is brookings temporary fix ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is brookings temporary fix ?

until DJ comes back or will he play full season?

I think he plays full season, but not as a starter unless we get injuries to the LB corps. But he should provide depth and leadership, we will have to let the season play out to see what he actually provides.

Comment

i agree VonDOOM but with his knowledge would he help? or will time catch him and make him a weakness ?

Comment

Any 36 year old former Pro-Bowler is a temporary fix by definition.

Comment

Brooking is here to provide practice and pre-game leadership, and decent depth. That's about it.

That said, I don't think there's any negative aspect of having him here, provided we don't rely on him significantly.

Comment

ok but with dj missing time would he help in middle in leadership role or fall flat?

Comment

can he cover tight ends or slot wr ?

Comment

Originally posted by faith is blind View Post
                ok but with dj missing time would he help in middle in leadership role or fall flat?
                Joe Mays is our middle linebacker, so Brooking would provide depth for him.

Woodyard would be in DJ's spot.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
                  Brooking is here to provide practice and pre-game leadership, and decent depth. That's about it.

That said, I don't think there's any negative aspect of having him here, provided we don't rely on him significantly.
                  I have no clue why people automatically assume that Keith Brooking is going to make the final roster. He's no lock. His abilities are in steep decline and he doesn't contribute on special teams.

He was brought in as competition for Mike Mohamed, and it's conceivable that Brooking could show worse in training camp than Mohamed.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Last time Brooking played in a 4-3, he was the weak side LB.

Comment

said he would play sp teams. dont think he would of came ifv didnt believe he had a spoy

Comment

Seems like the Broncos try to get a seasoned veteran in each position group.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

No he is not a temporary fix, because he has nothing left. He is not fast, he can't cover, and he isn't that good against the run anymore. He won't play special teams. I don't understand this signing. Here's to hoping he proves me wrong.
                          Denver Broncos GM
                          Originally posted by Mosk
                          Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

fox said he looked good in workout

Comment

Originally posted by faith is blind View Post
                              fox said he looked good in workout
                              Fox says everbody looks good in workouts. That means nothing.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Working...
                              X