Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peyton&Eli_fan
    replied

Btw, under Manning, Colts consistently went 0-4 or 1-3 in the preseason, so don't take a lot of stock in those games.

Leave a comment:

• cdumler7
    replied
    San Diego has the 3rd toughest schedule in the NFL

Originally posted by super_boltz View Post
    It takes a while for a team with a new QB to gel in most instances.

Pitt- Loss harrison and boys arent the defense to get your offense going against.
    ATL- loss One of the most balanced teams in the league
    Houston-loss Better team overall

Oakland- Win A tough close game but maybe they'lll pull it out.
    New England- Loss Tom Brady is going to rip Denver a new one.
    SD-loss Facing the hottest team in the league at home Denver sufers back to back blowout losses
    NO- Drew brees n co make everyone jump off the manning bandwagon as they deliver a third straight blowout loss to the broncos
    Cincy-Loss Andy dalton and AJ Green win a close one against Denver. Cementing their status as contenders in the AFC.
    Carolina- Win Cam n Co run all over the broncos. Steve Smith Can't be stopped Somehow Manning steals the show in the end.
    SD- Loss Rivers is on a hot streak that doesn't stop as chargers take command of the west.

KC- Win Deemed as a must win the broncos go to kc and pick up a W
    TB Win Denver plays its most complete game of the season and gives encouragment towards next season

Oak- Win Denver gets on a roll leading up to a big game against baltimore.
    Baltimore- Loss The Ravens defense proves to be too much against peyton.
    Cleveland- Win Denver is better than cleveland... but who isnt...
    KC Win Denver wins going out on a positive note for the next year

7-9 Denver finishes 2nd or 3rd to San Diego. The tough schedule proves too much for manning and co as they watch Rivers win his first super bowl
    Not for sure why other teams in the AFC West keep pointing to our difficult schedule when the rest have almost as tough of one as we do. The Chargers have the 3rd toughest schedule in the NFl (which I think is one of the most overrated stats from year to year considering the NFl has the highest turnover rate of any professional sport in playoff teams).

Leave a comment:

• super_boltz
    replied
    Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
    I have a lot of confidence going into this season if I'm honest.

Pit (W we are at home and they lose their starting safety)
    Atl (W I think Atl is overrated)
    Hou (L while i think we have a shot here their D is just better than ours right now i think and offensive power is similar)
    Oak (W its oakland)
    NE (L Tom Brady at home gonna be a hard game to win)
    SD (L we always seem to split with SD i think we beat them in Denver)
    NO (W I just think that all the offseason stuff they have is going to affect them and we are coming off the bye)
    Cin ( W i think this will be a good game however)
    Car (W Cam can't carry the whole team they aren't there yet)
    SD (W See above)
    KC (L we always struggle in KC and if they are healthy this is going to be a rough one)
    TB (W No explanation just think we beat TB)
    Oak (W Oakland just isn't that good this year imho)
    Balt (L Both of us will be on the playoff run this will be a great game)
    Clev (W who is their QB now??)
    KC (W to clinch home field we have to win Peyton gets it done)

11-5
    It takes a while for a team with a new QB to gel in most instances.

Pitt- Loss harrison and boys arent the defense to get your offense going against.
    ATL- loss One of the most balanced teams in the league
    Houston-loss Better team overall

Oakland- Win A tough close game but maybe they'lll pull it out.
    New England- Loss Tom Brady is going to rip Denver a new one.
    SD-loss Facing the hottest team in the league at home Denver sufers back to back blowout losses
    NO- Drew brees n co make everyone jump off the manning bandwagon as they deliver a third straight blowout loss to the broncos
    Cincy-Loss Andy dalton and AJ Green win a close one against Denver. Cementing their status as contenders in the AFC.
    Carolina- Win Cam n Co run all over the broncos. Steve Smith Can't be stopped Somehow Manning steals the show in the end.
    SD- Loss Rivers is on a hot streak that doesn't stop as chargers take command of the west.

KC- Win Deemed as a must win the broncos go to kc and pick up a W
    TB Win Denver plays its most complete game of the season and gives encouragment towards next season

Oak- Win Denver gets on a roll leading up to a big game against baltimore.
    Baltimore- Loss The Ravens defense proves to be too much against peyton.
    Cleveland- Win Denver is better than cleveland... but who isnt...
    KC Win Denver wins going out on a positive note for the next year

7-9 Denver finishes 2nd or 3rd to San Diego. The tough schedule proves too much for manning and co as they watch Rivers win his first super bowl

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by Lomax View Post
    Cam is not alone. They have a killer group at RB and Steve Smith who tore us to shreds last time we played him. I'm suggesting that*our thin LB corps will be outmatched and we have nobody athletic enough to spy Cam. We will be forced to go single high and deal with Smith or get gashed with QB keepers when Williams and Stewart aren't chewing up yards. Oh and now they have Tolbert too. Nevermind that their defense will be improved as Beeson returns.

