Stokley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Stokley will make the team, and who cares if he can't play ST's.

Decker, Thomas, Caldwell, Stokley, and after that is anyones guess.

Could just go to 2 QB's, and carry an extra spot for ST's elsewhere.
    They don't have to go with 2 QBs!

I keep saying this but nobody pays attention. Last year they had SIX WRs on the roster because Eddie Royal was the KR and he was a WR.

This year they will either keep 6 CBs or 6 WRs and it will depend on whether Patrick Willis or Omar Bolden emerges as the #1 KR. Right now in camp Willis has clearly been better than Bolden (who as I mentioned) has been royally chewed out by the special teams coach who actually sprinted about 30 yards onto the field to yell at Bolden.

Bolden COULD certainly emerge by the end of the pre-season as the #1 KR, but right now, I wouldn't bet on it.

And if WIllis IS the KR, then clearly they need an extra roster spot for a WR and will just go with 5 CBs like last year. (The five CBs are probably already a lock: Champ, Porter, Florence, Chris Harris and Bolden). I don't think the Broncos are so high on Ramzee Robinson, Syd'Quan Thompson, Tony Carter or Joshua Moore that they would keep any of them as a 6th CB instead of adding another WR so that they can have 5 WRs plus a KR (who happens to be a WR).

Who would you rather keep? Brandon Stokely or Syd'Quan Thompson? If you said Thompson, you flunk! Manning just hit you on the head!
    Last edited by Cugel; 08-03-2012, 06:02 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Been reading this thread with interest, only because it bears on the final roster.
      IMO we will see very few plays utilizing the slot receiver. We will be using a lot of 1 rb 22 personnel,
      or 2back 12 personnel sets, no place for a slot except in 2nd and very long or possibly long goal to go situations. We" ll see about this in the preseason, by the types of plays called. Until then it's all just an entertaining arguement.

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
        Yeah I just dont know how he can make the team......I guess if he wins the #3 spot, but there is no way you are going to take a #4-#6 WR that doesnt play special teams....
        I guess this will end all the Stokely won't make the team comments.

http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=802...n-roster-spot-

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
          I guess this will end all the Stokely won't make the team comments.

http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=802...n-roster-spot-
          No, it doesn't put an end to it. The only thing that'll confirm whether Stokley made/ did not make the final roster is once the 53 man roster is set (obviously).

As of now, my prediction still stands: Brandon Stokley will not make the roster as a #4/ #5 receiver who doesn't contribute on special teams. We'll see whether I'm right/wrong come September.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

If so, his presence will greatly benefit the receiver corps. His Dad was a coach. Maybe he'll become one, too.

Frank Tripucka joined the the Broncos in 1960 as a coach and ended up as QB for four years.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
              No, it doesn't put an end to it. The only thing that'll confirm whether Stokley made/ did not make the final roster is once the 53 man roster is set (obviously).

As of now, my prediction still stands: Brandon Stokley will not make the roster as a #4/ #5 receiver who doesn't contribute on special teams. We'll see whether I'm right/wrong come September.
              As it stands "Stokely is safely on the 53 man roster,that's the part that was quoted.The only way he don't make the roster is if an injury occurs.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                As it stands "Stokely is safely on the 53 man roster,that's the part that was quoted.The only way he don't make the roster is if an injury occurs.
                Shhhh!
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                X