Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manning getting "layed out" vs the Bears?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manning getting "layed out" vs the Bears?

What does everyone think? I'm not too worried about Manning taking any shots this Thursday, he wont be in that long. And there is too much respect on the Bears D side for Peyton. Plus it's preseason. Regular season, I would expect them to come full boar.

What i'm more concerned about is the Seahawks and 49ers, due to Pete Carroll getting the cold shoulder when they wanted to talk to Manning and Jim Harboughs persute to watch manning. Lets be honest, he wasnt sold on Alex Smith.

Could they try and nick Manning up to just make a point?

I'm not too worried about it cause Peyton needs to take hits over the course of the season anyway. I hope they let up a bit in preseason so he's eased into being hit. Regardless that big hit is going to come sometime this season and he needs to be able to hold up to it.

Comment

Honestly I think the best thing for Manning would be to take a nice clean shot that puts him in the dirt. It would reinforce the fact that his neck is fine and probably be a confidence booster for him and the team. I seem to remember an article where Manning even mentioned this though I could have been dreaming.

Found it -

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8...-manning-talks

Originally posted by VADER72 View Post
      What does everyone think? I'm not too worried about Manning taking any shots this Thursday, he wont be in that long. And there is too much respect on the Bears D side for Peyton. Plus it's preseason. Regular season, I would expect them to come full boar.

What i'm more concerned about is the Seahawks and 49ers, due to Pete Carroll getting the cold shoulder when they wanted to talk to Manning and Jim Harboughs persute to watch manning. Lets be honest, he wasnt sold on Alex Smith.

Could they try and nick Manning up to just make a point?
      Last edited by DarkHorse26; 08-06-2012, 11:57 AM.
      sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Wouldnt he be "laid out"
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
          Wouldnt he be "laid out"
          Not if he's eating potato chips.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

LMAO, my bad

Comment

Remember how Kyle Orton used to protect the ball and stop looking downfield when someone came after him?

Expect Peyton to do this. He didn't take many huge hits in Indy and won't now.

Comment

I think denvers oline will protect peyton pretty good. Im sure theyll be even better since they wont have to worry bout whats goin behind them like they did with tebow. Peyton snaps the ball and gets it out right away.

Obviously hell take some shots at some point, but hell be fine

Comment

I'd rather Peyton not do much of anything until the actual season starts. I want his fantasy value as low as possible.

Comment

I wouldn't be opposed to watching Peyton hand off a few times, make 1-2 throws to RB's in the flat, then grabbing his ball cap and laughing it up with Elway on the sidelines for the rest of the game.

Honestly, for preseason, I want to see Os as much as possible.

Comment

The bears got some good players through the draft and through free agency, but im not convinced theyll do anythin with it. To me, the bears are like the cowboys or the chargers, they have talent but never seem to to far.

I CANT WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START ALREADY!!!!

Comment

Peyton Manning is the Dan Marino of this era in their similarity when it comes to a quick release. He aids himself greatly in that way and with the current rules that were made to protect the QB will only help him. However, I think our offensive line is not yet up to the task of the right pass protection (maybe last year's games with Tim Tebow has aided in their lack of pocket pass protection discipline), so Manning will probably be hit and hit the dirt. As long as he is not injured, this could be a good reassurance to him (and all onlookers) while the offensive line gets back to good pocket protection. This preseason is important in getting everyone acquanted with Peyton's style of play which includes a lot of self-discipline.
                        SmilingJack

Comment

Peyton will have to take some hits anyway, and I think he will be fine. The issue is the recovery of his arm strength, not his neck. And he can get rid of the ball before you can say "Bears."
                          sigpic

Comment

I think the Bears need to be more worried about Cutler facing off against Wolfe Von Doom!!

Comment

The bears will blitz whether it is P. Manning or C. Hanie lining up under center. The cards were blitzing Brees the very first series, and did you see all of the blitzes the saints did on Kolb, who eventually got knocked out of the game?
                              The bears will be coming and the Broncos o-line better be ready.

Comment

Working...
                              X