Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DenverBlood
    replied
    I've yet to see 1 single response indicate what exactly Weber has done well that warrants him making a spot. All I hear is people want him to make the roster because they like him and they already know Hanie stinks.

All I've seen is excuses for why Weber's stats were actually worse than Hanie's. I'm not even a Hanie fan. I want him off the team too. But what I've seen on the field gives no indication that Weber deserves a spot more than Hanie.

I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could make 3-4 excuses for Hanie too just like you all are doing for Weber. Like that he went up against the starting and second string defense while Weber has never gone against anything other than 4's.

People are making the argument that Weber should be on the team based on two pre season games against guys who didn't make an NFL roster last year and won't make an NFL roster this year.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by 16TheSnake View Post
    0% indication huh? 0... Come on now, live action full speed dominance has 0% on how we will play out the sesson.
    To say "little" I agree with, maybe 5-10% but to say 0 is as bad a use of hyperbole as the fans saying it has everything to do with it.

Same exageration, just the other side of the coin. The Bears players last night were fighting for thier jobs too.

GB2
    Yes 0 indication of how the season will play out. The year the Lions went 0-16 they were 4-0 in the pre season. Clearly the pre season had 0 indication of how their season would play out. So it's not at all exaggeration to say last night had 0 indication on what we can expect this year.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by bucking bronco View Post
    I saw a defense with good depth. That's a huge improvement and what good defenses need. The starters barely played but it's safe to say they are starters for a reason. That's a top 10 defense based on recognizable POTENTIAL.
    It only indicates good depth if it was against the starters. It doesn't indicate anything against Bears backups who won't be on an NFL roster in 3 weeks.

For all you know this could be a bottom 10 defense in disguise after 1 game.

Not saying I believe they can't be just that last night doesn't gaurantee anything.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
    1. I didn't "flame" anybody.
    2. None of the people you quoted said anything about a top 10 defense.
    3. I already stated that i knew the line we played was weak actually in what you quoted.
    4. As I said i am taking away the good that we had some young guys that looked good.
    5. Not once did I say it had any indication of the way the season will play out.

Ok I'm done now.
    Don't take it personal man. I only multiquoted you three but was referencing all that I had read in the thread.

Leave a comment:

• PowderAddict
    replied
    He saw Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, and Derrick Wolfe out warming up and said "screw this, I'm outta here."

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    Originally posted by bucking bronco View Post
    Are you a coach on the team? Guess that makes your opinion of my opinion pretty much garbage, eh?

But feel free to explain in what way Moreno is better than Ball. And remember, Moreno spends more time injured and unable to play than he does stutter-stepping at the LOS (and that's a hella lot).
    Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    moreno is better than ball in every way and even if hes hurt half the year he does more than ball

This------

Leave a comment:

• Sync
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
    He looked good after he settled down. I don't know why people just look for people to hate.
    I didn't think Hanie played badly at all after that first drive, in all honesty.

Leave a comment:

• bucking bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by RockyMtnConvert View Post
    Jay is actually pretty tough- I think two seasons ago he was sacked like 15 times in one game.... and the O-line was giving up mutilple sacks per game.... he looked battered....

LOL
    That O-line is getting better though. They run the ball really good.

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    He looked good after he settled down. I don't know why people just look for people to hate.

Leave a comment:

• RockyMtnConvert
    replied
    Originally posted by Shutdown View Post
    Because he saw the O-line warming up and wisely stayed as far from them as he could.
    Jay is actually pretty tough- I think two seasons ago he was sacked like 15 times in one game.... and the O-line was giving up mutilple sacks per game.... he looked battered....

LOL

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Don't agree with either of you.

1. The order after last night should be
    Manning
    Brock
    Hanie
    Weber

2. By the time it shakes out what the coaches use and what we want will not change. Most likely it will still be
    Manning
    Hanie
    Brock
    Weber odd man out back on the practice squad. He has not done anything to deserve otherwise.

Only possible difference the coaching staff will make is my first option with Brock as #2. But it's really not even the toss up that people think it is with Hanie and Weber. Weber is not what people seem to think he is. And the coaching staff sees this everyday in practice unlike most of you. He is the vet that they want on the team even if not a very good one.

People may not be happy but Weber will not be on this roster in September. If I'm wrong I will cp everyone in this thread who said otherwise.
    I'll have to disagree with ya and i'll take that bet. When Hanie was picked up our qb situation looked a bit different. Now why would we rather have a bad vet then an up and comer who has potential but lacks experience. I would rather take my chances with the unknown with promise then the one I know is gonna suck. If the vet is stinks its doing nothing for your team and he is certainly not going to help with the developement of your young up and comers when he's taking reps away that they could use and if he stinks he certainly won't be leading by example and having them learn unless you consider it learning how not to play qb. I personally see know reason to keep a vet who stinks just cause he's played when all he's done is played badly. If I were on that team I wouldn't be happy about it either.

IMO

Manning
    Oz
    Weber
    Hanie

Leave a comment:

• Shutdown
    replied
    Because he saw the O-line warming up and wisely stayed as far from them as he could.

Leave a comment:

• 86Elwayfan
    replied
    The field was in bad condition last night i think. They had no reason to risk their number ones. I wouldn't read much more into it than that. As someone else said it isn't like our number ones played much either.

Leave a comment:

• 86Elwayfan
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I really don't understand why you guys are flaming horseman so bad. The way you guys are celebrating in this thread would imply that you don't realize all that needed to be taken into account. Especially when you are declaring a top 10 defense.

The defense you saw last night is not the defense that will be playing during the season. We barely saw any of the starters last night and they played against a Cutlerless, Forte less offense that has the worst oline in football.

You guys can be happy about the dominant win as I'm sure horseman is but not let's get carried away on what we think it means for the season.

You can get excited but last nights game gave 0 indication of how this season will play out.
    1. I didn't "flame" anybody.
    2. None of the people you quoted said anything about a top 10 defense.
    3. I already stated that i knew the line we played was weak actually in what you quoted.
    4. As I said i am taking away the good that we had some young guys that looked good.
    5. Not once did I say it had any indication of the way the season will play out.

Ok I'm done now.

Leave a comment:

• bucking bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Syvari View Post
    we are only going to be carrying two qbs on the roster. manning (obviously) and oz. doing this will open up another roster spot for another young guy to make the squad.
    I don't think so. With Manning coming off a serious injury it would be stupid to only keep one other QB on the roster.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X