Losing D.J. is going to be Huge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing D.J. is going to be Huge

Watching the Bears game from last year and Man DJ was all over the field in that game, losing him for 6 games is huge, if only he wasn't such a knuckle head.
    sigpic WHEC-724

this post + your sig = FAIL!! lmao j/k I think woodyard is going to step up in a big way. we'll be fine!

Comment

And Why wasnt Marcus Thomas brought back he is a solid rotational guy?
      Last edited by nickmeyer; 07-29-2012, 04:44 PM.
      sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Originally posted by biglenny View Post
        this post + your sig = FAIL!! lmao j/k I think woodyard is going to step up in a big way. we'll be fine!
        Lol na the sig was made when Tebow was traded, people were freaking out.
        sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

I figured I just had to point it out! .......I will also point out Woodyard was a great sub the last time dj got suspended. so again I think we'll be fine and Im excited to see him step up. which he will!!

Comment

Originally posted by biglenny View Post
            I figured I just had to point it out! .......I will also point out Woodyard was a great sub the last time dj got suspended. so again I think we'll be fine and Im excited to see him step up. which he will!!
            I agree Woodyard will step up but man if DJ wasnt such a tool he could be great.
            sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Btw Caleb Hanie sucked majorly in that game had he played better Chicago would of killed us.
              sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

ya he is kind of a man child! lol

Comment

Webber over Hanie PLEASE!
                  sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

We've lost DJ a few times over his career, we were fine then and we will be fine now.
                    Denver Broncos GM
                    Originally posted by Mosk
                    Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

God we should have lost 6:04 down 10 - 0 and we punt
                      sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
                        We've lost DJ a few times over his career, we were fine then and we will be fine now.

Ya I agree to a point but with DJ we are better, Woodyard is more than capable but if DJ would focus and do what he is suppose to he would be elite.
                        sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

It will be huge.....But DJ really showed the kinda guy/teammate that he is . But this is the best position for us lose the starter. This is about the only place that we really have quality depth. There will be a step down, but I think by the end of the suspension he will prove to be a better player. I was shocked that we were able to resign him for what we got him for.
                          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                            It will be huge.....But DJ really showed the kinda guy/teammate that he is . But this is the best position for us lose the starter. This is about the only place that we really have quality depth. There will be a step down, but I think by the end of the suspension he will prove to be a better player. I was shocked that we were able to resign him for what we got him for.
                            Finally someone that shares my opinion of the man and player. hoorah!
                            sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

People who don't think there is a drop off between D.J. and Woodyard are delusional.

Everything people chide D.J. for...not "making plays", making all his tackles after the back has penetrated the defensive backfield (which isn't true by the way...he has more tackles for loss in 8 years in the league than Al Wilson did), doesn't get interceptions, is average in coverage, can't get off blocks...Wesley Woodyard is the same player except a smaller, watered down version.

Woodyard's had years to take D.J.'s spot, but hasn't been able to for good reason. He's a backup.

That said, I think the staff having this knowledge will allow them to plan accordingly. It may not hurt us to not have DJ on the field, but that won't be because Woodyard is just as good. It will be because JDR/Fox will adjust the scheme to have Woodyard be a role player within a well-defined system that puts pressure on other guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X