X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• underrated29
    replied
    Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    It's not even close. Moreno will get more than 6 touches in the Seattle game. I hope :doh: Hopefully he will shut some people up.

Hillman isn't a pass protector, and he wasn't even a decent pass catcher until last year. He may not even be able to play in this league, a lot of backs get out of college and just can't do it. If he is successful replaces McGahee imo (when the old man hangs it up) and makes up a nice tandem with Hill/Know.

Ball is a career backup for a reason, Omon is 28 and hasn't caught on anywhere for a reason, Knowshon isn't our starter because of a wrong injury at the wrong time. If he gets outright CUT it's solely because of a McDaniel's grudge. A pro organization just doesn't waive talent like that.

I can get behind most of that except for hillman. I am pretty gosh darn sure he is going to be a player in this league. I saw him in TC and I liked what I saw. He might not crack the top spots yet as he will need to show he can pass pro and such, but as a runner i think he is a gamer.

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
    Because every thread regarding anything needs its own pretentious getlynch comment with a trademark ending.
    Fact.

Leave a comment:

• theMileHighGuy
    replied
    It's not even close. Moreno will get more than 6 touches in the Seattle game. I hope :doh: Hopefully he will shut some people up.

Hillman isn't a pass protector, and he wasn't even a decent pass catcher until last year. He may not even be able to play in this league, a lot of backs get out of college and just can't do it. If he is successful replaces McGahee imo (when the old man hangs it up) and makes up a nice tandem with Hill/Know.

Ball is a career backup for a reason, Omon is 28 and hasn't caught on anywhere for a reason, Knowshon isn't our starter because of a wrong injury at the wrong time. If he gets outright CUT it's solely because of a McDaniel's grudge. A pro organization just doesn't waive talent like that.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by Rarelyoffended View Post
    Overrated revis is better
    Right now, yeah, he probably is....

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    The decision will be made by the coaches. If two QBs are on the roster, one will be on PS. If three are on the roster, PS may carry no QBs. I'm glad it's not up to me; too much pressure.

Leave a comment:

• Brohemoth
    replied
    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    Because every quote regarding Champ Bailey needs its own thread
    Because every thread regarding anything needs its own pretentious getlynch comment with a trademark ending.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    I really do think part of the decision was the fact that it was DENVER. Maybe only 5% but it all adds up

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco in UT View Post
    Based upon what we saw last night and what the Denver media has said all camp, how and the hell can this coaching staff see that Caleb Hanie is a backup QB to Manning? Both Oz and Weber look WAY better than Hanie. Trust me, if we put Weber on the PS he is as good as gone. Every time he gets in the game he looks pretty good. I think we need to see Oz for sure at the 2nd spot next week to see what he does against 2nd teamers and then go forward from there. So, if you believe Hanie is really our 2nd best qb on the team, then convince me.....
    The day we signed Hanie I cringed and frowned in disgust. Hanie looked a lot better on our team than he did on the Bears last season though for his few reps he got. He had some pressure on him a lot too. He also got smashed in the face right before the half. Don't like how he steps forward in the pocket and keeps running but, I need to study the footage before I can really say he shouldn't be doing what he's doing.

Anyhow -as much I'm with the OP here- I think Hanie looked better than I thought he would. A couple really decent passes and a couple not so stellar passes iirc. A few scrambles that garnered positive yards. After one preseason game though that I haven't even reviewed, I can't come to a conclusion.

As for the question Why is Hanie our 2? I think it has to do with real world NFL snaps experience. As conservative as Fox manages this sort of thing, it's not a surprise that Hanie is 2 on the depth chart right now. But I think this depth chart ranking is only penciled in - and very lightly at that.

Oz didn't look bad at all for a rookie that came out of college early. I'm not like blown away or anything, but definitely wasn't unhappy with what I saw. I'll say this for Oz, the dude ain't scared. He's still so young though haha- there's plenty of time to develop a healthy fear of what NFL defenses have to offer him.

Such a shame Manning's one ball got tipped and pic'd. It would have been so cool if they'd have marched down the field and scored a TD -so cool

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    It was quite obvious that it was because of the field conditions. They just didnt want to risk injury.

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    Because every quote regarding Champ Bailey needs its own thread

Leave a comment:

• soloking
    replied
    Just had a baby, probably didn't sleep for 2 days.

