Ronnie Hillman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie Hillman

am i the only one jacked about this kids potential??? im thinking he will push Moreno out at some point. thoughts??

Was excited when we drafted him, I just can't wait to see him in action, could be an absolute steal
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

i hear u...hes fast as hell. morenos fumbles r gonna do him in. i see hillman having a kickass preseason, movin to #2 on the chart, and moreno on the trade block

Comment

I think Hillman's success will depend on how quickly he learns that he can't dance around in the backfield like he did in college.

Comment

Originally posted by elwayfanatic07 View Post
          am i the only one jacked about this kids potential??? im thinking he will push Moreno out at some point. thoughts??
          Im with u on this one! training camp is in a few days and i also cant wait to see this kid break defenders ankles!!
          sigpic

Comment

i hear u...hes fast as hell. morenos fumbles r gonna do him in. i see hillman having a kickass preseason, movin to #2 on the chart, and moreno on the trade block
            Even if Hillman plays lights out what is the benefit of trading Moreno? I believe he is a great fit for Manning's offense due to his pass protection and receiving/screen skills. Plus what is his trade value coming off a torn ACL and a DUI? Maybe a 5th round pick? If he is healthy he will stay on this team, plus his contract isn't high enough to justify cutting him simply for financial reasons.

How many backs will we carry...four? I don't really see Fannin or Ball being able to beat a healthy Moreno out for a roster spot. I agree that Hillman could easily unseat Moreno for the #2 spot, but I think Moreno could still be a very valuable player for this offense.

Comment

i hear what yer saying..but putting it on the carpet every 15 carries wont help his cause. if he can stay healthy n hang onto the rock, maybe ill change my opinion. till then...GOOOOO HILLMAN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                Even if Hillman plays lights out what is the benefit of trading Moreno? I believe he is a great fit for Manning's offense due to his pass protection and receiving/screen skills. Plus what is his trade value coming off a torn ACL and a DUI? Maybe a 5th round pick? If he is healthy he will stay on this team, plus his contract isn't high enough to justify cutting him simply for financial reasons.

How many backs will we carry...four? I don't really see Fannin or Ball being able to beat a healthy Moreno out for a roster spot. I agree that Hillman could easily unseat Moreno for the #2 spot, but I think Moreno could still be a very valuable player for this offense.
                If Moreno is still ineffective and another team loses a RB to injury, I believe Moreno can be had for a 4th or conditional pick. That's assuming Hillman is doing a good job of course.

Comment

i hear what yer saying..but putting it on the carpet every 15 carries wont help his cause. if he can stay healthy n hang onto the rock, maybe ill change my opinion. till then...GOOOOO HILLMAN!!!
                  Moreno had one fumble last year on 48 touches and has never had more than four fumbles in a season. That was as a rookie when he touched the ball 274 times. McGahee has had four fumbles in four separate seasons for comparison, which is not bad at all. Could Moreno improve his ball security? Absolutely. But I don't think it is fair to say he has a "fumbling problem". As far as turnovers go he is below the league running back average.

His inability to stay healthy is my biggest problem with Moreno. That is a much bigger concern.

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixDread View Post
                    If Moreno is still ineffective and another team loses a RB to injury, I believe Moreno can be had for a 4th or conditional pick. That's assuming Hillman is doing a good job of course.
                    It seems as though the value of an NFL draft pick is at an all time high and the value of an NFL running back is at an all time low. Look at the recent trades in the NFL...Brandon Lloyd for a 5th round pick, Brandon Marshall for two 3rd rounders, Demeco Ryans for a 4th round pick...those were all Pro Bowl players, do you really think Moreno would get similar value? More so than any other position, running backs are considered fairly replaceable in the NFL.

The last time I remember a RB being traded was Marshawn Lynch, and he went for a 4th and 5th round pick after a Pro Bowl and two 1,000 yard seasons in Buffalo (admittedly the off field issues hurt his value). The best comparison I can make is Keith Rivers being traded from the Bengals to the Giants. He was another high 1st round pick who didnt live up to potential and had some injury issues as I recall (yet he still started 33 games in 3 seasons). He went for a 5th round pick. I think that would be the absolute highest value we could get for Moreno.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                      Moreno had one fumble last year on 48 touches and has never had more than four fumbles in a season. That was as a rookie when he touched the ball 274 times. McGahee has had four fumbles in four separate seasons for comparison, which is not bad at all. Could Moreno improve his ball security? Absolutely. But I don't think it is fair to say he has a "fumbling problem". As far as turnovers go he is below the league running back average.

His inability to stay healthy is my biggest problem with Moreno. That is a much bigger concern.
                      I did the research before the 2010 season and only AP has more fumbles per touches then Moreno. He is a fumbler. Doubt 48 touches changed that much but if you really wanna go there dig up my research and add the 48 touches as I usually list all my numbers in my posts. BTW this was just fumbles lost and did not count the many times he fumbled and it did not count as a fumble lost. I remember two that went out of bounds and one that happened after he crossed the goal line off the top of my head. His ball security if AWEFUL specialy considering how few touches he has had.

IMO Hillman will obviously play over Moreno. Moreno just does not have the footwork or vision to be a starting NFL running back. Now if Hillman can not pick up blocking fast enough then I think we keep Moreno as third down back...which is what I said he would be best at in 2009 after watching him play 5 or 6 games btw. If Hillman shows he is a good blocker then I think he takes over that role and the 3rd and 4th RB will be decided by STs play.

Moreno is not gone yet but the writing is on the wall.

Back to Hillman...I think the sky is the limit for this kid but Moreno showed me there is ALLOT a NFL RB needs that is really hard to measure in college. IMO that is why so many good RBs are found outside the 1st and 2nd rounds. Hillman needs to show patience, vision and footwork that really can not be taught. He just has to have the mental skills to do it. If he does AND he shows he can run between the tackles then he can be special.

Regardless I do not want a main 30 carry a game rb anymore. We need a guy who gets around 20 carries a game and a guy who gets 10 carries a game or ideally two guys who get 15ish carries but usually the hot hand gets more carries.
                      Last edited by Hadez; 07-21-2012, 10:14 AM.
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

man it seemed like more than that. maybe they just came in key situations so it seemed that way.

im hoping they let Ronnie return punts in preseason. who knows maybe we have another Hester on our hands

Comment

Hillman for sure seems to have alot of potential, but one thing I've noticed about him from college is he's going to have to just run forward and not hop around the backfield looking for a hole as much. The only player in the history of the league to do it like that and be productive was Barry Sanders. Let me as this though...Am I the only one who remembers we still have Mario Fannin. I've been excited about him.
                          sigpic
                          Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
                          You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
                          You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
                          Have It All - Blu3
                          Conceited - Blu3
                          Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
                          All On You - Blu3

Comment

i dont know much abt Fannin...im
                            always up for some edumakashun lol! what do u see in him? what type back is he?

Comment

Originally posted by Foez View Post
                              Hillman for sure seems to have alot of potential, but one thing I've noticed about him from college is he's going to have to just run forward and not hop around the backfield looking for a hole as much. The only player in the history of the league to do it like that and be productive was Barry Sanders. Let me as this though...Am I the only one who remembers we still have Mario Fannin. I've been excited about him.
                              I remember Fannin too. If he is willing to play STs and does it well then he makes the roster imo
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                              X