This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ramanboy33 View Post
    The reports indicate 2 men approached the Impala and flashed a gun - Andy Auguste while shouting threats and Dumervil, who did so silently.

The police report also mentions that 3 men from the Mercedes plus Dumervil from the Range Rover were initially detained. I haven't heard anything about the other 2 members of this posse being arrested and charged - if Dumervil was simply arrested for traveling together with Auguste (albeit in separate cars), then why weren't the other 2 posse members arrested as well?
    Because they never left the Mercedes. They were not involved in the altercation so they were released.
    sigpic
    Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

• Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043
      Re Elvis - like we speculated yesterday - there are more details coming soon that Elvis didn't do what he was accused of - however it may

Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043
      Mean that Elvis has to throw friends/relatives slightly under the bus. The car wasn't his and the gun wasn't his. There was another person

Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043
      In Elvis range rover. If that person came out of the passenger side and walked in front of the range rover the girl at Victoria secrets

Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043
      Would have a clear view if that person had a gun in their waistband she would not have that same view if the person got out the driver side

Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043
      I really do think the fellas around Elvis screwed up and Elvis didn't. However it's tricky because obviously Elvis is friends w these guys

Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043
      And THEY could be in big trouble

Hardly a reputable source, but still somewhat interesting.
      sigpic
      - ★ -
      2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

• Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
        Hypothetically-speaking, what if Elvis Dumervil thought that the cop asked him if he had a gun on him?

Cop: Do you have a gun [on you]?
        Dumervil: No, I don't [have a gun on me presently].

or................

Cop: Do you have a gun [generally speaking]?
        Dumervil: No, I don't. (A lie, regardless of whether he knew a gun was in the glove compartment of the Land Rover)

That might be an important distinction if instead of threatening a couple with a gun he was being charged with fibbing.

Comment

• one of the forum guys just told me about the possibility of doom facing 3-5 years
          sorry guys, he's always been one of my favorites from your team, and i liked him in college too
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
            one of the forum guys just told me about the possibility of doom facing 3-5 years
            sorry guys, he's always been one of my favorites from your team, and i liked him in college too
            As the details are emerging it seems more and more like this is really going to be much ado about nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              You have much fear. It does not bode well for our country to have fearful, armed citizens packing guns.
              I don't carry a gun on my person everyday, everywhere I go, but I do when I go into what I consider higher-risk areas. However, there is a loaded handgun inside my vehicle at ALL times. And it's not about fear, it's a tool, it's about being prepared. I've never had cause to use a gun in defense of myself or my family and I hope I never do. But make no mistake, I WILL defend either with deadly force if necessary.

The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to permit the conquered Eastern peoples to have arms. History teaches that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so.
              ---- Adolph Hitler, April 11 1942

You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one.
              ---- Rush Limbaugh

And my personal favorite.
              Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
              ---- Thomas Jefferson
              ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

• Just a reminder that this not the place for political debate about guns, we have a Politics and Religion section for those who want to discuss the merits of gun ownership and such so let's try and stick to Elvis and topics pertaining to this case. Thanks.

Comment

• lol.... just saw that linked on twitter....

Comment

• Originally posted by KoolBreeze View Post
                    I don't carry a gun on my person everyday, everywhere I go, but I do when I go into what I consider higher-risk areas. However, there is a loaded handgun inside my vehicle at ALL times. And it's not about fear, it's a tool, it's about being prepared. I've never had cause to use a gun in defense of myself or my family and I hope I never do. But make no mistake, I WILL defend either with deadly force if necessary.

---- Adolph Hitler, April 11 1942

---- Rush Limbaugh

And my personal favorite.

---- Thomas Jefferson
                    Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                    Just a reminder that this not the place for political debate about guns, we have a Politics and Religion section for those who want to discuss the merits of gun ownership and such so let's try and stick to Elvis and topics pertaining to this case. Thanks.
                    Sorry remedy but I've gotta commend Koolbreeze then we can head back on topic. This is an excellent post!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Remedy View Post

lol.... just saw that linked on twitter....
                      yea someone posted it above.
                      sigpic

Comment

As the details are emerging it seems more and more like this is really going to be much ado about nothing.
                        Florida authorities are done with celebs flaunting the law and people playing around with guns. Dumerville will become the latest example. The facts are stacked against him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                          yea someone posted it above.
                          awww never saw it. still hilarious. Thumbs up to whoever was quick on the draw unlike me.

Comment

• Originally posted by dork54 View Post
                            Florida authorities are done with celebs flaunting the law and people playing around with guns. Dumerville will become the latest example. The facts are stacked against him.
                            The facts? It's he said she said...The only "fact" so far is that doom had a gun in the car however there is very limited evidence so far based off the police record. Just the witnesses in the car at the Victoria secret worker and IMO their stories don't add up....Victoria Secret worker says someone was pointing again (meaning it was out and in his hand) the "victims" in the cars state that they had them in their pants and raised their shirts. So which was it? The whole thing just sounds a little fishy IMO.
                            sigpic

Comment

awww never saw it. still hilarious. Thumbs up to whoever was quick on the draw unlike me.
                              It's ok, we all know you are stuck on Canada time
                              sigpic

Comment

Just a reminder that this not the place for political debate about guns, we have a Politics and Religion section for those who want to discuss the merits of gun ownership and such so let's try and stick to Elvis and topics pertaining to this case. Thanks.
                                Sorry, I'll stop now.

I have my fingers crossed this works out in Elvis' favor but the reports don't look good to me. Plus Goodell is heavy-handed, so there is likely to be NFL ramifications unless he is totally exonerated. I doubt it will play out until next off season though. Anyway, I'll reserve my judgement until after all of the facts are in.
                                Last edited by KoolBreeze; 07-17-2012, 04:01 PM. Reason: typo
                                ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X