Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ being shopped?

Is DJ getting put on the trade block?

He's healthy and not taking reps, but still listed as first team. The only logical explanation is to protect him from injury and keep his trade value up. Then they went and signed Brooking.

If he will be with the team then he would be at TC. Smells like trade bait.
    "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

doubt someone will trade for him.

Comment

They beefed up the roster and they're giving his reps to the backups because he's sitting on a 6 game suspension to start the year.

He's got no trade value this year. Plus, he's been a staple on this D since he was drafted, so he doesn't really need the reps.

Comment

Originally posted by imahardkase View Post
        They beefed up the roster and they're giving his reps to the backups because he's sitting on a 6 game suspension to start the year.

He's got no trade value this year. Plus, he's been a staple on this D since he was drafted, so he doesn't really need the reps.
        6? i thought it was 4

Comment

First of all, I'd like to answer your question. I think DJ has had limited reps because he's suspended, and for no other reason. There's no reason for him to have the first team reps when he's not going to be on the first team for the first 6 weeks of the season.

Now...I'll go ahead and finish out what the comments are sure to be about the situation so we can get it out of the way.

"He's not a playmaker"
          "He's average"
          "We can go with Woodyard all year and be fine"
          "D.J.'s an idiot"
          "Trade him right now for a 7th round pick!"
          "He's never lived up to his draft position"
          "Just because he's been the most consistent player on the defense for nearly a decade doesn't mean we should keep him"

...I'll stop before I get too passive-aggressive and have to start pointing out the stupidity behind a lot of the logic behind the common DJ comments.

But again, DJ will probably be our starter when he gets back from suspension. Next year? May be a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by xHollyhood View Post
            6? i thought it was 4
            Well, it was 6 originally, but I haven't heard anything recently... maybe it was reduced? Denver Post reported it at 6

"Denver Broncos linebacker D.J. Williams — who is facing a six-game suspension for a failed performance-enhancing drug test — also flunked a second test a month later, according to documents filed in his court case challenging the suspension."

http://blogs.denverpost.com/crime/20...ocuments/4168/

Not sure if the link will work. No idea how to post a real url.

Comment

I would be surprised if the Broncos were, and if they were I wouldn't take anything less than a first. Some team like the Cowboys or Raiders has to be dumb enough to do that.
              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
              sigpic

Comment

If we signed Brooking as a permanent replacement for DJ ... :doh:

Don't much like him as a person, love him as a player.

Comment

I don't think he is being shopped... I think due to his imminent suspension they just want to have whoever is starting the season as prepared as they can be.

DJ knows what he needs to do as a pro and so his back up will probably benefit from all the reps.

Comment

In the time DJ has been here we have consistently been inconsistent. So him being a consistent player doesn't mean too much.
                    Last edited by THEdraftnik; 08-08-2012, 07:17 PM.
                    Denver Broncos GM
                    Originally posted by Mosk
                    Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
                      In the time DJ has been here we have consistently been inconsistent. So him being a consistent player doesn't mean to much.
                      You're right.

It's not like football is a team sport that requires more than one consistent player or anything.

Good call. You win the logic of the day award. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
                        You're right.

It's not like football is a team sport that requires more than one consistent player or anything.

Good call. :thumb:

It is a team sport and "Me first" players are bad for the TEAM.

Denver Broncos GM
                        Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
                          It is a team sport and "Me first" players are bad for the TEAM.

Yeah, well its clear you don't want to have a legitimate discussion.

Exhibit A: You insinuate that D.J. is a "me-first" guy for getting a DUI in an off the field incident. Nevermind that he's switched positions multiple times and HAS NEVER caused any problems in the locker room. Nevermind that he's a consistent contributor.

He's not a team player because he makes bad decisions off the field that have nothing to do with the Broncos football team. LMAO.

You're on a roll, bro. Even the holier than thou crowd would be proud.

Tell me more about how your misguided nonsense is supposed to make sense.

Comment

And stop changing the subject.

You first made the argument that D.J.'s consistency doesn't matter because of the inconsistency of the entire unit. Which is a dumb argument.

When I called you on it...you spouted off some unrelated gibberish about DJ, despite never demonstrating a me-first attitude when it comes to the Broncos team, is a "me first" guy.

I don't mind having a discussion. But stay on topic, and stop making things up.
                            Last edited by jonathanrivers; 08-08-2012, 07:30 PM. Reason: I didn't think to add "DJ is selfish and a me-first guy" to my initial list. Never heard that one before.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
                              Yeah, well its clear you don't want to have a legitimate discussion.
                              We shouldn't need to discuss this IMHO.
                              Exhibit A: You insinuate that D.J. is a "me-first" guy for getting a DUI in an off the field incident. Nevermind that he's switched positions multiple times and HAS NEVER caused any problems in the locker room. Nevermind that he's a consistent contributor.
                              Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't be say he would never play SAM again, and didn't he also get arrested for a DUI (among other things) a mere 2 days before a regular season game?
                              He's not a team player because he makes bad decisions off the field that have nothing to do with the Broncos football team. LMAO.

You're on a roll, bro. Even the holier than thou crowd would be proud.

Tell me more about how your misguided nonsense is supposed to make sense.
                              His incidents have something to do with the football team when he can't be relied upon to start a season. He's not a team player because he is unreliable. His next DUI will result in a year long suspension. He could miss as many as 10 games this season for suspensions.

And once again, the Broncos won't miss him in the slightest. Wesley Woodyard will continue to be more than solid in replacing him and Danny Trevanthan will play lights out football with a chip on his shoulder for falling 3-4 rounds further than he should of for a 40 time. We don't need him and his antics, and his consistency means little to me when he makes very little difference in the win/loss column and also in the defensive points per game ad yards per game.
                              Denver Broncos GM

Comment

Working...
                              X