The One preseason thing I miss post-Tebow era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The One preseason thing I miss post-Tebow era

That is hearing how great Kyle Orton is looking in practice. Throwing darts. Hitting everything that he wants. How determined he is to be the starter (NOT win).

I'll miss hearing people and analysts (to be distinguished from actual people) declaring he's one of the bets QBs and this year he'll show how great he is. His camp numbers are phenomenal.

Of course that was never game situation or with someone who was really going to hit him OR with anything real on the line.

I miss hearing a mediocre uncompetitive QB turned into some amazing overlooked QB. OR how important it is that you have a QB who just takes what's there and doesn't try to create.

Oh well....I'm glad we have Peyton Manning! Hopefully everyone can see he's better than both Tebow or Orton. But if you compare what was being said about Orton last year it's probably more glowing that even what's being said about Manning lol!
    John and TD should get their own wing in Canton.

I will miss neckbeard's lovefest for Orton.

Comment

Originally posted by since1977 View Post
      That is hearing how great Kyle Orton is looking in practice. Throwing darts. Hitting everything that he wants. How determined he is to be the starter (NOT win).

I'll miss hearing people and analysts (to be distinguished from actual people) declaring he's one of the bets QBs and this year he'll show how great he is. His camp numbers are phenomenal.

Of course that was never game situation or with someone who was really going to hit him OR with anything real on the line.

I miss hearing a mediocre uncompetitive QB turned into some amazing overlooked QB. OR how important it is that you have a QB who just takes what's there and doesn't try to create.

Oh well....I'm glad we have Peyton Manning! Hopefully everyone can see he's better than both Tebow or Orton. But if you compare what was being said about Orton last year it's probably more glowing that even what's being said about Manning lol!
      Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
      I will miss NECKBEARD'S lovefest for Orton.
      I think I hear footsteps....

Comment

lol guys! Another thing I miss compared to other years is ANY QB debate. It's kind of like the 90s. We CAN argue backups though and hopefully they get heated and nasty when arguing Hanie or Osweiler.

Comment

lol guys! Another thing I miss compared to other years is ANY QB debate. It's kind of like the 90s. We CAN argue backups though and hopefully they get heated and nasty when arguing Hanie or Osweiler.
          Our Backup could be Orlando Franklin for all i care right now hahahaha PFM!! :-) That being said I think Brock will ultimatley be the back up once the 53 man roster is done.
          sigpic

Comment

Don't worry bro, I got you.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...p-observations
            ** Kyle Orton was on fire with six touchdown passes. He had three to undrafted WR Tim Benford and one each to Dwayne Harris, Cole Beasley and Donavon Kemp. He could have had two more if Harris held on to a red-zone throw and if Kevin Ogletree was able to get his feet inbounds by the back of the end zone.

Comment

Originally posted by The Irish View Post
              Lolll made me laugh

Comment

Originally posted by The Irish View Post
                Hilarious! Lol.

I wonder what Cowbow fans think about Orton right now. Did anyone warn them yet?

Comment

I actually think Orton will make an excellent back up QB. He's not got the mindset to be a starter. I don't know what it is but he gets so stale and predictable

But if he has to go in for Romo (which he will) He will likely do very well. Without the pressure of being THE STARTER maybe he can get out of his own way and be the QB he always wanted to be. Obviously he has real skills as a passer. He just cannot rely on them to always be there when he calls on them - but as a back up, I bet he's finally going to be in the right state of mind to do his job and not have to worry about all the other stuff that goes with being a team's starting QB.
                  The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Can we instaban anyone who actually types the name formerly associated with #8?

Comment

It feels weird not having a QB controversy anymore around these parts
                      sigpic

Comment

Don't miss him, or the small cadre of fans that posted a bazillion times about how great he was.
                        sigpic

Comment

The thing that is scary is we could be right back to having to go through bad quarterbacks like Orton and Tebow straight after the Manning era unless we get really lucky. Osweiler is a player I like and he has big potential however in saying that the chances of him turning into a great, franchise quarterback is small.

However for the present we are so lucky to have Manning. No more usless endless debates about who is the best of the worst and analysing every last little thing from trips to unofficial team workouts to the use of a certain word over another in an interview.

This however all could have been prevented if the biggest idiot in Denver Broncos history (Josh Mcdaniels) had just came in and kept the franchise quarterback (Jay Cutler). Imagine the draft resources which could have been saved since then in trying to find a franchise quarterback.

- 2010 2nd Round Draft Pick
                          - 2010 3rd Round Draft Pick
                          - 2010 4th Round Draft Pick
                          - 2012 2nd Round Draft Pick

Comment

I also miss Tebow.

Hahaha, just kidding! I don't miss Tebow at all!

I'll say this for Orton: He didn't ask to be traded here, didn't complain when he got boo'ed, and deserved far better than what he got from our fanbase. No, he wasn't the quarterback we wanted, but he was the quarterback we deserved at that point.

Flame away.
                            In Manning I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post
                              I also miss Tebow.

Hahaha, just kidding! I don't miss Tebow at all!

I'll say this for Orton: He didn't ask to be traded here, didn't complain when he got boo'ed, and deserved far better than what he got from our fanbase. No, he wasn't the quarterback we wanted, but he was the quarterback we deserved at that point.

Flame away.
                              LOL...outside of his lack of desire for winning...you're spot on. Except he's only a backup and he's the QB McDaniel's deserved...not the fans. We didn't trade for him either or ask for him to be traded here!

Comment

Working...
                              X