Scrimmage this Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Canmore View Post
    What about depth? Excuses are for losers. I know who was missing, but this was against the second string! Not acceptable from what I am hearing.
    Ayers was play 2nd String... sorry but he's a beast... he can beat any 2nd string OT in the game guaranteed.
    sigpic
    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
      Ayers was play 2nd String... sorry but he's a beast... he can beat any 2nd string OT in the game guaranteed.
      I actually like Ayers, but I would hardly call him a beast. Was it Robert who was beating up on the first string offense and if so, who did he beat. That is what I would like to hear, who was giving up pressure?
      sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
        I wasnt there but my best guess would have Ayers matched up with clark(franklins sub) also i dont know but perhaps wolfe played some second string as well
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Has anyone uploaded any videos of the practice? Can't believe 42000 people were there
          Denver Broncos Fan from UK

Comment

Originally posted by Canmore View Post
            Just what I and every Broncos fan want to hear. Did anyone look decent? Was it the usual culprits, Walton and Beedles? Not thrilled about Gronkowski either? Can anyone block?
            You know who looked good? Manning. And Decker. And DT. And the secondary. And Trevathan. And Hunter.

There's the list.

I thought Ozzy did alright too. Not great, not that bad. Mostly just timing issues. Hanie looked effin' awful.
            In Manning I trust.

Comment

A few keynotes from yesterday's Summer Scrimmage

I'm sure plenty of these are out, but like the rest of the record breaking 40.000 fans who attended the Broncos Summer scrimmage, I had a few key notes on our players! Enjoy

The fun:

I took my brother to Scrimmage for his birthday and personally I got the autograph of

Brandon Stokely
              Lance Ball
              Knowshon Moreno
              Kevin Vickerson
              Matthew Willis
              Zane Beadles

And he hit the jackpot with an autographed ball from

Von Miller
              JDR
              Stokely
              Kevin Vickerson
              Knownshon Moreno

----------------------------

Big Vick is a heck of a guy.

He as well as Knowshon, actually stopped and took the autograph for a good 90% of the ferocious roaring fans who lined up on the ramp. Heck of a guy those two. Really cared to take the time to show them all.. Big Vick's wife? Very pregnant.. but dang.. she's pretty.. wow.. *drools*

----------------------------------------------------------

Player Notes

Willis McGahee-

Say what you want.. Man is still a baller. Saw a stiff arm worthy of Jerome Bettis. Chris Harris wasn't too appreciative of it.. but man it was good.

Looks good out of his bursts, and keeps his feet churning. Just like last year.

Andrew Caldwell-

Didn't see a whole heck of a lot of him, but he made some beastly catches. I expected this to be just a depth pickup, but once the flow of the game starts going, he's just as good a threat as another reciever on the field. In the practice he also caught a 60+ yard nuke that was right on the dot from #18

Eric Decker-

The #18 to #87 connection was few, but right on the mark every time. Decker caught a touchdown in the corner of the endzone, and made it look like Wes Welker did it. This combo will be deadly. Man looked good.

Demaryous Thomas

Man's route running could use that touch. But definately quite a threat. Uses his physical ability to get to the ball as expected. You can tell the chemistry is not quite 100%. But it'll happen. Man looked crazy fast in practice as well.

Brandon Stokely-

Seemed to struggle getting open, however he made a remarkable diving catch. The faith our QB has with the guy is definately sky high. And I can see why. Of the few balls he was able to get open for, he made it happen.

Caleb Hanie-

I may get burned here but I was completely not impressed. Hanie seems to have degressed from where he was a year ago. I really wanted to puke every time he dropped back. I can see him walking by season's start.

Adam Weber-

A little rough around the edges. A huge improvement over Hanie, but wasn't able to lead any sort of a drive. Wasn't sure if his accuracy is whats hurting him, or if he's getting over excited and throwing too early. Wasn't able to seal the deal, even on the shorter passes.

Brock Osweiler-

You hear it a lot.. but the dude is big in person. He towers over the line, and I can see the advantage. No doubt about it it that he should be the number 2 QB. The arm strength is definately there. He can nail the short passes. But like Weber, when it comes to the longer ball, I'm not sure if accuracy is suffering (slightly) of he he's getting excited. But he does make a few overthrows. I can't wait for this kid to touch up a few raw aspects. He'll be good!

