Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what is your opinion of Elways performance so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I give him a B as of now.

He hired a good coach in John Fox, even though I wish we could've landed Harbaugh, I'm pleased with Fox's moves and results so far.

They're doing an "okay" job drafting players. Significantly better than other regime, but I still think there's room for improvement. When you get the number 2 overall pick, it's hard to miss, unless of course your name is Al Davis. Outside of Miller the 2011 Draftees disappointed me a little. I was hoping Moore and Nate Irving would make an impact, specially since we didn't really have a very talented defense. I'm glad Carter stepped up, but I think there's still a lot of room for improvement for him and Franklin as well. Also, I'm a little disappointed that the TE's didn't see the field at all and were beaten by (in my opinion) below average TE's in Dante Rosario and Daniel Fells, maybe because of all the hype they were getting and everyone calling JT the next Antonio Gates, but I think EFX missed on those picks, they're 4th and 7th rounders so it wasn't a huge loss but you still want to hit on most of the picks you have. I hope most of these kids from the 2011 class can improve significantly in their sophomore years and step up now that we have a more solid team all around.

I won't say anything on the 2012 class since we haven't seen them play a down of professional football yet.

As for Free Agent acquisitions, I think they're trying to do a good job, hopefully we don't end up like the Eagles due to the lack of chemistry between all these players and the limited amount of time they've been given to meet and build that chemistry needed on the field.

I think the best thing they've done are the undrafted free agents signings though. They've done a great job with these kids.

If we can get better results than last year, I will be happy.
    Last edited by FabrizioHC; 08-08-2012, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FabrizioHC View Post
      I give him a B as of now.

He hired a good coach in John Fox, even though I wish we could've landed Harbaugh, I'm pleased with Fox's moves and results so far.

They're doing an "okay" job drafting players. Significantly better than other regime, but I still think there's room for improvement. When you get the number 2 overall pick, it's hard to miss, unless of course your name is Al Davis. Outside of Miller the 2011 Draftees disappointed me a little. I was hoping Moore and Nate Irving would make an impact, specially since we didn't really have a very talented defense. I'm glad Carter stepped up, but I think there's still a lot of room for improvement for him and Franklin as well. Also, I'm a little disappointed that the TE's didn't see the field at all and were beaten by (in my opinion) below average TE's in Dante Rosario and Daniel Fells, maybe because of all the hype they were getting and everyone calling JT the next Antonio Gates, but I think EFX missed on those picks, they're 4th and 7th rounders so it wasn't a huge loss but you still want to hit on most of the picks you have. I hope most of these kids from the 2011 class can improve significantly in their sophomore years and step up now that we have a more solid team all around.

I won't say anything on the 2012 class since we haven't seen them play a down of professional football yet.

As for Free Agent acquisitions, I think they're trying to do a good job, hopefully we don't end up like the Eagles due to the lack of chemistry between all these players and the limited amount of time they've been given to meet and build that chemistry needed on the field.

I think the best thing they've done are the undrafted free agents signings though. They've done a great job with these kids.

If we can get better results than last year, I will be happy.
      Give him an A. We were 4-12 and the laughing stock of the league after McDaniels. We earned the number two pick in the 2011 draft, we were road kill. I seriously thought we were years away from just respectability. We made the playoffs last year and even had a playoff win. The drafts are still early, so we shall see how well they turned out. As far as free agency, I have only a couple of qualms and they are pretty minor.
      sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

I would give him an A overall.

Posititives:

- The complete change of culture. Anyone knows whether it is in a business or sports team it is hard to do. And the previous culture here under Mcdaniels was terrible. And John Elway made all the right moves to create a positive culture again. The hire of John Fox is one of the biggest reasons for the change. And the way ex Broncos are now welcomed to practise is great. The way coaches are now made available to the media is great. When Mcdaniels was here everything was a secret and you couldn't here from anyone but him and some players.

- The signing of John Fox. This was a huge move. As I said he is one of the biggest reasons for a culture change. He is a great NFL coach and a huge upgrade to Mcdaniels. He does everything right. He allows his coaches to coach. He puts his player in the best possible position to succeed. He is the same everyday according to the players and they know what they will get from him. He gives his players confidence.

- He has added a lot of talent to the team and got rid of a lot of bad players. The way he convinced Champ Bailey to re-sign was great. This is a move so many people forget. As soon as Elway took over he locked up Champ Bailey. And everyone thought he would walk. But he didn't. Other players added includes Peyton Manning, Willis Mcgahee, Brodrick Bunkley, Joel Dreesen, Jacob Tamme, Tracy Porter, Von Miller, Chris Harris, Quinton Carter, Orlando Franklin, Derek Wolfe, Brock Osweiler, Ronnie Hillman and many other draft picks which have a lot of potential.

