Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Manning effect the running game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naturally the run game won't be as prolific with PM this year, but what matters is the timing and effectiveness of the runs that are called. PM's short passing game (hopefully) will be strong enough to count as run plays, even without much run after catch. If you were to track them, it would seem most likely to balance out the stat sheet at the end of the season.

Comment

He will contribute by having 9 rushing TD's.

In all seriousness, the dude is an offensive coordinator out there. He knows when to run it or not.
      sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
      Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

A balanced offense is key to keeping opposing defenses on their heels. The only team that could get away without running the ball is the Packers, but that caught up to them in the playoffs.

Comment

In Manning’s last three active seasons as Indianapolis’ QB, the Colts finished 29th, 32nd and 31st in yards rushing. With that said, the Colts were a much more pass-happy offense than the Broncos will be in 2012.

We will not be running the ball 546 like we did last year; but I think situational running situations for first downs will be much more attainable with Manning at the helm. I dare a D-coordinators to stack 8 and 9 in the box against Manning, the way did against Tebow.

Comment

Tough to say at this point, so many variables to consider such as: will our qb and rbs stay healthy? So much hinges on what our o-line does this season. We could see a record setting season offensively this year with a little luck. With the guys we already had and our offseason aquistions we have the talent to put up ridiculous numbers. As far as our running game goes I'm guessing we'll see less carries but more yards per carry.
            /Users/stevennelson/Desktop/130104092350_rex-ryan-tattoo.jpg Jets!Jets!Jets!

Comment

Working...
            X