X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getlynched47
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Gronk was the worst RB/FB out there last night, imo.
    I saw that too. Gronk is absolutely horrible! And I thought Spencer Larsen was the bottom of the barrel when it came to fullbacks.....

Leave a comment:

• Remedy
    replied
    Head Coach John Fox

On injuries during the game
    “Injuries from the game: Danny Trevathan had an ankle sprain, Chris Gronkowski had a groin pull, Chris Clark as well had a groin pull. All three of those left the game. Not serious, but it’s something we’ll manage moving forward.”

Link

Leave a comment:

• Kansas Bob
    replied
    Any MAJOR injuries last night

I didn't get to watch the game last night. Please update me on Broncos injuries.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Turf Nazi View Post
    Its entirely possible the Broncos carry 4-5 TE's and no FB's on the final roster.
    If one of the TE can lead blkock at nall, I think mthat would be the best plan. Sylvestor looked ok but he was up against 3rd strinmg guys so it's hard to judge him very well yet.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
    Manning
    OZ
    Weber
    Hanie
    That's how I'd have it. Oz didn't look bad last night, Weber looked meh, and Hanie was horrid.

I'd rather neither Hanie or Weber be 2nd on the depth chart, in I like Weber.

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    Manning
    OZ
    Weber
    Hanie

Leave a comment:

• Turf Nazi
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Its entirely possible the Broncos carry 4-5 TE's and no FB's on the final roster.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Originally posted by DishWater View Post
    Let's assume McGahee is out. It's 3rd and inches at the GL. You have to choose between Moreno and Ball.

I know I'd have Ball in there, and I know the coaching staff would, too (Ball took 2nd team short-yardage and 3rd down carries).

Whether you believe these two are slated for different roles--or have different levels of talent--is irrelevant: The coaching staff's endorsement of and trust in Ball during meaningful carry situations says everything to me about Moreno...
    That could easily be flipped around to. It's third and 8 which back do you want in?? It would be Moreno everytime. Even if you were doing a draw or screen or just having him block.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
    McGahee, Hillman are locks. I think we can agree on that. Gronk I think makes the team as well as a FB. So that leaved Moreno, Ball, Johnson, and Omon to make I'd guess 2 spots.

Based on last night I'd go with Moreno and Omon.

Moreno because he is very good when he catches the ball out of the sideline. Remember the TD against the Chargers last year? And the great play against the Chiefs last year before he got hurt?

And Omon looks like a bowling ball out there. I'd like him to be a short yardage/goal line back type runner.

Good thing there's 3 more game to sort it out!

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    Originally posted by DishWater View Post
    Let's assume McGahee is out. It's 3rd and inches at the GL. You have to choose between Moreno and Ball.

I know I'd have Ball in there, and I know the coaching staff would, too (Ball took 2nd team short-yardage and 3rd down carries).

Whether you believe these two are slated for different roles--or have different levels of talent--is irrelevant: The coaching staff's endorsement of and trust in Ball during meaningful carry situations says everything to me about Moreno...
    Ball being a short yadage bowling ball, with next to no other skills, is hardly an indictment On Moreno.

I'd rather have ball on 3rd and inches than Chris Johnson, does that make Ball superior to him as well? No.

Leave a comment:

• DishWater
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DishWater
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
    He looked good after he settled down. I don't know why people just look for people to hate.
    It's pretty simple. Criticizing players is way more interesting a subject to talk about than giving overly-general, metaphorical "high-fives."

This board is boring when it's a love fest.

Leave a comment:

• DOMAN8R
    replied
    My bad the Year was 06! Yes By Far Champ was robbed that year of Defensive MVP for sure!

Leave a comment:

• sbxxxiichamps
    replied
    Originally posted by bucking bronco View Post
    In this order:

Manning
    Brock
    Weber
    Hanie
    Id agree with this lineup

Leave a comment:

• theMileHighGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
    I can get behind most of that except for hillman. I am pretty gosh darn sure he is going to be a player in this league. I saw him in TC and I liked what I saw. He might not crack the top spots yet as he will need to show he can pass pro and such, but as a runner i think he is a gamer.
    Yeh he's a good runner, just not counting chickens before they hatch. Unless he developed the skills to pass protect in Peyton Manning's offense over the last month he's not going to be our 3rd down back.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X