- The two drafts were solid. Added young talent to the team and a variety of positions. The 2011 draft got very good immediate impact and the 2012 draft looks to be good for down the road. But the main point is that non of the players drafted outside of Mike Mohomad look to be cut as of yet. So that is a good sign.

- Trading away Tim Tebow. This was a good move and was the right one. He was gone either way but to get rid of a bad quarterback prospect and his stupid crazy fans was great. And I think it took some of the stupid homerism out of some Denver Broncos fans. But some of the brainwashed continue to be. Anyway. A good move for the team and the player.

Negatives:

- Trading away Jabar Gaffney. Silly move. Got nothing of any quality in return. He would have been a good target for both Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow last year. And he wasn't making that much money either however it was a salary dump I beleive.

- Cutting Kyle Orton and risking letting him go to a team which could have hurt us. He didn't play very good against us but I would have rathered faced Tyler Palko or whatever his name was. Not a horrific move but a risky one. I suppose it was Elway giving Orton a chance to help his career.

- Drafting certain players over others at certain points was not good. Obviously that happens every year but I think some better draft picks could have been made. In both years.

- Tradng away Cassius Vaughn for Chris Gronkowski. I didn't like it and despite it being a very minor move it was better off not happening. However not going to act like someone was killed like some did when it happened.

Overall:

You weigh up those positives against those negatives and the positives far out weigh the negatives. I question anyone who gives a mark lower then a B. Because honestly if you just look at where the team was from when he took over to now. From the Josh Mcdaniels era to now. You cannot say his performance has been anything less then B worthy. And if you do I question your understanding of football and this team.

Comment

People probably should stop posting threads asking for other peoples' opinions. You better pick the right answer or of course you don't know anything.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
            People probably should stop posting threads asking for other peoples' opinions. You better pick the right answer or of course you don't know anything.
            True, if you agree with the OP you are a hundred times smarter, but... sometimes you are just not very smart.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Canmore View Post
              True, if you agree with the OP you are a hundred times smarter, but... sometimes you are just not very smart.
              Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room.

Comment

It's not my fault people think C is a failing grade.

Comment

Clearly you didn't have my parents growing up...

actually.. we don't really use the 'letter' system in Canuckistan... I think if I got a paper back with a letter on it... I would be confused...

Comment

And in a lot of cases that is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                      Clearly you didn't have my parents growing up...

actually.. we don't really use the 'letter' system in Canuckistan... I think if I got a paper back with a letter on it... I would be confused...
                      We stopped using letters in 2000 or so. Y'know it's less confusing to get a 3.89 than a B+.

John Elway gets a 2.8497 Heavily weighted on Peyt scoring a TD tomorrow

Comment

We stopped using letters in 2000 or so. Y'know it's less confusing to get a 3.89 than a B+.

John Elway gets a 2.8497 Heavily weighted on Peyt scoring a TD tomorrow
                        lol.. ok... I am going to ask a prof someday to give me a letter on a paper just on principle.

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                          lol.. ok... I am going to ask a prof someday to give me a letter on a paper just on principle.
                          Confuse the poor guy!
                          sigpic

Comment

Well I give him an A. He has taken a team which had lost it's magic and was heading for the bottom and turned it around. It was not easy to come back to the Broncos in the state they were in and restore the magic. Just like he did as a player he is doing it as a FO, bring the magic to Denver. I know I feel it and there are many others who would agree. Thank you John!
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't think anyone thinks that.

It's just that when you post a list where your positives FAR OUTWEIGH the negatives, assigning a ""C" grade, which is average, doesn't make a lick of sense. A "C" would realistically be a list where the negatives and positives were dead equal.

Comment

As a matter of fact, all I ever said is that I'd rather have Cassius than Chris Gronkowski, and that Drayton Florence is old and sucks, which he does, he sucked when he was young I don't care how tall he is. Cass was probably about 6 feet and he's young and a special teams player. This team is getting stacked with old guys who don't.

People sure have gotten good at putting words in mouths that aren't theirs.

Thursday could dramatically improve my grade. Of course it could also go the other way.

...and delete your abbreviation.
                                Stupid Colts aren't using Cassius' epic return skills...their depth chart for KR- he's in a 4 way battle to be the 4th string guy. It seems 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string are spoken for but should all three of them go down in a game Cassius has a 25% chance to be the next guy. PR not even on the depth chart.
                                Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

Working...
                                X