Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Kind of Offense Will the Broncos Have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Kind of Offense Will the Broncos Have?

With Tebow gone and Peyton Manning at the helm, what kind of offense will the Broncos run?
    Pass offense: lots of passes & multi-rcvr sets
    26.32%
    Balanced offense: Divided equally run/pass
    68.42%
    Run-heavy: mostly runs, with passes to keep drives alive
    3.51%
    Wishbone: Manning running it and running through defenses
    1.75%

Start here: http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...offense-part-1

2x2 sets (2 WR, 2 TE) most of the time with a pre-snap read and route concept adjustments. An effective but moderately used zone running game that also acts as the series basis for PAP.

Comment

An UNSTOPPABLE offense that scores points at will!

PFM yeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!

Comment

They'll be executing Mike McCoy's offense: Run run run punt.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

I voted balanced offense.

We will probably throw more than we run, but we won't abandon the run. I think this will be the best rushing team Manning has ever played for. Yes I know Edge was better than McGahee is now, but I mean we will run the ball more often than the colts ever did.

And that is how I would want it. If we fall behind, then yes, go nuts with Manning slinging it. But we are much more dangerous when the defense is guessing whether Manning will shred their secondary, McGahee will run it down their throat, or Hillman will catch one in the flat and take it to the house.

Omg I'm so excited for this season!!!

Comment

I have a feeling it will be 'balanced' I suppose..
            I don't think youll see as pass happy of an offence you've seen from manning in the past... I feel there will be a heavier emphasis on the run.

Comment

Certainly much more balanced than last year.
              Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Hoepfully we will be magicians in the Red Zone.
                Rockin Mile High Stadium on a fall Sunday - best place in sports

Comment

A balanced Offense. I think it will likely depend on the opponent though. I don't believe we will ever go totally one dimensional, but we will take advantage of what the D's weakness is. This year we should be able to do that with good capabilities in both parts of the O.
                  sigpic
                  2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

That or we will fool everyone and run a Triple option / wildcat with Peyton "crazy legs" Manning....

Comment

No...................
                      sigpic
                      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                        No...................
                        Party Pooper.

Comment

55/45 pass/run.

As others have said, probably depends on who they are playing and how the game is playing out.

Comment

The 2011 Broncos had the most sophisticated rushing attack in the league (as per John Fox) in that they ran more different kinds of plays from more formations than one team at any level in one season of which I am aware. It wasn't series-based enough for my taste, but impressive nonetheless.

For 2012, the Option series will be gone which will allow the offense, especially the OL, to focus on execution. McCoy likes multiple formations for running as well as passing. The Broncos traded for a FB which means they want one. If you have a FB, you are planning I formations. I agree with jonathanrivers that tight formations will be seen often as well; I think the Broncos will carry four TEs.

One formation McCoy toyed with in 2011 was the unbalanced line (tandem tackle over). It will be interesting if it is seen again. For the rushing attack, it is always interesting to see how the D lines up against it and which offensive linemen are uncovered.

McCoy also toyed with Bunch formations and it will be interesting to see if he and PM decide to pursue that concept.

PM will appreciate quarterbacking an O that already has a solid rushing attack. His ability to read defenses pre-snap will benefit the run game as well as the passing attack. Some of the greatest audibles Terry Bradshaw ever made were run plays.
                            Last edited by samparnell; 07-18-2012, 03:40 PM. Reason: proofing
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              The 2011 Broncos had the most sophisticated rushing attack in the league (as per John Fox) in that they ran more different kinds of plays from more formations than one team at any level in one season of which I am aware. It wasn't series-based enough for my taste, but impressive nonetheless.

For 2012, the Option series will be gone which will allow the offense, especially the OL, to focus on execution. McCoy like multiple formations for running as well as passing. The Broncos traded for a FB which means they want one. If you have a FB, you are planning I formations. I agree with jonathanrivers that tight formations will be seen often as well; I think the Broncos will carry four TEs.

One formation McCoy toyed with in 2011 was the unbalanced line (tandem tackle over). It will be interesting if it is seen again. For the rushing attack, it is always interesting to see how the D lines up against it and which offensive linemen are uncovered.

McCoy also toyed with Bunch formations and it will be interesting to see if he and PM decide to pursue that concept.

PM will appreciate quarterbacking an O that already has a solid rushing attack. His ability to read defenses pre-snap will benefit the run game as well as the passing attack. Some of the greatest audibles Terry Bradshaw ever made were run plays.
                              I was waiting for you to post in this thread so I could learn something today.

Comment

Working...
                              X