Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nike Elite Jersey's

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post
    He was also on the Dan Patrick show this morning. He basically gave non-answers about or said he wasn't going to discuss anything Dan asked him about the situation with the Colts. Manning is kind of like Tebow in terms of being able to give non-answers or avoid answering questions only Manning is more harsh and intimidating about it. Either way I like the idea of not creating any controversy and not giving any teams bulletin board material. Manning is not only a vet on the field but he's a vet when it comes to interviews.
    That's one of the few times an interviewee has gotten perturbed with DP and DP didn't try to get back at him.
    sigpic

    Hooray, beer!

    Comment


    • #62
      N 'if' L: What if Elway hadn't skipped out on the Colts

      http://www.nfl.com/videos/n-if-l/0ap...content_stream


      he doesnt talk about what happened to the Broncos much.

      Comment


      • #63
        I dont like this video

        Comment


        • #64
          thx for posting that bro. i LOVE PM's "non answers" lol!!!

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
            That's one of the few times an interviewee has gotten perturbed with DP and DP didn't try to get back at him.
            I can't remember what caused it, but he and Dan Patrick have a bit of a frosty relationship but they both push direct TV, so Peyton does the interviews when he's doing a Direct TV run. It might have been something Dan said about Eli.

            Comment


            • #66
              i like DP, but there have been several times on his show where hes asked stupid and annoying questions that have peeved the interviewee. i suppose they all do occasionally

              Comment


              • #67
                That was terrible, and didn't even make much sense.

                Dude sounds like a disgruntled Colts fan, to me.

                Comment


                • #68
                  D-Line confusion.

                  I have a question about our D-line and Wolfe. Even before Hunter went down, Wolfe was talked about and listed as a Defensive End. My question is why? What does he bring on the edge that is an improvement over Ayers, Beal or Jackson? AND, is he not better inside than Bannon, Unrein or Vickerson?

                  I understand versatility, but I've also thought you use a player where he plays best. Is the coaching staff actually saying that Wolfe is a better End than Tackle. ANd more than that, are they saying he's a better End than Ayers and Beal? Just not sure what criteria they are using here, so anyone who knows how they've come to this point, feel free to clue me in. Thanks.
                  All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
                    I have a question about our D-line and Wolfe. Even before Hunter went down, Wolfe was talked about and listed as a Defensive End. My question is why? What does he bring on the edge that is an improvement over Ayers, Beal or Jackson? AND, is he not better inside than Bannon, Unrein or Vickerson?

                    I understand versatility, but I've also thought you use a player where he plays best. Is the coaching staff actually saying that Wolfe is a better End than Tackle. ANd more than that, are they saying he's a better End than Ayers and Beal? Just not sure what criteria they are using here, so anyone who knows how they've come to this point, feel free to clue me in. Thanks.
                    It looks like we will have a very nice, versatile rotation all along the defensive line this season. Hunter will probably go to IR and with the deep young talent there is at Defensive End then having the guys who can kick inside are great to have. And everyone of our Defensive Ends exept for Dumervil can do that. They are all big bodies who could kick inside if asked to.

                    I think regardless of what the depth chart says they both will be playing and playing a lot. With defensive lineman starting isn't an important stat. The amount of snaps they play is what matters.

                    I think with this versatility we will be able to keep Beal because we can afford to cut one of the defensive tackles. My prediction is Justin Bannan or Mitch Unrein gets cut and the defensive line looks like this on the depth chart:

                    - Warren
                    - Vickerson
                    - Unrein/Bannan

                    - Dumervil
                    - Ayers
                    - Wolfe
                    - Jackson
                    - Beal


                    And if I could guess what the criteria is for whole plays more. I would guess that it will come down to run defense. Why ? Because both more then likely wont offer much edge rush. So I think who ever can defend the run the best will get more snaps.

                    And I am also sure that Ayers and Wolfe will be playing together a lot this year. Them two guys will probably be in the game both inside at times with Dumervil and Miller on the ends. And then we will also see a combination with one of them at end and one inside.
                    Last edited by johnlimburg; 08-17-2012, 06:04 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      I was hoping he'd go into real detail. Theres just no way we'd have Orton..

                      No Superbowls, means Shanny wouldn't have remained HC, meaning we wouldn't have drafted Cutler, meaning we wouldn't have traded him to Chicago..

                      The coach at the time probably would have went with a "big name" in that draft screwing us with Vince Young or Matt Leinart

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        From what I understand Wolfe is real good one vs one on pass rushing. They planned on using him early downs as DE and later passing downs as DT.

                        I do not think this changed because of hunter injury. Only thing that changes is some snaps will now be up for grab.

                        Does Wolfe get em? Ayers? Someone else?

                        My guess is the coaches will let the players compete for the snaps
                        Let's Ride!

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Think of Derek Wolfe as our new Trevor Pryce (versatility). He can play up and down all over the defensive line because he has power, technique, tenacity, and when it comes to rushing the passer he is "slippery" (as coaches like to call him).

                          At first I thought that Derek Wolfe was miscast as a defensive end in the 4-3, but a lot of 4-3 teams have been effective at employing big strongside defensive ends.