Leave a comment:

• bucking bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by DOMAN8R View Post
    In 2005 we alllllllll know who should of Won the Defensive MVP of Year......Our Own Champ Da Man Bailey......Instead the NFL robbed him of what he for sure deserved and instead gave it to Jason Taylor? I am still baffled by that one! Champs 10 interceptions that year WoW he was on fire and as we all know Champ is still to ths day A True Shutdown Corner Back Just remember how many yards last Year did Mike Wallace get while he was being blanketed by Champ? Champ in my mind will go down and is already the Best Corner Back to ever play the game! I just hope this year we can provide him a Super Bowl ring to go with his Hall of Fame career.
    I've never in all my years of watching the NFL have I ever seen a more dominating season by a defensive player than I saw in 2006 by Champ. It was simply amazing to watch.

2006 Champ Bailey:

Thrown at 35 times, allowed 4 receptions (almost 10% completion rate), defended 21 of those passes, tied for league lead with 10 INTS.

Also had 98 tackles (84 solo) for 3rd best on the team, trailing LB's Al Wilson (113) and Ian Gold (101).

Six of Champ's 10 INTS came inside the Broncos' 4-yard line, and 3 were inside the end zone.

If he would have had 1 more fumble recovery, he would have led the league in takeaways.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    I do not care all that much for the stats as they do not tell the whole truth. He was signed because he is supposed to be a veteran and yet during the game he made two mistakes that most rookies would not make. Both were sacks for big loses when all he had to do is throw the ball out of bounds. Secondly when you cannot score a TD when the defense gives you possession of the ball at the 8 yard line then time to move on. Both his passes he made in that series were way off target and they had no chance of being completed.

If he cannot make wise decisions as a veteran then why do we need him when we can develop our younger QBs without him being in the way and taking reps from the young guys?
    I understand why people are making this point and I sort of agree with you. We won't necessarily need Hanie or Weber. I would actually be ok with cutting both and rolling with Brock as second string.

If Manning goes down we are screwed period. So people arguing between Hanie in Weber is rather pointless. Including myself in that statement. But Hanie aside Weber has done nothing to show me he can make it in this league as some would try to have me believe. Just because we know Hanie can't doesn't mean Weber can. No one has seen him against a second string or even starting defense.

The only thing to defend Hanie is you don't have to worry about ruining him if Manning goes down. He is already ruined. But that doesn't necessarily mean we should throw Brock to the wolves and risk ruining him as well. Even if he is younger with more potential and upside. I don't want Hanie is backup but that is the only defense of it.

Honestly though as far as Hanie and Weber I could care less for either to be on the team and I don't really see this flash of potential in Weber that others seem to believe exists.

Leave a comment:

• one_bad_55
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I've yet to see 1 single response indicate what exactly Weber has done well that warrants him making a spot. All I hear is people want him to make the roster because they like him and they already know Hanie stinks.

All I've seen is excuses for why Weber's stats were actually worse than Hanie's. I'm not even a Hanie fan. I want him off the team too. But what I've seen on the field gives no indication that Weber deserves a spot more than Hanie.

I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could make 3-4 excuses for Hanie too just like you all are doing for Weber. Like that he went up against the starting and second string defense while Weber has never gone against anything other than 4's.

People are making the argument that Weber should be on the team based on two pre season games against guys who didn't make an NFL roster last year and won't make an NFL roster this year.
    I do not care all that much for the stats as they do not tell the whole truth. He was signed because he is supposed to be a veteran and yet during the game he made two mistakes that most rookies would not make. Both were sacks for big loses when all he had to do is throw the ball out of bounds. Secondly when you cannot score a TD when the defense gives you possession of the ball at the 8 yard line then time to move on. Both his passes he made in that series were way off target and they had no chance of being completed.

If he cannot make wise decisions as a veteran then why do we need him when we can develop our younger QBs without him being in the way and taking reps from the young guys?

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by Sync View Post
    If I'm remembering right (I might not be, I'm very tired) but I think I went back and watched that particular play a couple of times after it happened, and came to the conclusion that the WR messed up. If he'd run his route at a consistent speed he would've been where Weber threw the ball to.
    It's possible you could be right. But I'll have to agree to disagree. It looked to me like Weber was just incredibly off on where he threw the ball.

But I could be wrong since the very next play was a much more clean crips pass. But I think we should still take into consideration who he was doing it against.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X