Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Very good run-blocker, not as good in pass protection though....

Hopefully he's improved somewhat.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    PFF is notoriously clueless when evaluating OL play. They are not worth reading.

The Denver Broncos are committed to a varied rushing attack. In order to run this phase of the O, pulling Guards are needed along with Tackles who can deliver an authoritative down block.

Zane Beadles excels in run blocking and is one of the best pulling Guards in the NFL. Almost all of Tebow's rushing TDs in 2011 were following a Beadles' block.

In pass protection Beadles needs improvement. He had no offseason prior to his sophomore season due to the lockout, but has spent the past one working out under Luke Richesson.

Fortunately, pass blocking is easier to coach and do than run blocking. We'll see soon if his pass pro has improved.

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    I know a lot of people don't like ProFootball Focus, but they have the numbers for pass-blocking snaps and total pressures allowed.

Both JD Walton and Zane Beadles finished bottom-10 among starting guards and centers in terms of the percentage of pressures that they give up.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...s-and-centers/

They're atrocious. As I said earlier, they need to significantly improve here in their 3rd season or else they'll be detrimental to Peyton Manning's health.

Leave a comment:

• jonathanrivers
    replied
    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    The scoop on Zane Beadles is that he sucks. Not as bad as JD Walton, but he still sucks.

He just gets overpowered way too easily.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...eseason-opener
    Kinda have to agree here, although Beadles is a damn good pulling guard and did that well last year. Unfortunately, he doesn't hold at the point of attack well.

Beadles and Walton wouldn't look nearly as bad if they were spaced out instead of right beside each other. It's never good to have you two weakest guys side by side.

I hope Blake can step up.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Zane, go to your coaches and ask them yourself.

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    The scoop on Zane Beadles is that he sucks. Not as bad as JD Walton, but he still sucks.

He just gets overpowered way too easily. We have to replace those two next season if they don't make huge strides here in their 3rd season. They're a liability to Peyton Manning's health if they play as bad as they did the last two seasons.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...eseason-opener
    Opposing defensive coordinators have said center J.D. Walton and left guard Zane Beadles are often targets.

Leave a comment:

• Spart
    started a topic What's the scoop on Zane Beadles?

What's the scoop on Zane Beadles?

I've been comparing Peyton's last Colt's offensive line and his current Broncos' line and the obvious conclusion is the Broncos' line is significantly better in all aspects than the Colts' line, from last season and the one before when Peyton played, but I was wondering about Zane Beadles.

By comparison, the Broncos' line has huge upgrades at both tackle slots, an arguable downgrade at center but the guards I'm not sure about. Chris Kuper is a considerable upgrade at guard if he's healthy but I don't know much about Zane Beadles. Physically, he's comparable to Ryan Clady but from what I've seen and heard from Denver press and around these forums, people aren't very high on Beadles. What are the holes in his game? Bad pass protector? Weak run blocker? I'd like to know
Working...
X