Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wait What? Curtis Martin is HOF material and TD isn't? WRONG.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait What? Curtis Martin is HOF material and TD isn't? WRONG.

Seriously the Hall of Fame tells the history of the NFL and players who were sginificant. TD Was a 2000 yard rusher and a Super Bowl MVP. Now what exactly did Martin do?

Rush for 14,000 yards and 90 TD's. And added another 3,000+ receiving yards and 10 more TD's.

While I agree TD should be in don't go arguing against other deserving players without a valid argument.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DieHard View Post
      Seriously the Hall of Fame tells the history of the NFL and players who were sginificant. TD Was a 2000 yard rusher and a Super Bowl MVP. Now what exactly did Martin do?
      He helped change two franchises for starters...

Comment

LOL ok 14,000 yards. Changed two franchises yeah the Jets got better...

Comment

Originally posted by DieHard View Post
          LOL ok 14,000 yards. Changed two franchises yeah the Jets got better...
          You're laughing this off? His 14,000 rushing yards is 4th all time behind only Emmit Smith, Walter Payton and Barry Sanders who are all Hall of Famers.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            You're laughing this off? His 14,000 rushing yards is 4th all time behind only Emmit Smith, Walter Payton and Barry Sanders who are all Hall of Famers.
            we have a homer alert!

WEE WOO WEE WOO
            sigpic
            -------

Comment

10 straight 1100 yard seasons.

Dude was a monster. I love TD and all, but Curtis "My Favorite" Martin deserved the hall.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Yea. TD may be the greatest postseason back, but he had like.... 2 good years. His career was way too short.
                :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                sigpic

Comment

Sorry, it wasn't 10 1100 yard seasons straight. I stand corrected.

One of those 10 years he had 1094.
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                    Yea. TD may be the greatest postseason back, but he had like.... 2 good years. His career was way too short.
                    4 good years but yes way too short. I think he will get in one day perhaps as a senior. But no reason to discredit Curtis Martin who was very consistently good for over 10 years.
                    sigpic

Comment

TD will never get in the hall of fame, IMO. His career was just too short.

If you want to go on a mission to get a Bronco in the hall, do us all a favor and start with Randy Gradishar.
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

TD is the most productive postseason RB ever. He's a 2000 yard rusher. He's a superbowl MVP. If it wasn't for a freak accident, he could have broken all sorts of records.

What's amazing, is he was the best in the playoffs - under the brightest lights, against the strongest opponents.

I'm glad a few Broncos are starting to get in, but TD should have been in ASAP. I'd take his career over Martin's anyday. It was shorter, but he accomplished more in that time. I'd take his career over Tomlinson's as well.

TD got the hardware. He was unstopable, and the more important the circumstances, the stronger TD got. Martin got good numbers for a longer time period, but IMO accomplished less.

Comment

TD deserves to be in the Hall, in my opinion. But so does Martin. You can't trash one guy's credentials while trying to build up someone else's. There's room for both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by vannestjc View Post
                            TD deserves to be in the Hall, in my opinion. But so does Martin. You can't trash one guy's credentials while trying to build up someone else's. There's room for both of them.
                            I agree, but to me TD is more worthy than Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                              That is a good point. Floyd Little was fifth all-time when he retired, and nobody on here would argue against him. So, you can't argue against Martin, either, even though TD is even more deserving.

Comment

Working...
                              X