                          I'd say he is starting at DE over Robert Ayers and Jeremy Beal because not only can he stop the run by overpowering the OT, but he can rush the passer. For a big guy, he's a very balanced defensive lineman.

                          I just think there's more one-on-one opportunities for Wolfe at DE instead of putting him at DT and having the opposing offense double-team him with a guard and a center.


                          sigpic


                          FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



                          :cool:

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                            It looks like we will have a very nice, versatile rotation all along the defensive line this season. Hunter will probably go to IR and with the deep young talent there is at Defensive End then having the guys who can kick inside are great to have. And everyone of our Defensive Ends exept for Dumervil can do that. They are all big bodies who could kick inside if asked to.

                            I think regardless of what the depth chart says they both will be playing and playing a lot. With defensive lineman starting isn't an important stat. The amount of snaps they play is what matters.

                            I think with this versatility we will be able to keep Beal because we can afford to cut one of the defensive tackles. My prediction is Justin Bannan or Mitch Unrein gets cut and the defensive line looks like this on the depth chart:

                            - Warren
                            - Vickerson
                            - Unrein/Bannan

                            - Dumervil
                            - Ayers
                            - Wolfe
                            - Jackson
                            - Beal


                            And if I could guess what the criteria is for whole plays more. I would guess that it will come down to run defense. Why ? Because both more then likely wont offer much edge rush. So I think who ever can defend the run the best will get more snaps.

                            And I am also sure that Ayers and Wolfe will be playing together a lot this year. Them two guys will probably be in the game both inside at times with Dumervil and Miller on the ends. And then we will also see a combination with one of them at end and one inside.
                            I agree with most of your post, having a little trouble w/ only keeping 3 true dt's on the roster though.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
                              I have a question about our D-line and Wolfe. Even before Hunter went down, Wolfe was talked about and listed as a Defensive End. My question is why? What does he bring on the edge that is an improvement over Ayers, Beal or Jackson? AND, is he not better inside than Bannon, Unrein or Vickerson?

                              I understand versatility, but I've also thought you use a player where he plays best. Is the coaching staff actually saying that Wolfe is a better End than Tackle. ANd more than that, are they saying he's a better End than Ayers and Beal? Just not sure what criteria they are using here, so anyone who knows how they've come to this point, feel free to clue me in. Thanks.
                              The other guys in this thread have it right. I'll elaborate a bit.

                              On running downs, a big, strong disruptive presence like Wolfe is more valuable at end than he is at DT. Like gl47 said, it would be an easy assignment to double down a C/G on Wolfe --- because he would be the most disruptive threat and the most likely to get penetration. On the end, the offense can't double him up as easily. On sure running downs, you could also think about having Ayers --- a pretty good run stopper ---and Wolfe on the field at end at the same time. A 4 down line of Ayers, Warren, Bannan and Wolfe would be MUCH MORE strong at the point of attack than a line of Dumervil, Warren, Wolfe, Ayers...if that makes sense?

                              On passing downs, Wolfe can play inside because there's less of a chance the O-line can double team him with Von and Dumervil coming off the edges. You could see an overshifted odd front with 3 down lineman...Dumervil, Wolfe/Ayers, and Warren...with Von standing up at the line on the end opposite Doom...this is the look we gave on many pass downs last year...basically a 3-3-5 that looks like a 4-2-5 due to Von's alignment. The advantage here is that Wolfe can give you that push/disruption in the middle that Marcus Thomas and Ryan McBean could not last year.

                              Sorry for the longwindedness. But you essentially give your defense a matchup advantage when you move a versatile guy in different situations like we plan on doing. With the way we mix and match Von and Doom all over the field...opposing D coordinators are going to have one more headache to deal with a guy like Wolfe thrown in the mix.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                                It looks like we will have a very nice, versatile rotation all along the defensive line this season. Hunter will probably go to IR and with the deep young talent there is at Defensive End then having the guys who can kick inside are great to have. And everyone of our Defensive Ends exept for Dumervil can do that. They are all big bodies who could kick inside if asked to.

                                I think regardless of what the depth chart says they both will be playing and playing a lot. With defensive lineman starting isn't an important stat. The amount of snaps they play is what matters.

                                I think with this versatility we will be able to keep Beal because we can afford to cut one of the defensive tackles. My prediction is Justin Bannan or Mitch Unrein gets cut and the defensive line looks like this on the depth chart:

                                - Warren
                                - Vickerson
                                - Unrein/Bannan

                                - Dumervil
                                - Ayers
                                - Wolfe
                                - Jackson
                                - Beal


                                And if I could guess what the criteria is for whole plays more. I would guess that it will come down to run defense. Why ? Because both more then likely wont offer much edge rush. So I think who ever can defend the run the best will get more snaps.

                                And I am also sure that Ayers and Wolfe will be playing together a lot this year. Them two guys will probably be in the game both inside at times with Dumervil and Miller on the ends. And then we will also see a combination with one of them at end and one inside.
                                Your insane if you think we will only keep 3 DTs. Versatile or not. None of the DEs have the size. Teams would be able to rush for 300 plus a game on us.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X