X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos2024
    replied
    Originally posted by kevlar441 View Post
    So ... has anyone bothered to take into account the conditions on the field when the game started? Though it may not have been readily apparent, the field was in bad shape and the balls were wet. Chicago held out 4 starters even after the rain delay was over.
    This is what I was thinking the ball is wet and its hard to throw. I think few people are taking into account the slippery ball when it is raining. Manning usually doesn't play in weather because he played in a dome. So not only was Manning coming back from not playing in 18 months he had bad weather thrown on top of it. I think its hard for anyone to judge what % Manning is at with rain and game rust. If he comes out and performs bad in his home opener next week then tell me you know what % he's at.

Leave a comment:

• kevlar441
    replied
    Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
    Yes with full faith I can.

This is no diss to Peyton. Its sheer respect. I feel that blow 90% he can do as well as he did today.
    So ... has anyone bothered to take into account the conditions on the field when the game started? Though it may not have been readily apparent, the field was in bad shape and the balls were wet. Chicago held out 4 starters even after the rain delay was over.

Leave a comment:

• jonathanrivers
    replied
    Originally posted by crash123go View Post
    Look I was hoping Irving was gonna pan out too but it's not gonna happen this year that's obvious since we signed brooking. He played decent but so did Kyle McCarthy last year and he's a scrub
    Kyle McCarthy is a practice squad player. Nate Irving was a third round draft pick who was considered a first day pick before his car accident.

I don't know what you have against Irving...but he doesn't look like a scrub to me. Or most other people who watched the game last night.

...go ahead. Tell me how it's preseason and all...as if I haven't already factored that into my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    I mentioned this in the other thread "impressed/disappointed" several times...

Although he struggled vs a double team...he absolutely destroyed the lone lineman trying to block him when left 1v1...he's gonna be a problem for opposing offenses imo ...

Ftr LT Jemarcus Webb played the entire game for the Bears last night

Leave a comment:

• crash123go
    replied
    Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    He played a series vs the starters
    Look I was hoping Irving was gonna pan out too but it's not gonna happen this year that's obvious since we signed brooking. He played decent but so did Kyle McCarthy last year and he's a scrub

Leave a comment:

• jonathanrivers
    replied
    Originally posted by omahaBroncoFan View Post
    Vickerson deserves props in his own thread for the Chicago game.

1. First defensive play for Denver. Drives his guy back getting great penetration and gets his arm around the RBs legs.

2. Same drive, he once again drives his guy back into Campbell forcing the incompletion, statistically picks up a QB hit I think.

3. Second defensive series, first play. Drives his guy into the backfield causing a collision with the RB.

3 excellent plays in a small number of snaps, gj.
    BUT IT'S JUST THE PRESEASON! WHY ARE YOU BEING SO POSITIVE!

I think Vickerson will be a good piece to this defense, and like what I saw in limited action last night.

Leave a comment:

• elwayfanatic07
    replied
    im honestly somewhat astounded ppl are bent outta shape after ONE preseason games where our starters played MAYBE three series. lets not borrow trouble y'all...

Leave a comment:

• jonathanrivers
    replied
    Irving played against backups
    Here we go...

Of course he did. That's how preseason works.

If you can't evaluate a player based on their field presence alone, don't assume that everyone else can't by stating the obvious "he played against 2nd team". Everyone knows that Irving ran with the 2nd team. But you can factor that into your analysis of how he played without having to put a footnote by it every time.

Essentially, he played good enough against the backups that a logical person could draw the conclusion that he would be at least somewhat effective against the starters.

Does every positive comment have to mention that we're in the preseason? I hate to be rude...but sheesh. Everyone knows that the 2nd stringers are playing against 2nd stringers, 3rd against 3rd, etc. Does it have to be pointed out in EVERY thread. As if there are people who care about the Broncos enough to come to a message board don't know that this is the preseason?

Look through the threads and you'll see what I'm talking about.

/rant.

Leave a comment:

• omahaBroncoFan
    replied
    Vickerson Analysis

Vickerson deserves props in his own thread for the Chicago game.

1. First defensive play for Denver. Drives his guy back getting great penetration and gets his arm around the RBs legs.

2. Same drive, he once again drives his guy back into Campbell forcing the incompletion, statistically picks up a QB hit I think.

3. Second defensive series, first play. Drives his guy into the backfield causing a collision with the RB.

3 excellent plays in a small number of snaps, gj.

Leave a comment:

• canadiansbronco
    replied
    He played a series vs the starters

Leave a comment:

• OhBehave30
    replied
    I'll take having a top 10 QB on my team and maybe by week 10 having a top 4 QB on my team.

It's Peyton Manning. What you saw from last night, his first game in over a year, it will only get better from that. Even if this is somehow the best he'll ever look again, he did better than A-Rodg (2-8, 21 yds, int). He's supposed to be rusty, folks!!
    Last edited by OhBehave30; 08-10-2012, 04:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• crash123go
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kevlar441
    replied
    Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
    Manning
    OZ
    Weber
    Hanie
    There are 3 reasons to have more than one quarterback on your roster:

1) To groom the heir apparent (future quarterback). At this point Os would seem to be the FO’s current choice for that, barring another “Tom Brady” coming to their attention and stealing the show or a better option becoming available.

2) To come into a game and take over for your starter. Any number of things can either make this necessary or the best option. Those may include your starter being shaken up, an injury, a death in the family, a new baby, a case of the flu, a bathroom break or even deciding to run a “trick play”. If and when this happens you hope your “backup” has a cool head and is prepared to play instantly and/or at a moment’s notice. Weber seemed to have a much cooler head than Hanie last night “under the lights”.

3) It takes more than one quarterback to run your practices. Any quarterback on your practice squad has to clear waivers (not be claimed by another team).

So far, my vote is clearly for Weber over Hanie and I will take that CP bet made earlier.

We will see how it shakes out but I might even be willing to go this far.

Manning
    OZ - Weber

Hanie

Leave a comment:

• crash123go
    replied
    It means they want multiple olineman being able to play multiple positions, kuper isn't 100% obviously cause he didn't play, manny Ramirez started at RG and Franklin at tackle and I for one noticed they dominated the line of scrimmage. I watched every single offensive play multiple times and the entire oline was digging out that bears defense.

One other thing I want to point out that everyone else seems to be ignoring is Walton looked great!! As well as beadles!!

Leave a comment:

• Denver Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by speardog View Post
    So you can tell Manning is below 90% from his 7 passes?
    Yes with full faith I can.

This is no diss to Peyton. Its sheer respect. I feel that blow 90% he can do as well as he did today.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X