Peyton Manning-

The one most of you are waiting for.. Man's still got it. I dont care what anyone says. The short passes. Beautiful. Medium length passes, done. the long ones even look pretty. All I can say is PFM. No doubt about it there is definately some diminished velocity. But that could be any number of things. Ranging to whether or not he's feeling up to it or if he didn't want to stress out that much on his arm and neck during a scrimmage.

Knowshon Moreno-

Well shaped, looks fit and strong. Its evident that he had some time off the field. Its going to take a lot for him to earn position. But I've got my faith. If he can stay healthy he'll be fine

Dumervile / Miller-

It was very clear they were focused more on run stop than pressuring the QB. And for that being said.. I am very glad I am not Lance Ball, or Knowshon Moreno.. they got popped.. Hard.

Ryan Clady-

Really ticked off a lot of fans but rushing passed them with a giant burrito in his hands instead of signing autographs.. but dang.. that was a huge burrito..

Comment

Thanks for the keynotes, DenverMike.....I didn't stick around for the autograph session, a bit too hot in the stands for my taste. My daughter and I were in the South Stands about 6 rows up from the goal line...awesome view!

Didn't see Knowshon though....got some pics of the RB's working out together, Lance Ball, McGahee, Jeremiah Johnson...didn't see #27

Got some great pics of Manning as well as the rest of the QB crew. Osweiler is incredibly tall! Towers over Manning, too!

Thanks for the post.
                Last edited by FLBroncFan; 08-05-2012, 08:54 AM. Reason: added pic
                sigpic
                2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                  Caleb Hanie-

I may get burned here but I was completely not impressed. Hanie seems to have degressed from where he was a year ago. I really wanted to puke every time he dropped back. I can see him walking by season's start.
                  The Caleb Hanie fanclub around here has less than zero members so you probably don't have anything to worry about.

Thanks a lot for the report! Well done!
                  Winter is Coming!

Comment

Weber's problem stems from being too short, I think. I really think he's only about 5'11".

Hanie's problem is from sucking too much. Guy is terrible. I hope he gets cut, as I don't even want him to be an option if something happens to Manning. "But he's the only guy with starting experience at this level." What's better: terrible starting experience, or youthful inexperience? I'd say it's a wash, so you might as well get the young fella in there.
                    In Manning I trust.

Comment

Wasn't Manning 4/8 yesterday and 0/2 on deep passes and only 50% on passes under 10 yards? That's what ESPN reported last night
                      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

ESPN reported that Manning was 0/2 on deep balls (over 15 yards) and 50% (or worse) on short throws (under 10 yards) is this true?
                        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                          Ryan Clady-

Really ticked off a lot of fans but rushing passed them with a giant burrito in his hands instead of signing autographs.. but dang.. that was a huge burrito..
                          Made me laugh.
                          sigpic
                          - ★ -
                          2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                            ESPN reported that Manning was 0/2 on deep balls (over 15 yards) and 50% (or worse) on short throws (under 10 yards) is this true?
                            His short throws were overthrown a little but I wouldn't say it was that bad.

and that should be 1/2 on deep balls. He missed demaryous deep due to a solid play by Harris.

The other deep was a bomb to Caldwell for 6

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                              I wasnt there but my best guess would have Ayers matched up with clark(franklins sub) also i dont know but perhaps wolfe played some second string as well
                              from what I saw Wolfe played mostly 1st string DT. he got some combo pressure on the QB with DOOM.

Al of the QBs were under a lot of pressure, that was nice to see.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                                from what I saw Wolfe played mostly 1st string DT. he got some combo pressure on the QB with DOOM.

Al of the QBs were under a lot of pressure, that was nice to see.
                                see i am torn on what i want to happen..If the offense dominates then ppl are worried bout the D. If the D gets constant pressure than we are worried bout the O-line...
                                Follow me on twitter. @mattryan_onair

It will be awesome to see the orange crush return to denver. Bruising Defence, unstoppable offence.

Comment

Working...
                                X