Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Fan coming to Foxborough *hopefully*....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Fan coming to Foxborough *hopefully*....

Hey guys,

Not got much time, but wanted a bit of advice, as usual.....

Long story short, my girlfriend's folks are paying for me and her to accompany them on a trip to New England. Apparently they've always wanted to see the trees in, as you say it, fall (is that right?). Always will be Autumn to me. Anyhoo.....the reason for posting, is I have had the best piece of news; the 2 week break just so happens to coincide with the Broncos playing the Pats <grin>

Now, a few questions on the back of this;

1.) I presume I could somehow get tickets for this
    2.) How do I get tickets? Should I just go to the Pats website and try and buy some, or do you folks have an away support scheme?

I know going to watch a Premiership 'Soccer' match over here is a bit risky, in the sense that if the wrong fan ends up in the wrong place, then you can get in serious trouble. Does anything like this ever happen in the States? Fans seems to mingle fine, and trouble seems a minimum, but could something happen? Should I not wear my Broncos jersey, etc etc?

Any info/suggestion would be much apprecaited.

Thanks guys

I watch the NFL London game every year, no matter who is playing (finally got to see the Broncos play, albeit in a loss), but I have always wanted to watch a game in the States. Ideally Mile High, but that will have to wait a few years, or if Manning's neck proves healthy, then maybe next year
    Denver Broncos Fan from UK

That's excellent mate, very happy for you, hope it's a safe and successful trip!
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Stub Hub is a good place to get the tickets.

http://www.stubhub.com/

Comment

Originally posted by marktippins1981 View Post
        I know going to watch a Premiership 'Soccer' match over here is a bit risky, in the sense that if the wrong fan ends up in the wrong place, then you can get in serious trouble. Does anything like this ever happen in the States? Fans seems to mingle fine, and trouble seems a minimum, but could something happen? Should I not wear my Broncos jersey, etc etc?
        I'm not expert on the stadium atmosphere there, but generally no it's not a problem. The NFL is very tame and corporate atmosphere for the most part. They don't even stand up the whole time. Every sits down in their comfortable stadium seats.

College ball, on the other hand . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
          Stub Hub is a good place to get the tickets.

http://www.stubhub.com/
          Yup, StubHub is the best place to get them. I actually got tickets for the Stanley Cup final and a bunch of regular season games for the Kings there, as well as baseball and basketball tickets there and it's always the cheapest place to get them.

Comment

Hey guys,
            Thanks guys
            Are you sure you are British & not American?

As for being an away fan - don't start giving it the big un' and you'll be fine. Just use a bit of common sense. When the Broncos score the late winning TD jumping around like a lunatic shouting 'SUCK ON THAT YOU NEW ENGLAND SLAGS' may not go down too well. By all means wear colors though. Just be cool about it...

Comment

They're pretty tame in Foxborough.

I'll actually be there for the game too, as my girlfriend's company has a corporate box. Daddy's gon' be drunk. The fans are alright as long as you don't get all up in their collective grill. Just be cool, baby.
              In Manning I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberHut View Post
                You were expecting him to refer to you as "chaps" and sign off with a god bless the Queen?
                sigpic
                - ★ -
                2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
                  I'm not expert on the stadium atmosphere there, but generally no it's not a problem. The NFL is very tame and corporate atmosphere for the most part. They don't even stand up the whole time. Every sits down in their comfortable stadium seats.

College ball, on the other hand . . . .

That's actually a huge misconception. College fans sit down just as much as NFL fans do.

I thought the same thing as you when I was in school but that is only because I sat in the student section. The student section in most stadiums are really the only ones who stand at college games. I've been to multiple games since college where I sat nowhere near the student section and everyone sits.

Except when defense is in 3rd and long of course.
                  sigpic

Comment

I went to the playoff game last year.

We parked and just walked over to some Pats fans with a fire and pretty much had fun from there on. They shared warm food (it was like -15 wind chill) and we hung out all the way till we split off for out seats.

You will get ribbed probably from how badly we got beat last time, but don't take it personal.

Some guys might look for a fight (Some drunk dude was trying in the restroom line) but if you just keep a level head you should be fine.

Some guy was even trying to say Elway sucked, but all the other Pats fans told him to shut up and that he was an idiot.

I got my tickets off eBay and I've never had a problem using eBay, but if you want the safest route use the ticket websites.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      That's actually a huge misconception. College fans sit down just as much as NFL fans do.

I thought the same thing as you when I was in school but that is only because I sat in the student section. The student section in most stadiums are really the only ones who stand at college games. I've been to multiple games since college where I sat nowhere near the student section and everyone sits.

Except when defense is in 3rd and long of course.
                      REALLY depends on which school you're at. Where were you?

I've seen plenty of people sitting (or in Boulder, outside the stadium entirely) at games, but I've seen rabid fanbases that stand the entire time too. Montana comes to mind, as does Michigan.
                      In Manning I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberHut View Post

As for being an away fan - don't start giving it the big un' and you'll be fine. Just use a bit of common sense. When the Broncos score the late winning TD jumping around like a lunatic shouting 'SUCK ON THAT YOU NEW ENGLAND SLAGS' may not go down too well. By all means wear colors though. Just be cool about it...
                        Eh? Because I said 'guys'? I think you'll find we use that as much as you. We invented the language, after all :p

I figured that would be the case anyhow, and that we'd be ok as long as we weren't overly vocal, which believe me we wont be. Us British tend to be more reserved than our counterparts across the pond I say 'usually', but then if you went to a soccer match you'd disagree.

I went to stubhub, and the cheapest tickets were $235 each. Wow! Is that normal? I was expecting to pay more like a hundred bucks for the cheap ones. Whatever the price, I am definitely going. I literally cannot wait

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post
                          REALLY depends on which school you're at. Where were you?

I've seen plenty of people sitting (or in Boulder, outside the stadium entirely) at games, but I've seen rabid fanbases that stand the entire time too. Montana comes to mind, as does Michigan.

I've been to Auburn's stadium both in and out of the student section multiple times. Been to Alabama's stadium and Duke's stadium. Duke didn't even have a student section and it was all Noles fans at the game sitting down having a good time.

Also I've seen plenty of fans on tv sitting regularly at the Big House.
                          sigpic

Comment

Eh? Because I said 'guys'? I think you'll find we use that as much as you. We invented the language, after all :p

I figured that would be the case anyhow, and that we'd be ok as long as we weren't overly vocal, which believe me we wont be. Us British tend to be more reserved than our counterparts across the pond I say 'usually', but then if you went to a soccer match you'd disagree.

I went to stubhub, and the cheapest tickets were $235 each. Wow! Is that normal? I was expecting to pay more like a hundred bucks for the cheap ones. Whatever the price, I am definitely going. I literally cannot wait

Manning vs Brady Rivalry renewed. You will always pay more for matchups like that. In fact you always pay more when high profile players come to town period.

You'll notice that on most teams stubhub pages that they will have 4-5 fairly priced games. Then you'll see where they have Manning and the Broncos coming to town and the tickets are more expensive. People are going to want to see Manning in action again this year. So those tickets will cost more.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                              Manning vs Brady Rivalry renewed. You will always pay more for matchups like that. In fact you always pay more when high profile players come to town period.

You'll notice that on most teams stubhub pages that they will have 4-5 fairly priced games. Then you'll see where they have Manning and the Broncos coming to town and the tickets are more expensive. People are going to want to see Manning in action again this year. So those tickets will cost more.
                              Makes me want Tebow even more. Or was that the same? Either way, I miss him

Comment

Working...
                              X