not posted here yet.
                            Here is the latest piece of the puzzle released.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...19/detail.html
                            sigpic
                            Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                            2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                            2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

• Hypothetically-speaking, what if Elvis Dumervil thought that the cop asked him if he had a gun on him?

Cop: Do you have a gun [on you]?
                              Dumervil: No, I don't [have a gun on me presently].

or................

Cop: Do you have a gun [generally speaking]?
                              Dumervil: No, I don't. (A lie, regardless of whether he knew a gun was in the glove compartment of the Land Rover)

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparttns View Post
                                The more I read about it, seems that the man showing the gun under his shirt was in the Mercedes, not Doom's Range Rover. They got arrested because they traveled together but it really seems Doom's only fault is having that kind of "friends" and not knowing there was a gun in that SUV.
                                The reports indicate 2 men approached the Impala and flashed a gun - Andy Auguste while shouting threats and Dumervil, who did so silently.

The police report also mentions that 3 men from the Mercedes plus Dumervil from the Range Rover were initially detained. I haven't heard anything about the other 2 members of this posse being arrested and charged - if Dumervil was simply arrested for traveling together with Auguste (albeit in separate cars), then why weren't the other 2 posse members arrested as well?

Comment

Working...
                                X