X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Like I said ... fear.
    Sam no offense but it's already been stated that this discussion belongs in P&R. Lets not get back on that topic again and keep to the topic at hand. Don't make Remedy coat you in maple syrup and feed you to the black bears eh?
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      Wait you mean there is more to the story? No way....I thought when people jumped to ridiculous conclusions it's because all the facts were out there....

This is why I've been saying the whole thread don't make judgments based off the fact that he's a black athlete and label him a gansta thug....

*does the responsible thing and waits for the facts to be sorted out by the authorities before passing judgement*
      I'm with you man.

Methinks this wouldn't be a problem if Dumervil was, say, Chris Kuper or Justin Bannan.

I by no means am trying to make this thread political, but I think the general motivation of some of the people posting about this topic has been clear.

I'm not advocating what Dumervil did. But some of the rhetoric has been HIGHLY inflammatory and reeks of racism.

I, for one, will wait until the facts come to light and the case is decided before I throw ANYONE (much less a player for my favorite NFL team) under the bus. It's the right thing to do.

EDIT: Mods, if this is out of line, let me know. But I don't think you can have read this thread and at least not see where my sentiment is coming from.
      Last edited by jonathanrivers; 07-17-2012, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
        I'm with you man.

Methinks this wouldn't be a problem is Dumervil was, say, Chris Kuper or Justin Bannan.

I by no means I'm trying to make this thread political, but I think the general motivation of some of the people posting here has been clear.

I'm not advocating what Dumervil did. But some of the rhetoric has been HIGHLY inflammatory and reeks of racism.

I, for one, will wait until the facts come to light and the case is decided before I throw ANYONE (much less a player for my favorite NFL team) under the bus. It's the right thing to do.
        I'm not calling a single person in this thread racist...but there are a lot of statements that feel very racist in nature... I'm not taking it any further than that...I've got a lot more I want to say but I'm going to bite my tongue too keep this from getting to P&R in nature...
        sigpic

Comment

I'm not calling a single person in this thread racist...but there are a lot of statements that feel very racist in nature... I'm not taking it any further than that...I've got a lot more I want to say but I'm going to bite my tongue to keep this from getting to P&R in nature...
          Same here, and agreed. I just want to make sure I'm not just imagining things.

We can move on now with the topic at hand.

I'm hoping the 911 recordings will help exonerate him. Doesn't sound like he was the center of the action.

Comment

Same here, and agreed. I just want to make sure I'm not just imagining things.

We can move on now with the topic at hand.

I'm hoping the 911 recordings will help exonerate him. Doesn't sound like he was the center of the action.
            Well if the 911 call implies that it was the "victim" who was actually pointing the gun, suddenly even if Doom did have a gun it could end up being more of a "stand your ground" situation. If nothing else now the testimonies don't line up at all...
            sigpic

Comment

• I think we should look at signing Andre Carter to provide some relief on the issue. Sure he isn't of Doom caliber, but not that bad either. Even if nothing happens this year suspension wide for Elvis, it's coming next year. His mindwont be right all year with this looming over his head. Who would be normal.

Comment

Well if the 911 call implies that it was the "victim" who was actually pointing the gun, suddenly even if Doom did have a gun it could end up being more of a "stand your ground" situation. If nothing else now the testimonies don't line up at all...
                Totally agree.

If it was someone from the impala that was waving the gun, that changes everything about what we knew of the case thus far.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jonathanrivers
                  Oh look. A bunch of morons still wanting to throw our second best defensive player under the jailhouse when the case hasn't even been decided yet.

Some of the folks posting the negative crap aren't even regular posters. People love to come out of the woodwork and offer their "expertise." The people I'm talking about know who they are.

Excuse me while I go throw up.
                  I don't think you are, but to be clear you're not referring to me right?

Only reason I thought you might be is the "expertise" part but I never threw Elvis under the bus just simply stated that as a gun owner I know how tricky laws towards guns can be and more specifically state laws for recognition of permits/licenses for a gun owner visiting their state, although I believe Florida encourages gun ownership and rights

Anyhow, just making sure you weren't referring to me because I too said wait till the case plays itself out, that's why we have a judicial system in the first place ...

