Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhoenixDread
    replied
    I wanted him to beat out Mays really bad. He's obviously a gamer. Hope he becomes our future MLB.

Leave a comment:

• DishWater
    replied
    Franklin at RG? What does that mean about the OL?

I noticed last night Debo playing rg, and the 1043 guys just mentioned it.

What do you think the look at guard for him means?

Seems to me it's either a reflection of poor performance at tackle, or, in my opinion, an indictment of Walton and a move to get Kuper playing center (we know he's been taking reps at center and snapping balls to PM in practice).

Why this look? What's do you think's happening on our OL?

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    I guess it's possible. But he's not even on the depth chart for MLB. He's the back up SLB. Mike Muhammed is the back up MLB. Keith Brooking will probably take that soon enough though.

Leave a comment:

• primetime714
    replied
    Its an interesting situation because after McGahee and Hillman who are both locks each RB brings something different. Moreno is the best receiver. Ball is the most dependable replacement for McGahee when he needs rest. Omon is the most powerful. And even Jeremiah Johnson is arguably the most explosive.

I think Omon has to continue to outplay Ball by a good margin to make the team as the coaching staff has a lot of trust in Ball. Moreno probably just needs to stay healthy and do a good job catching the ball. Johnson probably needs a Moreno injury.

Leave a comment:

• Mount-n-Groan
    replied
    Von was playside on that run and quickly beat his man to the inside. Harris, Bailey, Woodyard and others were coming up fast on the outside. That play was going nowhere... even if the RB handled the toss.

I know the Chicago OL isn't all that, but it is worth noting that a few of their starting linemen played well into the 2nd half.

Leave a comment:

• fairweatherh8r
    replied
    This is gonna be tough for the coaching staff, regardless of what happens, there will be people that get there feelings hurt because there are good qualities in each one of these guys.

Leave a comment:

• OurHouse
    replied
    Ball just looks average. He can't and won't do anything special. I would like to see McGahee, Moreno and the rook as the 3 RB's heading into the season. Depending on how many guys we decide to keep Johnson would be a nice addition to those guys too

Leave a comment:

• Lomax
    replied
    You can evaluate individual players and units. You negate coaching, scheme, etc., but you absolutely can evaluate players.

For example, late in the game the Bears just stayed in a base cover 2. We can evaluate Weber's and Oz's ability to throw the slant between the safeties, but that's an easy read. We can't evaluate that piece.

If the Bears take a bit less time developing a game plan they will lose. It doesn't mean a thing. But when specific players are winning and losing their battles it isn't meaningless. Especially if a performance is dominant or terrible.
    Last edited by Lomax; 08-10-2012, 03:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Orange Pants
    replied
    Moore and Irving looked good last night. I think actually having a training camp had something to do with it.

Leave a comment:

• Orangeisback
    replied
    I thought Nate Irving made a statement last night.

I dont think it is so far fetched that he can win the MLB job. I hope so. I would really like to see more production from the draft last year.

He looked good and he made his presence known last night.

Leave a comment:

• one_bad_55
    replied
    Originally posted by Legion509 View Post
    Ya, I am not sure what defense they called, so maybe he was doing the right thing, if thats the case then the coaching staff called the wrong defense or something, because that play was going to be huge had he not fumbled.
    Even if he would have caught the ball Von was right on his hip and would have made the tackle from behind. Von picked up the fumble on the first bounce so he was right there and either way Von makes the play.

Leave a comment:

• DishWater
    replied
    Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    That could easily be flipped around to. It's third and 8 which back do you want in?? It would be Moreno everytime. Even if you were doing a draw or screen or just having him block.
    Totally legitimate point. You know the coaches are hoping Hillman takes that role, though.

Not saying he will--as milehighguy said he could end up sucking, granted--but I'm hoping he isn't stripped of the opportunity to by giving reps to Moreno...

Leave a comment:

• MH Stampede
    replied
    Originally posted by 350legend View Post
    I must say, watching the first preseason game was all i expected it to be!! I was so impress on how our team stood focus from the first quater to the last! Our defense in depth look really good across the board! ill say this , we will be top 10 on defense by the end of the year!!
    I am looking forward to our D this year.

We are going to have a serious pass rush, especially if Wolfe can continue as he has.

My question, is how are we going to fare against the run. I *think* we'll be at least average there, provided Warren can regain form, and both he and Vickerson can stay healthy.

Leave a comment:

• one5beast
    replied
    Yeah he was a beast yesterday. He was just all over the place.

I say on Twitter yesterday someone said Irving looked better in the game than he did during the practices. He probably hasnt done that good during practices and the reason why hes not starting.

Leave a comment:

• Cackalacky B
    replied
    He was all over the place last night. I love the way he plays. Looks like he beefed it up too.

I know he was listed as SAM back on the depth chart but I thought he was lined up at Middle last night quite a bit. If he keeps playing like that they might have to consider moving him back and at least spelling Mays if not replacing him. No sense in him wasting away on the bench behind Von.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X