X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hutch2426
    replied
    Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    nah, not really. If they're a dumb redneck they probably already know it.

We need all of our players to have mega-hottie girlfriends that keep them out of trouble.
    No, it is still racist. If you are implying they are a redneck because of the color of skin. Now if you are simply saying in general reference to a person, it is not.
    Last edited by hutch2426; 07-18-2012, 08:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by ethanjano View Post
    from NFL.com

Denver Broncos defensive end Elvis Dumervil told The Denver Post that "the truth will come out" regarding his arrest on suspicion of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon Saturday night.

Dumervil was charged with the felony by Miami Beach police on Saturday after he and Andy Aguste allegedly showed guns to a couple involved in a traffic dispute with the pair.

Dumervil texted a simple message -- "The truth will come out," -- to the newspaper. The Post cited two sources close to the player who said he had not been carrying a gun. The sources also said that a gun that was confiscated by police was not Dumervil's, nor was the Land Rover which he was allegedly driving before the arrest.

The Post reported on Tuesday that police found and recovered a .40-caliber hand gun from the glove compartment of the Land Rover and found another gun in a Mercedes that Aguste had been riding in.

According to the Post, the Miami Beach police will focus on fingerprint tests on the weapons as part of its investigation, though a police spokeswoman would not confirm that.

The newspaper also reported that a 911 call was made regarding the incident, though the caller was not specific enough to definitively link Dumervil to a crime.
    My question is, how is it that the couple knew about the gun if it had been in the glove compartment the whole time?

Did they just guess and it turned out to be a good guess?

Leave a comment:

• theMileHighGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by hutch2426 View Post
    You do realize calling someone a dumb redneck is racist and stereotyping.
    nah, not really. If they're a dumb redneck they probably already know it.

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    If it was Decker people wouldn't be calling him a thug and a degenerate...They'd be calling him a dumb redneck with a gun...just sayin.

I'm not saying everyone who is calling him a thug is a racist (or really accusing anyone in this thread of it) but it's funny how peoples minds just jump to that conclusion when you hear a black athlete in Miami getting accused of something.
    We need all of our players to have mega-hottie girlfriends that keep them out of trouble.

Leave a comment:

• HEADCREEPS
    replied
    Yea but he told the police that there's was no gun in the car....now he was at a shooting range? He also said it wasn't his gun when they found it which is why he was arrested.

Shooting range? really?

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
    What redneck carries a .40 in their glove box? You guys are terrible at stereotypeing.....
    Ya they carry these don't they?

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanNC
    replied
    What redneck carries a .40 in their glove box? You guys are terrible at stereotypeing.....

Leave a comment:

• hutch2426
    replied
    If it was Decker people wouldn't be calling him a thug and a degenerate...They'd be calling him a dumb redneck with a gun...just sayin.

I'm not saying everyone who is calling him a thug is a racist (or really accusing anyone in this thread of it) but it's funny how peoples minds just jump to that conclusion when you hear a black athlete in Miami getting accused of something.
    You do realize calling someone a dumb redneck is racist and stereotyping.
    Last edited by hutch2426; 07-18-2012, 07:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    Unfortunately, Elvis is not a ninja.

It's easy to tip-toe around racism, but no one can honestly say that if this was two white guys we would be having the same issue. We'd still just be talking about camp and Peyton Manning, instead of a player and his friends who thought they'd be tough guys in traffic. My sincerest apologies if this offends you, but it's the god's honest truth.

Hopefully this thing gets squashed soon and we can get back to business.

Leave a comment:

• theMileHighGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by wayninja View Post
    I get accused and arrested for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon all the time. Rarely is the charge founded.
    Unfortunately, Elvis is not a ninja.

It's easy to tip-toe around racism, but no one can honestly say that if this was two white guys we would be having the same issue. We'd still just be talking about camp and Peyton Manning, instead of a player and his friends who thought they'd be tough guys in traffic. My sincerest apologies if this offends you, but it's the god's honest truth.

Hopefully this thing gets squashed soon and we can get back to business.

Leave a comment:

• jlhawkins9
    replied
    Can anyone answers these questions...

1 911 call said guy in impala had gun.. Did they find a gun in that car or she thought Doom was driving that car?
    2 who was 3rd person arrested?
    3 was doom traveling alone in car?

Leave a comment:

• Sync
    replied
    Not a typo....It's from Hot Fuzz (also Homer Simpson says it in an episode of The Simpsons)....It was entirely intentional and a nod back to earlier in the thread when judge judy was being discussed. It was a subtle joke on my part.
    I totally did not get the reference (although now you mention the Simpsons, it rings a bell)

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by sSync View Post
    Unfortunate, but funny, typo (I hope)
    Not a typo....It's from Hot Fuzz (also Homer Simpson says it in an episode of The Simpsons)....It was entirely intentional and a nod back to earlier in the thread when judge judy was being discussed. It was a subtle joke on my part.

Leave a comment:

• Sync
    replied
    And how do you know what the truth is? Where you involved? That's the point we are trying to make...You've already made your mind up as to Dooms guilt so it's a good thing you aren't judge judy and executioner...
    Unfortunate, but funny, typo (I hope)

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Legion509 View Post
    Exactly!

So Bronco fans that are siding with Doom, the victims are lying about two guns, yet the police recovered two guns, wow magical. They must have x-ray vision to see into the car. What a joke.
    Your guilty until proven innocent stance...that's a joke. I'm not saying it's not possible that he did what he's accused of and as far as I can tell no one in this thread is...all we're saying is quit jumping to conclusions

Wait for all the facts to emerge before you proclaim him a guilty thug and condemn him because if the truth comes out that the "victims" side of the story is fabricated you are going to look like a real ass for crucifying Doom before all the evidence was available.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by HEADCREEPS View Post
    Everyone has a right to they're opinion but I was simply pointing out a truth. You can spin this, but in the end Elvis is not going gain anything. Why a 28 yr old man with millions of dollars playing in the NFL needs to drive around with a gun and in a show of intimidation on the streets of Miami is absolutely insane.

Discredit someone that's trying to discredit the truth....im ok with that.
    And how do you know what the truth is? Where you involved? That's the point we are trying to make...You've already made your mind up as to Dooms guilt so it's a good thing you aren't judge judy and executioner...

The article below your post says the gun wasn't his. Maybe he wasn't carrying a gun at all... at this point I wouldn't take the testimony of the witnesses as fact because between the 911 call and the testimonies something doesn't add up, what if it comes out that the impala was in fact the aggressor and the one with the gun and when the cops got their they played innocent and said Doom and his buddy threatened them with weapons, if so then every who was so quick to be disappointed in him might feel a bit stupid. That's why it's dumb to make rash judgements of a person when all of the facts are not available. You simply cannot know the whole story if you were not involved.

Is it possible he did it? Absolutely but I'm not going to jump on the crucify the black thug carrying a gun bandwagon....I'm gonna let it play out and see what ALL of the evidence points to.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 07-18-2012, 03:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X