Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is Ryan Harris?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where is Ryan Harris?

    It's embarrassing that Chris Clark is our backup at RT.

    He was overly bad today and reports throughout camp confirm that his feet are rooted to the ground. Defenders go right around him.

    Ryan Harris has had his injury problems but, as a backup, he should provide far more value as insurance behind Franklin.

    Chris Clark was just as pathetic when we got a glimpse of him last Preseason. What do coaches see?

  • #2
    Don't hate Clark so much, he is a decent option. You have to remember who Clark is going up against, Von Miller. Not the easiest task.

    I do wish I could hear more about Harris though.
    Denver Broncos GM
    Originally posted by Mosk
    Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
      Don't hate Clark so much, he is a decent option. You have to remember who Clark is going up against, Von Miller. Not the easiest task.

      I do wish I could hear more about Harris though.
      Clark was playing against the #2 D. So he was going against Ayers?

      Anyways reason why staff likes Clark is because he is athletic enough to be a 3rd TE in run situations and goal line. From my understanding Harris would be flirting with being deactivated on game days. But that is just speculation at this point.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Maybe they are testing Chris Clark. I believe Ryan Harris will get some playing time with the 2nd-team offense during preseason.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          I wonder if Harris is still as good as some remember him being. Hasn't he had back surgery and other ailments?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
            Clark was playing against the #2 D. So he was going against Ayers?

            Anyways reason why staff likes Clark is because he is athletic enough to be a 3rd TE in run situations and goal line. From my understanding Harris would be flirting with being deactivated on game days. But that is just speculation at this point.
            If Chris Clark was the backup, and Franklin got injured, he would be playing with the 1st team. Now I'm assuming that #1 offense plays primarily against the #1 defense, but it's not like Ayers is a slouch anyway. He is solid by all means.
            Denver Broncos GM
            Originally posted by Mosk
            Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
              It's embarrassing that Chris Clark is our backup at RT.

              He was overly bad today and reports throughout camp confirm that his feet are rooted to the ground. Defenders go right around him.

              Ryan Harris has had his injury problems but, as a backup, he should provide far more value as insurance behind Franklin.

              Chris Clark was just as pathetic when we got a glimpse of him last Preseason. What do coaches see?
              Have you actually seen any TC practices, or are you just going by random reports? Harris looked fine in the practices I was at. He won in the pit drill as often as anyone outside of Clady and looked good in 11 on 11's as well.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
                I wonder if Harris is still as good as some remember him being. Hasn't he had back surgery and other ailments?
                This ...from what I've at least heard ...he's not the same Ryan Harris who was looking like one of the best RT's in the game in '08 (rather obvious I guess) but point is he's been bad (according to reports)

                Comment


                • #9
                  i listened to cecil lammey's radio show today and he said that chris clark has been one of the surprises in camp and that ryan harris has been non existent. he said he thought ryan would have took over the job but he hasnt emerged yet and that last year clark had no footwork but this yr the light has come on for him, atleast thus far in camp. though i cant comment on what he did at the scrimmage bc i wasnt there but thru camp clark has held his own according to reports

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by killacal View Post
                    i listened to cecil lammey's radio show today and he said that chris clark has been one of the surprises in camp and that ryan harris has been non existent. he said he thought ryan would have took over the job but he hasnt emerged yet and that last year clark had no footwork but this yr the light has come on for him, atleast thus far in camp. though i cant comment on what he did at the scrimmage bc i wasnt there but thru camp clark has held his own according to reports

                    Wierd cause reports I have raid including Khans who is usually always right on things has R. Harris holding his own. Hell I have raid a few reports that had Harris stonewalling Miller..

                    I heard that at the scrimmage yesterday the 2 D was giving the 1st string O-line hell.. I wish someone could pass some info on who was getting destroyed yesturday.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The problem with having a injury prone player as 2nd string at any given spot is your taking a risk that you are going to end up being third string at that spot.

                      Ideally you want a healthy backup not a injury prone backup who is likely to get hurt in the same game your 1st string guy went down leaving you with a third stringer in there.
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by killacal View Post
                        i listened to cecil lammey's radio show today and he said that chris clark has been one of the surprises in camp and that ryan harris has been non existent. he said he thought ryan would have took over the job but he hasnt emerged yet and that last year clark had no footwork but this yr the light has come on for him, atleast thus far in camp. though i cant comment on what he did at the scrimmage bc i wasnt there but thru camp clark has held his own according to reports
                        Funny, because Lammey wrote this in his training camp blog days ago:
                        Proof that Ryan Harris should be the starting Right Tackle? He beat Von Miller in the pit – TWICE. Harris has the athleticism to shadow Miller and the size to absorb any punch, swim, rip. He was also able to redirect the very fired up Jason Hunter right out of the play. It was like Tai Chi watching Harris uses Hunter’s own momentum against him. Just walked him right out of the play, great stuff here.
                        http://forums.footballguys.com/forum...c=647898&st=50

                        Cecil should read his own ramblings every now and then.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          No matter what, the wrong decision will be made, if Harris is the best option he will get cut. These guys have no clue how to evaluate players, none whatsoever!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                            No matter what, the wrong decision will be made, if Harris is the best option he will get cut. These guys have no clue how to evaluate players, none whatsoever!
                            ^^^Insinuating that Manning wasn't a better option than Tebow. Lol.

                            Why are you trying to hard to troll? It's lame.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
                              ^^^Insinuating that Manning wasn't a better option than Tebow. Lol.

                              Why are you trying to hard to troll? It's lame.
                              Why is everything about PM? If not for the fact that Elway has been in charge only a year I question the reason a few players are still on the team and none of them are PM.
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X