Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what is your opinion of Elways performance so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a matter of fact, all I ever said is that I'd rather have Cassius than Chris Gronkowski, and that Drayton Florence is old and sucks, which he does, he sucked when he was young I don't care how tall he is. Cass was probably about 6 feet and he's young and a special teams player. This team is getting stacked with old guys who don't.

People sure have gotten good at putting words in mouths that aren't theirs.

Thursday could dramatically improve my grade. Of course it could also go the other way.

...and delete your abbreviation.
    Last edited by theMileHighGuy; 08-08-2012, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Elway gets an A from me.

Although I wish we could have kept Tebow in a different role, he landed us Peyton Freaking Manning. I guess I can settle for a HOF QB instead-LOL

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
        Elway gets an A from me.

Although I wish we could have kept Tebow in a different role, he landed us Peyton Freaking Manning. I guess I can settle for a HOF QB instead-LOL
        Congrats on my favorite username ever

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
          Congrats on my favorite username ever

Thanks man-

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
            IMO he's gotten an A thus far. John Fox, Von MIller, and Peyton Manning are all home runs. Player Contracts & free agent acquisitions seem to be pretty solid too IMO getting guys not for a ton of $ who can make an impact such as tamme and dreesen. This grade could change though based on drafting. We don't completely know how the last two drafts will pan out, outside of Von Miller.

Early indications though seem to be great from this year, and I think we are in good hands.

MCD left a mess though with a roster that didn't have much talent on it from top to bottom. I think the Defense this year will be astronomically better than it was 2-3 years ago, and I'm pumped. The offense should be much better too obviously with PM at the helm.

Even if we finish 9-7 this year, that's steady improvement every year, especially considering the brutal schedule we are facing.

I agree with everything said, but do think we win 10-11 games this year.

Comment

You guys giving them a C on a 2012 draft when we haven't even played a preseason game yet is laughable.

If Derek Wolfe plays 10 years for us at DT, If Hillman is a Darren Sproles type, and if Brock is the next franchise QB for this team after Manning, then the draft is an A plus. These all are things we won't know right away, thus grading it is silly.
              Last edited by BluenOrnge4Life; 08-08-2012, 07:11 PM.
              sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                You guys giving them a C on a 2012 draft when we haven't even played a preseason game yet is laughable.

If Derek Wolfe plays 10 years for us at DT, If Hillman is a Darren Sproles type, and if Brock is the next franchise QB for this team after Manning, then the draft is an A plus. These all are things we won't know right away, thus grading it is silly.
                Just an opinion. Of course we cant judge it until a few years down the road. We all know that.
                Having said that, are you giving him an A as of now?

Is that based on all of those players you listed turning out great?

Ok, that is as absurd as me or anyone assuming that only a few will pop and most wont.

My confusion is based on trading out of the first round and not getting more picks.

We will see 3 years from now.

Comment

Gotta give him an A

This franchise was in complete disarray under mcd.

Elway has brought stability and positive direction back to the franchise
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Orangeisback View Post
                    Just an opinion. Of course we cant judge it until a few years down the road. We all know that.

Ok, that is as absurd as me or anyone assuming that only a few will pop and most wont.

My confusion is based on trading out of the first round and not getting more picks.

We did get another pick for trading out of the 1st. We just used it to move back up and get Hillman.

Comment

You have to give Elway an A. He took over an organization that was in COMPLETE disarray after the McDummy fiasco and has turned it completely around in two short years.

We are now heading in the right direction again and it is obvious that Elway has Bowlen behind him and his decisions. He has hired some good coaches, drafted some good players, and got one of the NFL's greatest QB's to come to Denver.

Yeah he has made a few minor mistakes along the way but he is still learning and now he has got the team working on all 12 cylinders and his foot is on the gas pedal.

With Manning here it is going to be a lot easier now for us to get some good Free agent players and it is only going to get better.

I look forward to where he is taking this team and I am certainly going to enjoy the ride...........
                      sigpic
                      Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                      2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                      2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Orangeisback View Post

Apparently you're not understanding very well.

Read my original response to the thread. Personally, I think giving out draft grades before a game is played is ridiculous, premature, pointless, etc. That's why I don't do it.

It usually takes YEARS to fully judge a draft.
                        sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Well we were coming off a 4-12 year and now are going into the season as the defending division champs with a playoff win under our belts and Peyton Manning as our qb

Quite the turnaround we have made since he took over

I think he has done a great job thus far
                          Seems like he has done a good job of assembling a knowledgeable coaching staff
                          Love having Fox and Del Rio taking over the defense

We will see how good he is at drafting, but so far I have been impressed with everyone else he has been able to bring in

Comment

Gotta give an A, he has completely change the team around and I believe it is headed in the right direction.

Comment

I'd give him a B+. He has definitely made some absolutely fantastic moves. And others I haven't liked how he has handled as much. I am giving him a meager B+ not for what he has done right or wrong but for the risk he has used when making these deciscions.

Risk; Possible or Actual Outcome
                              We cut Orton too early; we lost the Chiefs game and allowed Romeo (who I think is a good coach) to help him get the job, and to top it off lost the comp pick we would have received had Orton walked in free agency.
                              We started talking to Manning; we could have whiffed and lost out on both Manning and Tebow like the infamous Cutler/Cassal debacle.
                              We traded Brandon Lloyd for peanuts; Tebow could have had better weapons and an easier road to the playoffs.
                              We didn't put enough emphasis on DTs last season; we may have not gotten Bunk if not by pure luck who was a big part of our defense and Tebow's win streak.

Now obviously it has all worked out to the best so far, but we may not be so lucky in the future and the worse thing for a new gambler is instant victory.
                              Denver Broncos GM
                              Originally posted by Mosk
                              Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by Grad53 View Post
                                I remember reading the boards right after Elway was hired and there were comments all over both positive and negative. Well it is 2 years later, the Broncos won the division, and are competitive once again.

I for one, am happy with the job that has been done so far because of the following;
                                1. Hiring Fox - a supposedly inflexible head coach, showed plenty of fliexibility changing the offense to support Tebows skills last year.
                                2. Last years Draft. Drafted Von Miller despite everyone saying it should be DL. Also two safeties that ended up starting at some point during the year.
                                3. Bringing in Manning - so Tebow wasnt his guy, but if he was going to trade him without rioting in Denver, you better get Manning or Brady.
                                4. This years draft - unkown thus far, but promising with Wolfe/Oz/Hillman. There are those who say we gave up too much for what we got, but I say, who knows outside of the front office who was targeted and at what price. Besides the draft is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get.
                                I think he has done a fine job overall. Some mistakes along the way, but everyone makes mistakes from time to time. Everyone does, no exceptions. But in this case, John has made a lot more good decisions than bad ones, that's for sure.

The outlook of the team now from what it was when he took over, it's like 2 completely different franchises. I for one, am excited about the direction this team is going. Not just in the next year or two, but down the road too.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X