Scrimmage this Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
    You don't know what is being scripted yet you describe an event that sounds like you knew what was scripted... Doesn't sound too subjective from that post.
    The defender stopped and looked at the ball while it was being caught. He actually kind of got out of the way.

Feel free to ask anyone that was there. It was a completion to the left hash on what I wanna say is like the 40ish yard line.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Weren't Franklin and Kuper missing or didn't play, that may have been one reason why the OL struggled....

Good to hear Hunter keeps doing well.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        I don't think the NFL compiles individual player stats from preseason games. If anyone knows a site where they are compiled, I would like to know. If they aren't compiled, it's because they are meaningless.
        NFL.com does.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/player?seas...=PRE&Submit=Go

Comment

• Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
          I was there, and here are a few of my observations:

1) Our 1st string offensive line was man-handled. Badly. The didn't provide much protection for Peyton Manning, and if they don't significantly improve, Manning is going to get crushed.

2) Our linebackers are quick! Woodyard, Trevathan, Mays, Miller, and even Nate Irving made some attention-grabbing plays.

3) Rahim Moore is playing much more physical. When he unloaded on TE Anthony Miller and brought him down solo, I was very impressed (Miller goes 6-4, 260 lbs)

4) Weber, Hanie and Osweiler struggled big time. They'll need to make significant strides during preseason to become dependable backups for Manning.

5) Willis McGahee! Call me crazy, but he's going to be BETTER than last year. The guy looked great on a few plays (most notably that stiff-arm on Drayton Florence).

6) Jason Hunter deserves to be on the 1st team and Robert Ayers deserves to be on the 2nd team. Hunter was just playing like a mad-man out there. He wants that starting position.

7) Gronkowski is a terrible lead-blocker. He got rag-dolled several times by linebackers and even cornerbacks!

8) The Dreessen/ Tamme combo is going to be extremely lethal this coming season. Book it.
          Originally posted by Canmore View Post
          I actually like Ayers, but I would hardly call him a beast. Was it Robert who was beating up on the first string offense and if so, who did he beat. That is what I would like to hear, who was giving up pressure?
          Mitch Unrein, Robert Ayers, Kevin Vickerson and Jeremy Beal crushed our 1st string offensive line. Chris Clark was subbing for Orlando Franklin, and he got schooled by Beal, Ayers, and even Malik Jackson.

It's also evident that Chris Kuper is not 100% yet. He got bull-rushed backwards several times. I saw JD Walton get rag-dolled by Kevin Vickerson also.

Clady held up against Robert Ayers, and Zane Beadles did his best to hold up against Mitch Unrein. But the pressure came from the interior and from Chris Clark's side.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
            Case in point, Manning threw a ball that was an obvious pick in real time, but the defender let the play happen.

You don't know what's been scripted.
            I saw that too. It was Syd'Quan Thompson. That ball was going to the house if Squid wanted to, but he let the wide receiver (I think it was Willis) catch it.

sigpic

Comment

• From what I keep reading, looks like it's going to be another frustrating year with JD Walton as our center.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                From what I keep reading, looks like it's going to be another frustrating year with JD Walton as our center.
                I think you're right. JD Walton has proven to be a replaceable, mediocre talent at best. Hopefully he steps it up here in his 3rd season.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...enver-broncos/

There’s no way around this, J.D. Walton is the worst center in football. Bad as a rookie (-16.3), Walton was literally twice as bad in his sophomore season (-32.9), casting him adrift at the bottom of our center rankings by a distance. Walton surrendered four sacks on the year and his 23 total pressures allowed tied him for the second-worst mark in the league for centers–a particularly bad note for a player in the middle of the line that often gets help. One of the reasons the Broncos found everything an uphill battle on offense was the play of the interior, which was at its worst in the very middle in the shape of Walton. They need a major upgrade regardless of who is at center.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                  I was there, and here are a few of my observations:
                  4) Weber, Hanie and Osweiler struggled big time. They'll need to make significant strides during preseason to become dependable backups for Manning.
                  I agree that Weber and Hanie didn't look good (although Weber scrambling out of the pocket and running for a gain was impressive, Hanie just flat out missed his targets) Oz only threw one errant pass and was able to at least move the ball down the field. Keep in mind, Manning threw once pass that got tipped for in INT.
                  Last edited by Robnhud; 08-06-2012, 08:38 AM. Reason: i kant speel
                  2012 Adopt-a-Bronco: Brock Osweiler

Comment

• Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                    I'm assuming you guys aren't on Verizon... It was the first time in my life that I've had good reception at the stadium during a Broncos event...
                    Verizon here! LOL Maybe because we were in the back rows of section 319 (in the shade thank god) that our signal was blocked?
                    2012 Adopt-a-Bronco: Brock Osweiler

Comment

Working...
                    X