Soft Training Camp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    I don't attend camp but based on Manning's interviews, it seems like Peyton isn't really happy about the new rules. Nor is Fox even though he will follow the rules.

I think it really sucks that rules are in place to keep a team from out working other teams.

The good thing is that all teams have to follow these rules so it's not like it's unfair.
    The Quarterbacks don't get hit regardless in camp, so I can see why they don't like the new rules.
    sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
      I remember reading Ronnie Hillman saying college training camp was harder
      Yeah, his former teammate Miles Burris who's now with the Raiders says the 2 adays in college were definitely harder anf physically demanding

Comment

Originally posted by rogue719 View Post
        At the same time, how many players have we lost in the past five seasons because they sustained a season ending injury in training camp and weren't available during the season at all? I agree that they need to work hard on conditioning, but I cringe at the thought of losing a key player in a nothing practice.
        Why practice at all? Why not just have walk throughs?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
          I don't attend camp but based on Manning's interviews, it seems like Peyton isn't really happy about the new rules. Nor is Fox even though he will follow the rules.

I think it really sucks that rules are in place to keep a team from out working other teams.

The good thing is that all teams have to follow these rules so it's not like it's unfair.
          Veteran teams are at an advantage. They don't have as much need for 2-a-days and padded practices. Teams with new coaches, systems, or a young core of players suffer the most.

I can see how it would hurt our team more than, say, the Chargers. The Raiders are installing a new offense so it doesn't help them much either.
          "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
            The Quarterbacks don't get hit regardless in camp, so I can see why they don't like the new rules.
            I assume you meant to type "can't see why" they don't like the new rules. Manning actually LOVES to practice. If he were in charge and there were no union rules to contend with, he'd probably have everybody working from dawn till dusk (or until everybody collapsed from exhaustion) so it's probably good that he doesn't have that power. He doesn't like the new rules because they further restrict the number of repetitions he can get. He has been successful in the past because, with enough practice, he can throw the ball to reach an exact spot in an exact number of seconds after the snap. The receiver needs to be able to reach that same exact spot in the exact same number of seconds, every time. The less reps they both get together, the less likely it is that that will happen and the likelyhood of an incomplete pass or interception increases.

Comment

Apparently coaches got little or no input in the new CBA. Whether that's good or bad depends on one's point-of-view.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
              X