No announcement yet.

Any info on Nate Irving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a BTV highlight video I saw Nate up against Manning's first team, so maybe Nate is up there splitting reps.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by Cackalacky B View Post
      I heard he looked good yesterday. Some players just play better in games. He has the natural instincts to get to the ball. Mays has stone feet and deer in the headlights reaction time in coverage. Looking forward to seeing Irving in pre-season. BTW I would wait to make my "pathetic" judgments on a player until I saw them on the field for a substantial amount of time.
      From what I have been reading mays has been straight balling in camp and has even taking over for Woodyard in the Nickle defense, everything I'm reading says mays has taken another big leap in his ability on the field
      A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
        From what I have been reading mays has been straight balling in camp and has even taking over for Woodyard in the Nickle defense, everything I'm reading says mays has taken another big leap in his ability on the field
        He took a big leap last year, there was no reason not to expect he wouldn't make another one this year.
        I'm really happy with Mays starting for us. His play has been improving ever since he arrived in Denver.
        sigpic
        - ★ -
        2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

He has stiff hips

Comment

Originally posted by Sync View Post
            He took a big leap last year, there was no reason not to expect he wouldn't make another one this year.
            I'm really happy with Mays starting for us. His play has been improving ever since he arrived in Denver.
            How bad was he if he can make two big leaps? Can't wait to see him play this week.
            Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
              How bad was he if he can make two big leaps? Can't wait to see him play this week.
              I read he has been much improved in his anticipation and he has been sticking in the back pocket of our TE in pass coverage so he seems much improved
              A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakka27 View Post
                I haven't read that Irving has been a disappointment anywhere...
                It isn't an opinion. It's a fact. The Broncos drafted Irving, tried to work him into the starting lineup last year and saw him become irrelevant. He played LESS as the season went on.

Then in the off-season the Broncos elevated Joe Mays, who is not exactly Brian Urlacher out there to starter and gave him a 4 year, $4 million a year contract.

That's starter money. Money talks and B.S. walks.

Hence we can conclude that Joe Mays is starting ahead of Irving this year and probably for years to come, and we can conclude that in the opinion of John Fox Mays is the more valuable player. That could change, but there's no sign of it yet.

IF Irving starts playing great football this regular season then Joe Mays might become expendable next off-season. But, so far that hasn't happened.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
                  I've been reading that Trevathan was getting 1st team nickel work and today was getting 1st team looks all the way. I also read the undrafted guy Johnson was moving up the depth chart. I'd say that is bad news for Irving and Muhammed.
                  That's true. The Broncos are really trying to see how good Trevathan can be in the pre-season. The reason is obvious.

That position is hopelessly weak with D.J. out for at least 6 games (and he's got further legal troubles down the road that could result in a year's suspension).

His backup is Wesley Woodyard who is a career backup. And behind Woodyard there is absolutely nobody. Total and complete scrubs: Elliot Coffey? Jerry Franklin?? Not going to make the 53 man roster.

The Broncos are desperately hoping that Tevathan can fill in the gap behind Woodyard and not suck for 6 games, long enough to get them D.J. back.

And they need to get him ready, and that means giving him every chance to be the backup WLB by getting him as much experience as possible.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                    He has stiff hips
                    I know, you tweeted that about 1,000,000 times during your SAFAMH twitter updates

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Let's see what #56 can do in Chicago on Thursday. That could provide some baseline for discussion.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                      X