They basically will negate our strengths which are rushing the passer and scoring quickly. It may resemble the Miami vs. Indy game a couple seasons ago where they basically went Wildcat all game.

I'm not counting this as a win, purely based on the match up.
    Champ didn't play last time we played Carolina...

And their running game is a concern for us, i agree...

I'm not sure our nickel defense can contend with Sproles. Plus we have nobody who can cover Graham. To win this one we will have to win a shootout and I'm not sure we have the horses to compete.

I don't know what we can do to slow down Car. Again with the running game. That's traditionally how you stop Peyton, and if they are running on us all game, do we have anything left in Q4 to stop the clock if we're behind?

The others I can get behind. That would put us at 9-7 which could win the division. Of course barring any major injuries.
    Sproles is a matchup nightmare.

As for Graham, not many teams if any do, and they have tough matchups with DT/Decker, and some of our other targets. But i do agree, it would probably have to be a shootout....

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Provided health, anywhere from 7-11 wins...

Leave a comment:

• Lomax
    replied
    Originally posted by Remedy View Post
    Cam ran a 4.59 40 at the combine...

Von ran a 4.53 40 at the combine..

Combine Results

I don't think it is far to say he is not as fast as cam.. nor do I have any concern about his ability to tackle him (size wise that is) von is near 240 lbs... and cam is about the size as well... so not sure either of those statements holds any water...

now as far as him not being in the backfield you have a point.

As far as the season goes I see us sitting at around 10 wins.
    Touche.

The main issue isnt whether we can spy Cam but whether we can beat him defensively. Even if we can spy him with Von thats one less pass rusher or one less man in coverage.

Leave a comment:

• TheSheriff
    replied
    Originally posted by Remedy View Post
    Bronco Football Thread? do you mean forum? I am not sure what exactly you're asking.
    Yea probably forum. It's right above the Game Day Archives. Wasn't sure what exactly it was called, since right above the broncos fan "forum" it also says Broncos football (as the over-arching title). When I click on the Broncos Fan Forum it doesnt take me to where the threads are. It just refreshes the page. But if i click on game day archives, it takes me to the page where all the threads under game day archives are stored.

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
    4-0 Preseason
    16-0 Regular Season
    3-0 Playoffs

1-0 in the Pro Bowl??

Exactly. Every single AFC player will be a Broncos player.
    Last edited by VenomousDB; 08-08-2012, 02:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Remedy
    replied
    Originally posted by TheSheriff View Post
    Off topic question:

Since the board has been back up, I havn't been able to go to the Broncos Football Thread. all the other threads work, but not that one. I can successfully click on the latest post in the Broncos Football Thread (which is how I got here), but cant successfully get into the Broncos Football Thread and see all the other threads under it. Anyone know why/can tell me what to do. When I click on the link, it just refreshes the page with all the general threads.
    Bronco Football Thread? do you mean forum? I am not sure what exactly you're asking.

Leave a comment:

• InElwayWeTrust
    replied
    Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post

1-0 in the Pro Bowl??

Leave a comment:

• TheSheriff
    replied
    Off topic question:

Since the board has been back up, I havn't been able to go to the Broncos Football Thread. all the other threads work, but not that one. I can successfully click on the latest post in the Broncos Football Thread (which is how I got here), but cant successfully get into the Broncos Football Thread and see all the other threads under it. Anyone know why/can tell me what to do. When I click on the link, it just refreshes the page with all the general threads.

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Ten or eleven.

Leave a comment:

• TheSheriff
    replied
    16-0 or 13-3. We'll either be rusty and lose those tough games early on (@ NE, @SD, NO) and then run the table, or we arent that rusty and run the whole table

Leave a comment:

• InElwayWeTrust
    replied
    Miller is a baller, but he is neither as big nor as fast as Cam. Plus if we use him to spy we aren't getting him into the backfield where he is most effective.
    Von Miller is faster than Cam. That isn't even close.

Cam is bigger than Von by 2 inches. They weigh about same, and I guarantee Von is stronger.

Von is fast enough to chase Cam down, and get him down no problem.

Edit: Rem beat me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X