Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our defense is really start to come around!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our defense is really start to come around!!!

I know all the reports are wanting to talk Manning, DT, Decker, Hillman, McGahee etc etc but what I am hearing is that the defense is getting better almost every practice! I know this is a offense driven league but defense still win ball games. Wolfe is starting to win the defensive tackle job on passing downs, Hunter is mauling the OL, and our QB's are having to make almost perfect throws to complete passes against our DB's! Our defense is developing more depth!
    I have heard it said by the talking heads on radio and TV that it will be midseason before our offense jells with Manning BUT I am hoping that our defense can help win a lot of those early season games with their effort!
    GO BRONCOS AND BRING BACK THE SUPER BOWL TROPHY!

I know this has been said a million times but I seriously can not wait to watch Elvis and Von go after opposing QB's

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
      I know this has been said a million times but I seriously can not wait to watch Elvis and Von go after opposing QB's
      Especially one QB in particular... Tomorrow....

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
        Especially one QB in particular... Tomorrow....
        No doubt.

I remember the 09 preseason where Cutler came back to town, and Doom was all over him. It was definitely a sign of things to come for the regular season for Elvis.

Comment

Comment

I'd like to see them play a regular season game with all the pressures and adjustments needed before I claim anything. Right now is waaay to early to tell ANYTHING.

Comment

It's only training camp. Pretty much pointless to say any player or team unit has "come around".

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

We'll get a glimpse tomorrow night.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

did any of you check out the defensive power rankings on nfl.com.

Broncos were in the last category "not sold category"
                  I know there are some question marks, but thats pretty low in my opinion
                  Follow me on twitter. @mattryan_onair

It will be awesome to see the orange crush return to denver. Bruising Defence, unstoppable offence.

Comment

The sum of the existing parts is good. A very good D is greater than the sum of its parts. This defense looks like one built and well-suited to deal with the offenses they will face. Time to walk the walk.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by djmatty View Post

I'd probably agree with that....

Comment

I would agree that time will tell if we did enough. Still the biggest question in my mind is the D-Line. I have faith in the LB's and secondary so the only question mark in my mind is when teams spread us out can we stop the run.
                        sigpic
                        Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                        2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                        2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

"not sold category" seems appropriate given the unproven state of the D-line and S. We're all hoping Warren and Wolfe make a big difference and stay healthy, but it could be they're just performing well against a sub-par OL in practice. I'm a little skeptical when I here how well Hunter is doing. I like his motor, but he's never struck me as more than a rotational player, and the fact that he's standing out either means he's upped his game or the guys he's being compared to aren't very good. The good news is the D doesn't have to be dominant if Manning can get the offense moving, just competent. The D during our SB years had its moments, but wasn't dominant. They benefitted greatly from an unstoppable offense.

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                            It's only training camp. Pretty much pointless to say any player or team unit has "come around".
                            Very true, but it did seem like the week of camp that Manning, DT and Decker (among others) were having their way and this week (according to reports) the defense has came alive. I also know that things can change fast during training camp but I can still enjoy the little bit of excitement after 7 months without actual NFL football! lol

Comment

Yea, we have 2 of the top DE's in the league, a HOF CB, and a very well proven d-coord calling the shot....our D has top 10 written all over it. Heck, Manning might be the most beneficial player for our D!

Comment

Working...
                              X