Stokley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stokley?

I've been out of touch for a couple of days. I know Brandon Stokley missed the first practice b/c of the flu. Has he returned and how does he look if he is back?

From what i've gathered, he's showed chemistry with Manning and has been pretty solid so far. I actually expect him to make the team unless some sort of injury keeps him out for a good portion of camp.
    sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Thanks. Good to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton&Eli_fan View Post
        Thanks. Good to hear.
        A report from today's camp:

Later, Brandon Stokley continued to show he may have the best hands in camp, besting Chris Harris in tight coverage to hold onto a bullet from Manning.
        sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Yeah I just dont know how he can make the team......I guess if he wins the #3 spot, but there is no way you are going to take a #4-#6 WR that doesnt play special teams....
          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

No way he makes the team, micheal Lombardi said it a couple days ago, when you have old veteran players who look great in camp you have to realize there legs are gonna be gone in November and December
            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
              No way he makes the team, micheal Lombardi said it a couple days ago, when you have old veteran players who look great in camp you have to realize there legs are gonna be gone in November and December
              possibly. but if he is utilized in the right context he could be a very solid weapon. i can definitely see stokes line being something like:

3 catches 2 first down conversions 31 yards and 2 of those catches are within 7 minutes to play being a possession catch to ice the game or move the chains for a winning drive.

there is not much hurt to keep him and call his # when he is really needed. a vet in the wr core is a good thing, and especially a vet who has the chemistry and knowledge he does with our QB/system (let's face it it's going to basically be PM's system). he doesn't need to play a large chuck or minutes to be very effective and last the season. if he stinks, cut him and get someone else in there. last time i checked, lombardi or any of those guys don't own a crystal ball.

Comment

He looked good on Saturday, made some nice moves.

Comment

He will make the team, I have no doubt about it. If anyone thinks freaking Matthew Willis will make the team over Stokely then you've lost it.

Comment

And you put the best 53 on the roster, the best 45 on game day.

If his legs are shot by November/December, move him down the depth chart. With the way the schedule starts off, we need all the help we can get. And if last year taught us anything, it's that the number of wins count as much in the early/mid season as much as the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                      He will make the team, I have no doubt about it. If anyone thinks freaking Matthew Willis will make the team over Stokely then you've lost it.
                      Your #4/ #5 wide receiver HAS to be able to contribute on special teams. Matthew Willis plays on all coverage teams and is also working as a punt returner. Stokley won't be kept over Matthew Willis if Willis secures the punt returning job.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                        Your #4/ #5 wide receiver HAS to be able to contribute on special teams. Matthew Willis plays on all coverage teams and is also working as a punt returner. Stokley won't be kept over Matthew Willis if Willis secures the punt returning job.
                        Idk... Maybe it's just me, but I would rather have a veteran presence in the Locker Room and a sure handed go to receiver on 3rd down, than a punt returner who isn't even good at that....

Comment

Idk... Maybe it's just me, but I would rather have a veteran presence in the Locker Room and a sure handed go to receiver on 3rd down, than a punt returner who isn't even good at that....
                          Well according to the wr Willis is a lockerroom leader and is the leader in the film room, plus Willis is our best gunner and is GREAT on kick coverage so he is most likely to be kept over stokley
                          A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Matthew Willis had the highest catch percentage of all our wide receivers last season, FYI.

He's good, just underutilized. I will kiss your smelly feet if Brandon Stokley is kept over Matthew Willis. Deal?

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

How many WR's will make the 53 man roster? I think Stokley definitely makes the roster if PM has any influence. Stokley is reliable and would be a great thrid down WR out of the slot IMO.
                              www.nrlhub.com NRL HUB

Comment

Working...
                              X