Comment

• Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                    I don't think you are, but to be clear you're not referring to me right?

Only reason I thought you might be is the "expertise" part but I never threw Elvis under the bus just simply stated that as a gun owner I know how tricky laws towards guns can be and more specifically state laws for recognition of permits/licenses for a gun owner visiting their state, although I believe Florida encourages gun ownership and rights

Anyhow, just making sure you weren't referring to me because I too said wait till the case plays itself out, that's why we have a judicial system in the first place ...
                    No, no, no. You're good, man.

There are just a select few I've seen who have already indicted, convicted and sentenced Dumervil. I just don't think it's right.

I feel Dumervil should have never been in the situation and that it was dumb to put himself there. But I just want to make sure that all the facts come out first.

Exhibit A: The audio recording indicating the person in the Impala had a weapon.

If things go awry and it turns out that he threatened someone's life or what have you, I think he should face the punishment. But none of us are even sure what happened, and I'd like to give OUR GUY (some people forget that this is one of our best players...and it's disturbing that some people almost have a celebratory tone that he's in trouble) the benefit of the doubt.

You're good, bro.

Comment

• There is certainly more to come on this case but I would consider what the cop wrote down to be a better account than what the 911 call was all about. The police report did have the cops going after the Impala only to determine the Impala was the victim. They took the Impala people down at gun point too.

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, nobody wants bad for him. Its just looking at the police report certainly isn't a great account of Doom.
                      Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

• The 911 caller sounds like an idiot ...

After hearing that recording I think it really just confirms that there is a lot to figure out here and I think Doom will likely be in the clear
                        Last edited by #24 Next Champ; 07-17-2012, 06:35 PM.

Comment

No, no, no. You're good, man.

There are just a select few I've seen who have already indicted, convicted and sentenced Dumervil. I just don't think it's right.

I feel Dumervil should have never been in the situation and that it was dumb to put himself there. But I just want to make sure that all the facts come out first.

Exhibit A: The audio recording indicating the person in the Impala had a weapon.

If things go awry and it turns out that he threatened someone's life or what have you, I think he should face the punishment. But none of us are even sure what happened, and I'd like to give OUR GUY (some people forget that this is one of our best players...and it's disturbing that some people almost have a celebratory tone that he's in trouble) the benefit of the doubt.

You're good, bro.
                          Alright cool...n yeah, I couldn't agree more with ya

Comment

• What I don't believe is that out of all the cars stopped and surrounding them in the traffic jam that NO ONE saw anything other than the Greeter at Victoria Secret and the victims.

Where are the other witnesses? Maybe we don't want to know.

I just wish this would not have happened and people would just use their darn brains for once and realize that violence will get you no where. Protecting yourself is one thing but this is just ridiculous and easily preventable.
                            sigpic
                            Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                            2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                            2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                              What I don't believe is that out of all the cars stopped and surrounding them in the traffic jam that NO ONE saw anything other than the Greeter at Victoria Secret and the victims.

Where are the other witnesses? Maybe we don't want to know.

I just wish this would not have happened and people would just use their darn brains for once and realize that violence will get you no where. Protecting yourself is one thing but this is just ridiculous and easily preventable.
                              I think the whole story has sounded bogus from the get-go.

If the facts and situation were cut and dry, I would probably be disappointed in Doom. But something about this just doesn't seem right...which is why I'm trying to reserve judgement until the investigation is complete.

Comment

• Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
                                There is certainly more to come on this case but I would consider what the cop wrote down to be a better account than what the 911 call was all about. The police report did have the cops going after the Impala only to determine the Impala was the victim. They took the Impala people down at gun point too.

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, nobody wants bad for him. Its just looking at the police report certainly isn't a great account of Doom.
                                The cops just wrote down what the parties involved and witnesses told them. They weren't there, same as you and I. Obviously they felt there was enough to arrest/charge them but it will be up to the prosecutor and/or grand jury to decide if there is enough "evidence" to sustain the charge and indict them. But I agree that it does look bad at this point.
                                ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X