X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jonathanrivers
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I really don't understand why you guys are flaming horseman so bad. The way you guys are celebrating in this thread would imply that you don't realize all that needed to be taken into account. Especially when you are declaring a top 10 defense.

The defense you saw last night is not the defense that will be playing during the season. We barely saw any of the starters last night and they played against a Cutlerless, Forte less offense that has the worst oline in football.

You guys can be happy about the dominant win as I'm sure horseman is but not let's get carried away on what we think it means for the season.

You can get excited but last nights game gave 0 indication of how this season will play out.
    We're celebrating because it's football season and we're excited. That and, if you've played or coached, you know that you take each game one at the time. Doesn't matter how good or bad the opponent is. This time, we dominated.

I don't give a crap if it's a scrimmage --- I want to win and dominate. We did last night.

It's just unnecessary for people to keep condescendingly telling those of us who are excited that this is preseason. WE KNOW IT'S PRESEASON BRO.

Again, I'm perfectly aware that you have to take results with a grain of salt. Doesn't mean you can't be excited. I don't keep myself from being enthusiastic for fear of being let down later. That's a crappy way to live.

Have a beer. Football's here.

Leave a comment:

• canadiansbronco
    replied
    Why did they move him he looked like a true MLB last night ?

Leave a comment:

• Remedy
    replied
    Irving deserves a gold star for his effort last night he really showed up which was great to see.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Originally posted by Legion509 View Post
    Ya, I am not sure what defense they called, so maybe he was doing the right thing, if thats the case then the coaching staff called the wrong defense or something, because that play was going to be huge had he not fumbled.
    Well that is the thing with preseason coaches really don't call to outsmart the other team they are just calling plays to see what the players do, and how they react if they are in a bad play. That is another reason I really don't care what happens during the preseason as it is just entertainment to me because of that.

Leave a comment:

• canadiansbronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Remedy View Post
    doesn't Mays play MLB instead of SLB where Irving was playing

Edit: I now see your edit
    Yeh that's what i just saw i taught they where both MLB, i would like to see Irving at MLB he was all over the field yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• jonathanrivers
    replied
    I agree.

But I said several times last night that Joe Mays has got to be doing something right as an NFL linebacker if he's holding off Irving.

That's a compliment to both Irving and Mays. Heck, Irving had to move positions because that position was locked down by Mays so hard.

Irving has that body type and stature you just want in your MLB...and he seemed pretty disciplined out there for having gotten such limited action last season. I think he can break out of his shell...he might be suffering from Rahim Moore syndrome.

Hopefully he can use the rest of the preseason to continue to build confidence.

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    Yes Nate Irving was moved to Sam Linebacker. Mike Mohamed is the direct backup at Mike Linebacker and Keith Brooking will be competing primary with Mohamed to be the backup Mike.

DJ Williams is the starting Will, Wesley Woodyard is the backup, Danny Trevathan is Woodyard's backup.

But I agree, Nate Irving played lights-out yesterday aside from one play where he played the pass very poorly and allowed a 9 yard completion.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco in UT View Post
    Based upon what we saw last night and what the Denver media has said all camp, how and the hell can this coaching staff see that Caleb Hanie is a backup QB to Manning? Both Oz and Weber look WAY better than Hanie. Trust me, if we put Weber on the PS he is as good as gone. Every time he gets in the game he looks pretty good. I think we need to see Oz for sure at the 2nd spot next week to see what he does against 2nd teamers and then go forward from there. So, if you believe Hanie is really our 2nd best qb on the team, then convince me.....
    and how often has that been? Do you mean last year when he threw 1 pass?

Leave a comment:

• Remedy
    replied
    doesn't Mays play MLB instead of SLB where Irving was playing

Edit: I now see your edit

Leave a comment:

• canadiansbronco
    replied
    Joe Mays better be a beast / Nate Irving made a statement

I know this was only the first game of preseason but with the way Nate Irving played last night and him being behind Mays in the dept chart, i can only imagine that he is clearly outplaying him.

So he better be a beast.

edit: i just saw on the dept chart irving is behind Von at strong side ?

Leave a comment:

• Legion509
    replied
    Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Wasn't Von Miller coming from the back side though? This is an honest question as I don't remember, until I rewatch it, but it could have also been a stunt, which no one knows.

Preseason to me is just entertainment, and see how players show. Hence why I like watching the rookies. The coaches are just putting players in situations to see what they do and have no bases on what the opponent is running so you could end up with a bad play call, but you want to see how the players react.
    Ya, I am not sure what defense they called, so maybe he was doing the right thing, if thats the case then the coaching staff called the wrong defense or something, because that play was going to be huge had he not fumbled.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Nope, a few minor ones, but no severe ones, i don't think...

Edit: Rem beat me to it.

Leave a comment:

• canadiansbronco
    replied
    I love champ as much as you or even more so dont take that the wrong way but the fact that this thread as 13 replys out off 800 views tells me you should let it go....

Leave a comment:

• InElwayWeTrust
    replied
    Nope!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    What a cool thing for BM to say

Champ must love being the man. Wouldn't that be so cool

Leave a comment:

Working...